ADVERTISEMENT

This is the type of content that we should expect IMO

EdwardoCarrachio

Dec 15, 2023
Last edited:

Have you ever considered setting up your own site?

They have room for you to post your comments below the articles. You should go there and post about how you just found out inflation exists and people should invest in the stock market.

You mean like one of these several articles that we've posted on the site?

You mean like one of these several articles that we've posted on the site?

It looks to me like the site has decent premium content for football, but I can't say for sure without access. I was very close to going premium until the decision on pushing the test board to premium occurred and in only a few hours. Out of principle, I would not sign up for a service that radically changes access with just a few hours' notice. It's just a lack of trust. What else could be changed on users without warning and with no recourse?

And now I can find a good bit of the same type of PSU football content elsewhere without paying premium. Don't get me wrong, I would prefer that this site or any single site had that content all in one place and I knew for certain that things wouldn't be radically changed on a couple of hours' notice. I guess some are fine with that. It just isn't how I like business to be done. But honestly, service everywhere is going downhill these days.

It looks to me like the site has decent premium content for football, but I can't say for sure without access. I was very close to going premium until the decision on pushing the test board to premium occurred and in only a few hours. Out of principle, I would not sign up for a service that radically changes access with just a few hours' notice. It's just a lack of trust. What else could be changed on users without warning and with no recourse?

And now I can find a good bit of the same type of PSU football content elsewhere without paying premium. Don't get me wrong, I would prefer that this site or any single site had that content all in one place and I knew for certain that things wouldn't be radically changed on a couple of hours' notice. I guess some are fine with that. It just isn't how I like business to be done. But honestly, service everywhere is going downhill these days.
It's more then decent premium content and it's not just football, we cover all sports including recruiting here on Happy Valley Insider.

The decision to make the test board premium was the best thing we could've done here to keep all the political nonsense posts that you love under control. It was well more then a few hours notice, plus we gave everyone an insane discount to sign up if they wanted to talk politics, current events, etc. End of the day this is a PENN STATE BOARD, not a Political nonsense board.

Listen we've warned you several times already about attacking others, breaking the rules and now you're attacking our site, so cut it out or we will have no choice, but to issue a ban.

It's more then decent premium content and it's not just football, we cover all sports including recruiting here on Happy Valley Insider.

The decision to make the test board premium was the best thing we could've done here to keep all the political nonsense posts that you love under control. It was well more then a few hours notice, plus we gave everyone an insane discount to sign up if they wanted to talk politics, current events, etc. End of the day this is a PENN STATE BOARD, not a Political nonsense board.

Listen we've warned you several times already about attacking others, breaking the rules and now you're attacking our site, so cut it out or we will have no choice, but to issue a ban.
Please do!!! He is a moron....

Rich, who have I attacked? I don't recall ever being warned about that. I have certainly been attacked personally and fairly regularly. I have also posted threads before suggesting ways to improve the board, but I don't view that as attacking the board. Nor do I view my honest feedback above as attacking the board. But if you don't want that kind of honest feedback, I will no longer post it.

I have been warned about posting topics construed as political, although I don't believe that those topics are inherently political. And I have responded on occasions to others that have posted politically with a rebuttal in kind. But you would have to ban a lot of posters to be seen as fair on this point. I've even not posted fairly recently for a couple of weeks and when I checked back in there were more political posts while I was gone on this site than there were before I had left. Others have provided the feedback that making the test board premium has resulted in this outcome.

I've said it before, do what you think is right. Not a big deal to me either way. I've lost a lot of interest in this site anyway. Whatever you do, I would try to use the same approach even with those who share your views. Otherwise, it gives the appearance of a bias. And if that is perceived, then you could potentially lose half of your community. I'm fine with whatever you decide. I'm only asking that you apply it fairly.

Rich, who have I attacked? I don't recall ever being warned about that. I have certainly been attacked personally and fairly regularly. I have also posted threads before suggesting ways to improve the board, but I don't view that as attacking the board. Nor do I view my honest feedback above as attacking the board. But if you don't want that kind of honest feedback, I will no longer post it.

I have been warned about posting topics construed as political, although I don't believe that those topics are inherently political. And I have responded on occasions to others that have posted politically with a rebuttal in kind. But you would have to ban a lot of posters to be seen as fair on this point. I've even not posted fairly recently for a couple of weeks and when I checked back in there were more political posts while I was gone on this site than there were before I had left. Others have provided the feedback that making the test board premium has resulted in this outcome.

I've said it before, do what you think is right. Not a big deal to me either way. I've lost a lot of interest in this site anyway. Whatever you do, I would try to use the same approach even with those who share your views. Otherwise, it gives the appearance of a bias. And if that is perceived, then you could potentially lose half of your community. I'm fine with whatever you decide. I'm only asking that you apply it fairly.
Do you ever stop whining. Geeze you said you are retired. Go enjoy life or go back to work

I'm not going back and forth with you all day long, just cut out the political posting it's not that hard.

Also you literally said above that we aren't trustworthy and hinted at our service is going downhill.

Just cut out the political posting on the football board, if you even think there's a chance that your post could be taken down a political path just don't post it or better yet just take it the current events board where there are no rules and people are free to post whatever and whenever they want. It's that simple.

Our moderating has been more then fair with you and we've given you more chances then most. Also literally nine days ago you posted a thread titled "WTF is wrong with the moderators here? Leading candidate for US President assassination attempt not permitted as a thread? You censors can rot in hell" cause we moved your thread to the political board.

The test board is staying the way it is, end of discussion. Either sign up and post there or don't post political stuff on the PENN STATE FOOTBALL BOARD.

Rich, who have I attacked?

You directly attacked this site. You could have shared the other info and left it for discussion without the subject line.

Maybe you are like me, I don't check the main page for articles. I don't have premium. If they share it on the board, which they usually do the free information, I tend to read it.

You directly attacked this site. You could have shared the other info and left it for discussion without the subject line.

Maybe you are like me, I don't check the main page for articles. I don't have premium. If they share it on the board, which they usually do the free information, I tend to read it.
I'll disagree Dave. What is the attack on the site? I said that it was the type of content that we should expect. It is out there as free content elsewhere. Can you explain to me why you think it is an attack on the site to suggest that we should also have that content that some site with less visibility has?

It was not intended as an attack, and I linked the free information here for our community to access without having to search the internet for it like I did. I suppose if we now know that we can be accused of an attack for providing free PSU football content that we came across, then perhaps it's no longer advisable to share it.

I'll disagree Dave. What is the attack on the site? I said that it was the type of content that we should expect. It is out there as free content elsewhere. Can you explain to me why you think it is an attack on the site to suggest that we should also have that content that some site with less visibility has?

It was not intended as an attack, and I linked the free information here for our community to access without having to search the internet for it like I did. I suppose if we now know that we can be accused of an attack for providing free PSU football content that we came across, then perhaps it's no longer advisable to share it.

Subject line. Poster history.

I'm giving you an outside perspective. I don't run the site. I'm not politically against you. Disagree, don't listen, whatever you desire.

I'm not going back and forth with you all day long, just cut out the political posting it's not that hard.

Also you literally said above that we aren't trustworthy and hinted at our service is going downhill.

Just cut out the political posting on the football board, if you even think there's a chance that your post could be taken down a political path just don't post it or better yet just take it the current events board where there are no rules and people are free to post whatever and whenever they want. It's that simple.

Our moderating has been more then fair with you and we've given you more chances then most. Also literally nine days ago you posted a thread titled "WTF is wrong with the moderators here? Leading candidate for US President assassination attempt not permitted as a thread? You censors can rot in hell" cause we moved your thread to the political board.

The test board is staying the way it is, end of discussion. Either sign up and post there or don't post political stuff on the PENN STATE FOOTBALL BOARD.
I see no value in going back and forth either. I also don't really understand why I am being threatened to be banned for politics in this thread that I posted about Lasch Basch visitors, but I do hope that all posters are held to that no matter which side of the aisle their views fall. Logically it doesn't follow that a completely non-political thread about PSU recruiting is the impetus for a threat to ban because of past perceived political posts.

As for the thread that I had posted 9 days ago that you had removed, it was an absolutely historic event. There were several threads started on the topic by several posters. It's like where were you when (insert something historic) occurred? How can we not be permitted to discuss history unfolding before our eyes? If the US is attacked by a foreign enemy, would we not be permitted to share that information? What if it is on American soil? I'm sorry, I just cannot understand this.

It's fine either way. I'll await your finding a reason, any reason it appears, to ban my account. We all know that you will do this at some point. I already need to be able to somehow prevent other posters from potentially responding to any thread that I start with political responses (I'll need a lot of luck if held to the actions of others on an anonymous discussion board). Now it appears that I am also not allowed to post threads with PSU football content as that may be perceived as an attack on this site.

I do want you to know that I don't hold anything against you personally. I simply hope to see everyone held to the same set of rules and those rules either to be followed or not followed. I still don't like the decision on the test board or how it was executed. That's not personal. It's merely an observation.

Subject line. Poster history.

I'm giving you an outside perspective. I don't run the site. I'm not politically against you. Disagree, don't listen, whatever you desire.
Thanks Dave. I have no illusion of being held to the same set of rules as others here. I don't think it will be long before I'm banned for my views or as you say poster history. Some simply aren't tolerant of other points of view. I personally welcome them because it is a chance to revisit and reflect on what and why we hold the views that we do. But I'm a retired scientist, so I like to continue to question. I like to challenge my thoughts with opposing positions and possibilities. If I'm banned, so be it.

I see no value in going back and forth either. I also don't really understand why I am being threatened to be banned for politics in this thread that I posted about Lasch Basch visitors, but I do hope that all posters are held to that no matter which side of the aisle their views fall. Logically it doesn't follow that a completely non-political thread about PSU recruiting is the impetus for a threat to ban because of past perceived political posts.

As for the thread that I had posted 9 days ago that you had removed, it was an absolutely historic event. There were several threads started on the topic by several posters. It's like where were you when (insert something historic) occurred? How can we not be permitted to discuss history unfolding before our eyes? If the US is attacked by a foreign enemy, would we not be permitted to share that information? What if it is on American soil? I'm sorry, I just cannot understand this.

It's fine either way. I'll await your finding a reason, any reason it appears, to ban my account. We all know that you will do this at some point. I already need to be able to somehow prevent other posters from potentially responding to any thread that I start with political responses (I'll need a lot of luck if held to the actions of others on an anonymous discussion board). Now it appears that I am also not allowed to post threads with PSU football content as that may be perceived as an attack on this site.

I do want you to know that I don't hold anything against you personally. I simply hope to see everyone held to the same set of rules and those rules either to be followed or not followed. I still don't like the decision on the test board or how it was executed. That's not personal. It's merely an observation.

If you were actually a scientist (which you weren't), you'd be able to figure out the behavioral expectations and constraints placed on you, and you'd be able to adjust your behavior accordingly to stay within those bounds, rather than constantly and blatantly stepping over those lines and then pretending like you don't know what you just did. Even if you were somehow emotionally/socially challenged (on the spectrum, etc.), and couldn't figure out how to act, intrinsically, you'd still be able to logically lay out where the boundaries were, so you wouldn't cross them.

Instead, you're just a controlling and manipulative troll. Well, at least you attempt to be ... but you always fail. You're constantly trying to change the board to your whims ... just to see if you can make it happen. The board should do this ... the board should do that ... if the board does this, you'll do that. You use passive-aggressiveness in your trolling, so you can pretend like you didn't really do what you just did ... just like here, where you CLEARLY insulted/attacked this board, and now you're pretending like you did no such thing. And you throw temper tantrums in order to try to get your way when your manipulation doesn't work ... you scream out that you've been wronged and you're leaving ... and then when no one cares that you're leaving, and you see you won't get your way ... you slink back.

Talk about PSU, or just go. Everyone's had enough. We don't care about your made-up personal nonsense. We don't want rudimentary lessons in inflation (that are simply repeated to attack the current Administration, as we know from your prior "contributions" on the Politics board). We don't care what you'd do to improve the board, or what the board could do for you to get you to do X, Y or Z. And we don't want to read your feigned martyr syndrome, as if you're being treated differently than others and persecuted unjustly. And if you go (again), just go ... no one needs to here why, or even know that you're gone. We'll come to acknowledge it organically, when we realize the trolling has stopped, and it's peaceful again.

Reactions: Vic Vaselino
If you were actually a scientist (which you weren't), you'd be able to figure out the behavioral expectations and constraints placed on you, and you'd be able to adjust your behavior accordingly to stay within those bounds, rather than constantly and blatantly stepping over those lines and then pretending like you don't know what you just did. Even if you were somehow emotionally/socially challenged (on the spectrum, etc.), and couldn't figure out how to act, intrinsically, you'd still be able to logically lay out where the boundaries were, so you wouldn't cross them.

Instead, you're just a controlling and manipulative troll. Well, at least you attempt to be ... but you always fail. You're constantly trying to change the board to your whims ... just to see if you can make it happen. The board should do this ... the board should do that ... if the board does this, you'll do that. You use passive-aggressiveness in your trolling, so you can pretend like you didn't really do what you just did ... just like here, where you CLEARLY insulted/attacked this board, and now you're pretending like you did no such thing. And you throw temper tantrums in order to try to get your way when your manipulation doesn't work ... you scream out that you've been wronged and you're leaving ... and then when no one cares that you're leaving, and you see you won't get your way ... you slink back.

Talk about PSU, or just go. Everyone's had enough. We don't care about your made-up personal nonsense. We don't want rudimentary lessons in inflation (that are simply repeated to attack the current Administration, as we know from your prior "contributions" on the Politics board). We don't care what you'd do to improve the board, or what the board could do for you to get you to do X, Y or Z. And we don't want to read your feigned martyr syndrome, as if you're being treated differently than others and persecuted unjustly. And if you go (again), just go ... no one needs to here why, or even know that you're gone. We'll come to acknowledge it organically, when we realize the trolling has stopped, and it's peaceful again.
tl:dr

Yikes.

. Some simply aren't tolerant of other points of view. I personally welcome them because it is a chance to revisit and reflect on what and why we hold the views that we do.
Have you always struggled with a lack of self awareness? Your online persona is taking over in some of these threads.

In fairness it is very entertaining tho.

Ran across an awesome free PSU wrestling article on their participants in the Olympics and betting odds for gold. Can't share it here. I might be accused of attacking the site again for sharing free PSU sports content. Maybe someone else whose political leanings aren't known or are the desired leanings can find it and share it.

Ran across an awesome free PSU wrestling article on their participants in the Olympics and betting odds for gold. Can't share it here. I might be accused of attacking the site again for sharing free PSU sports content. Maybe someone else whose political leanings aren't known or are the desired leanings can find it and share it.

You could create a thread titled "PSU Wrestling in the Olympics" and share the article within, but no, that won't get the desired response.

Shesh.

Calm down ma'am, your Karen is showing

Reactions: Vic Vaselino
You could create a thread titled "PSU Wrestling in the Olympics" and share the article within, but no, that won't get the desired response.

Shesh.
Don't think so. Posting history. Those who have different views will not tolerate even pure PSU sports posts. Look at the responses to nearly all of my posts. Those with certain leanings always attack and some would say that the moderator is not just permitting this but facilitating it (in this thread it is borderline directing it).

200w.gif
Don't think so. Posting history. Those who have different views will not tolerate even pure PSU sports posts. Look at the responses to nearly all of my posts. Those with certain leanings always attack and some would say that the moderator is not just permitting this but facilitating it (in this thread it is borderline directing it).

And, shockingly ... to absolutely no one ... Edwardo just can't help himself ... and keeps acting in the exact same immature manner that continually gets himself in trouble, and disliked by everyone.

Get help.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT