ADVERTISEMENT

This doesn’t have a good look to it.

Interim is not seem like an appropriate word when placed in front of suspension. Conditional, might make more sense. But who would know?

Interim is not seem like an appropriate word when placed in front of suspension. Conditional, might make more sense. But who would know?
It is an odd term to use here but it can mean temporary (i.e. it's for an indeterminate amount of time) or provisional (i.e. suspended until X,Y,Z happens).

I wasn't concerned with this simply because I feel like that stuff should stay between the team and coaching staff
Now, if someone is being dismissed from the team that's different but there's no reason not to trust Franklin

I read that 22 GA players have had traffic violations, or worse, since last season. Dang.

Isn't a suspension temporary in nature by definition?

If the suspension is permanent, then it is a dismissal.
Probably silly to dissect the language choices of whoever used that phrase (was it Franklin? Or a staffer?) but suspend can actually mean permanent.

Interim can mean temporary.

It is a very odd choice of terms, but again it wasn't said (I don't think) by a language scholar.

All indications are that Lyons was in for a breakout year. I hope he still is.

Haven't seen specifics as to what the issue is but apparently it's out on the premium boards and people are saying it's not good, implying it's pretty serious. I'm mentally preparing that we won't see these guys this season.

Haven't seen specifics as to what the issue is but apparently it's out on the premium boards and people are saying it's not good, implying it's pretty serious. I'm mentally preparing that we won't see these guys this season.
It is as I believe the incident occurred a week ago…

It is as I believe the incident occurred a week ago…
Not good and they are most likely gone for the season if this is serious. Maybe out of the program. Keys is listed as 2nd team LB behind DeLuca. Lyons is a big time Edge recruit who provided nice depth.

100 young men with peak testosterone and unfortunately the prefrontal cortex isn't fully developed until about age 25 on average. Many years are going to have a couple of knuckleheads take things too far and likely where they will regret. I hope it's something that they can overcome, from which they can learn and grow, for those 2 as young men. But I don't have any real details of the actual events, so who knows.

Poster on X alluding to perhaps a terrible story coming out regarding these two. I hope not.

Poster on X alluding to perhaps a terrible story coming out regarding these two. I hope not.
This is why people shouldn't bash other programs when kids do dumb things. It happens everywhere. Hopefully the rumors aren't true but when you have a group of about 100 guys between 18-23 some are going to do something stupid. You just have to hope it's not too stupid.

Isn't a suspension temporary in nature by definition?

If the suspension is permanent, then it is a dismissal.
Whatever occurred, likely happened weeks or months ago. Since one is a DE and one is a LB, I’m wondering if the Granville kid moving up a year is a function of this. —Interesting timing. Just curious

Reactions: OKLionFan
Whatever occurred, likely happened weeks or months ago. Since one is a DE and one is a LB, I’m wondering if the Granville kid moving up a year is a function of this. —Interesting timing. Just curious
The Granville kid reclassifying had nothing to do with what occurred or the suspensions. Reclassification is a process and takes quite a while. Granville is unlikely to see much time this year regardless of the suspensions.

The Granville kid reclassifying had nothing to do with what occurred or the suspensions. Reclassification is a process and takes quite a while. Granville is unlikely to see much time this year regardless of the suspensions.
Exactly

Never going to happen. A significant portion of the fanbase will insist the program does everything "the right way" regardless of what occurs.
No program doesn't *everything* the right way.

But can we admit that there is a difference between the occasional stupid thing (tow truck incident), a very rare (potential) serious thing (whatever this recent thing is)

VS

the clusterF*** going on at UGA? Or stuff that happened at Miami under Meyer?

No program doesn't *everything* the right way.

But can we admit that there is a difference between the occasional stupid thing (tow truck incident), a very rare (potential) serious thing (whatever this recent thing is)

VS

the clusterF*** going on at UGA? Or stuff that happened at Miami under Meyer?
There isn't. Georgia takes more risks on kids than some other schools. That doesn't mean it's a cluster. They have every right to give kids opportunities if they want to. It's up to the kid not to mess up. Not the coach or the program. The kid.

There isn't. Georgia takes more risks on kids than some other schools. That doesn't mean it's a cluster. They have every right to give kids opportunities if they want to. It's up to the kid not to mess up. Not the coach or the program. The kid.
You take marginal or questionable kids who have a history of being low character and low integrity guys then that is on the coach too. Just like a company that would hire someone fired from their last 4 jobs then they get to their company and they are a bad employee. That is on the company for a bad hire.

They're not doing the program any favors by holding this news back until right before the West Virginia game.

You take marginal or questionable kids who have a history of being low character and low integrity guys then that is on the coach too. Just like a company that would hire someone fired from their last 4 jobs then they get to their company and they are a bad employee. That is on the company for a bad hire.
And, like with the company, you fire them and move on. End of story.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT