ADVERTISEMENT

Things that I will miss: re BWI McAndrew Board

PSU Soupy

Aug 3, 2008
1) Fire Franklin comments in every game day thread when we do not pick up a 3rd and 5.
2) Fire Franklin comments when our defense gives up 6 yards on a 3rd and 5.
3) weekend jukebox - learned about a lot of artists that i was unfamiliar with.
4) Midnighters Polls.
5) The pictures of the upcoming hot women athletes in the Olympics
6) The WE are Better Posts
7) Where to eat, where to stay anywhere in the US and almost anywhere in the world.
8) I liked the AKB questions about: plumbing, interest rates, auto issues and which router to buy
9) I liked when cool fans from other teams add to the board....I like when douchey fans from other teams get roasted on this board
10) I love getting any inside info on which guard is looking good......which linebacker is showing up strong.....and who is the star in the weight room.

Mostly I will miss the funny put downs, Bob's be right backs, Ro's hot Pittsburgh takes and Lion Jim's smart Math discussions which I do not understsand. I like how people have gotten so comfortable on the board that they will talk about family members or themselves being sick. I did so myself when I talked about my wife's continuing cancer battle.

This is about the only social media that I do....I publish once a month or so a picture of my family in a interesting place or a fish that I have caught on Instagram.

Thank you everyone for the info....the laughs....the music and the continuation of a belief that i have that as a whole PSU fans are generally really good people.

Doubt that I will pay for the new board....will look for a new community of PSU fans......if I can't find, then maybe I will pay. Have been here since the Plotit days....and for the full run of the McAndrew BWI Board.....thanks to you all.

PSU Soupy.

Last edited:
1) Fire Franklin comments in every game day thread when we do not pick up a 3rd and 5.
4) Midnighters Polls.
7) Where to eat, where to stay anywhere in the US and almost anywhere in the world.
8) I liked the AKB questions about: plumbing, interest rates, auto issues and which router to buy
9) I liked when cool fans from other teams add to the board....I like when douchey fans from other teams get roasted on this board
10) I love getting any inside info on which guard is looking good......which linebacker is showing up strong.....and who is the star in the weight room.

Mostly I will miss the funny put downs, Bob's be right backs, Ro's hot Pittsburgh takes and Lion Jim's smart Math discussions which I do not understsand. I like how people have gotten so comfortable on the board that they will talk about family members or themselves being sick. I did so myself when I talked about my wife's continuing cancer battle.

This is about the only social media that I do....I publish once a month or so a picture of my family in a interesting place or a fish that I have caught on Instagram.

Thank you everyone for the info....the laughs....the music and the continuation of a belief that i have that as a whole PSU fans are generally really good people.

Doubt that I will pay for the new board....will look for a new community of PSU fans......if I can't find, then maybe I will pay. Have been here since the Plotit days....and for the full run of the McAndrew BWI Board.....thanks to you all.

PSU Soupy.
This just isn't right!

Reactions: PSU Soupy
4) Midnighters Polls.

PSU Soupy.
Is there any moderators here or can we just start burning it down now? 🤣

If anyone doubts the power of this board....there is no doubt that the local writers harvest ideas from this board in order to file their columns.

I made a stupid somehat drunken comment 10 years ago about....seeing Rick Neuheisel at the Tavern that still lives today on this board and which was reported as a fact in USA Today.......... Rick N. had to answer that he had never been to PSU.........

4) Midnighters Polls.

PSU Soupy.

If anyone knows how (and/or has the time) to host a McAndrew reborn message board I’m down to help pay the hosting bills.

If anyone doubts the power of this board....there is no doubt that the local writers harvest ideas from this board in order to file their columns.
Not just writers…I’m convinced that Sandy wouldn’t have found our basketball coach without my help…

I made a stupid somehat drunken comment 10 years ago about....seeing Rick Neuheisel at the Tavern that still lives today on this board and which was reported as a fact in USA Today.......... Rick N. had to answer that he had never been to PSU.........

Maybe the second most popular meme on this board ever (which is saying a lot) after the ‘hot dog in a hallway’ meme accidentally started by Austin Nit.

My lasting memory of the board? My little girl looking over my shoulder at the age of five asking me what was that funny video I was watching. It was a Monty Python video one of you guys had posted and she thought it was hysterical. Last year at Halloween she painted one of the pumpkins to look like the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch. My wife thinks you all are a bunch of pejorative ****ers, but I think you're all a bunch of ****ers.

4) Midnighters Polls.

PSU Soupy.
I'll send you a Glen Campbell CD box set to remind you of the jukebox and me and Slash singing Rhinestone Cowboy at the top of our lungs at a Sigma Pi combine (because we didn't like them for some reason).

Reactions: PSU Soupy
Runner ups: evil Tom McAndrew, Austinnit's girlfriend, Lionjim providing the proof that 1×1 does not equal 2 like the rapper claimed, the misadventures of demlion.
Runner ups: evil Tom McAndrew, Austinnit's girlfriend, Lionjim providing the proof that 1×1 does not equal 2 like the actor Terrence Howard claimed, the misadventures of demlion.
FIFY.

4) Midnighters Polls.

PSU Soupy.
Yep. Great post! Been on a McAndrew board ever since the early Plotit days. And never changed my handle. Lived in southern DE (border of Sussex and Kent counties in Milford), Columbus, Ohio area (Powell) and now FL (Sarasota/Osprey) during my time on the board. Going to miss the board for sure, as well as some of the crazy personalities such as Bushy.

I probably will migrate to the free 247 board (aka TOS), although that board is not what it used to be. I am surprised by how long this board has stayed popular. I invite all from this board to move over there along with me if you want to continue on a Penn State football free site.

you-just-made-the-list.jpg

I started the year we recruited Bruce Branch. Had plenty of laughs over the years.
I started before Arrington's recruitment, obviously under a diffetent name. I am honestly stunned at this news. I am not an insider or frequent poster, but I feel as though I know everybody here. This is truly sad news for me. I love this board and the information I've picked up here over the 26 ish years.

My 15YO daughter was so hurt by my disappointment that she has made it her mission to develop a replacement free board. She is actually pretty good at programming. And yes, she says she can program thread view.

Not just writers…I’m convinced that Sandy wouldn’t have found our basketball coach without my help…

That is such a good post.
Would not be surprised in the Assistant AD in charge of monitoring this board did not bring this Info to Sandy.

I started before Arrington's recruitment, obviously under a diffetent name. I am honestly stunned at this news. I am not an insider or frequent poster, but I feel as though I know everybody here. This is truly sad news for me. I love this board and the information I've picked up here over the 26 ish years.

My 15YO daughter was so hurt by my disappointment that she has made it her mission to develop a replacement free board. She is actually pretty good at programming. And yes, she says she can program thread view.
So if a new board is developed how will we (me) be able to find it?

Fair gambit will fly a banner over the PSU vs. UofM game this year.
So look for the sign and heads up if the plane cannot make it back to the airport.
I thought they took his pilot license away from him after that "buzzing Elizabeth Shue's house" incident. He's no Harrison Ford accident waiting to happen, but I'm not so sure about his abilities at this point.

Just seeing this now.....I'll catch everyone on the flip side....not paying for any kind of message board.

Someone should start a new private facebook group where we could all keep talking.....problem is we would all need to use our REAL NAMES!!!!! oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As someone who moved away from PA and have lived in areas where there are very few PSU fans, this board gives me a place to discuss PSU sports. My wife doesn’t understand why I’m on the board so much and I tell her that I’ve got no one else to talk PSU sports with since my dad passed away in 2005. I appreciate you guys giving me a way to talk about PSU for many years. This sucks.

4) Midnighters Polls.

PSU Soupy.
Screw Midnighter’s polls, I want to see these fish you talk about

@PSU&Trout
@troutrus
@Cold Smoke

Where you also the person giving Davey boy jones the fake info that ended up in his column. If so that was brilliant.

Just seeing this now.....I'll catch everyone on the flip side....not paying for any kind of message board.

Someone should start a new private facebook group where we could all keep talking.....problem is we would all need to use our REAL NAMES!!!!! oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No screen names to hide behind when making crazy ass posts?? Interesting.... 🤔

ADVERTISEMENT