ADVERTISEMENT

This may explain why TE Eric All was left wiiiiiiiide open. (link)

Cosmos

May 29, 2001
Overconfidence...

Michigan trailed 17–14 with about three minutes, 40 seconds left when McNamara’s strike came. On a second-and-9, he rifled a pass to All on a simple five-yard crossing route. The tight end turned up the field to see a wide swath of open ground. He out-raced a handful of Penn State defenders some 40 yards—bum ankle and all.

“When I caught it and cut up, my ankle kind of squeaked,” All said. “I was worried about being fast enough to get there.”

All only just got healthy enough to even play. In fact, he estimates the ankle is only about 85% there. Penn State players knew about his injury, he said. During the game, they told him about it.

“We know. We know,” one said to him. “We’ve been scouting you. You ain’t going nowhere.”

Except, of course, to the house for the game-securing score. “They forgot about Erick All,” a smiling Harbaugh said.

Very reminiscent of the O$U winning TD in 2018. King had him but was rubbed off by Hardy. Great call by Gattis. But an odd defensive alignment by Pry....

Reactions: FHSPSU67
Kalen King was supposed to be an impact freshman. The only times I remember him this season are: a pass interference against Wisconsin, and this play.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Fellas, all I know is a sports reporter (I forget which one) covering game highlights made fun of us on the play by saying (I paraphrase) look at him (Eric All) use that breakaway speed.

They are making fun of us! Just as they made fun of losing to Illinois. Some of you need to wake up and smell the coffee. Franklin has lost his edge. He's gotten complacent. It's what guaranteed income does to a person. It will be a travesty should he not be held accountable. After all, this isn't welfare. He needs a fire lit under his arse.

Reactions: TheGLOV and ftlpsu
he was wide open because King ran into Porter on the crossing route not because of over confidence or being left wide open. Do some of you actually watch the games or the instant replays or just complain about every little thing?
Yep, Mich had three wideouts on the right and they all ran across to the left, drawing all the coverage with them. The TE came across from the left and the cover man, King, got caught up in the traffic. Just as it was designed. But there should have been a safety able to cut him off after 20 or so yards.

Fellas, all I know is a sports reporter (I forget which one) covering game highlights made fun of us on the play by saying (I paraphrase) look at him (Eric All) use that breakaway speed.

They are making fun of us! Just as they made fun of losing to Illinois. Some of you need to wake up and smell the coffee. Franklin has lost his edge. He's gotten complacent. It's what guaranteed income does to a person. It will be a travesty should he not be held accountable. After all, this isn't welfare. He needs a fire lit under his arse.
Perhaps.

But no member of the stupidest, most reviled profession will impact my judgment.

In fact, if a journalist is trying to get Franklin out, that makes me want to keep him (which is completely irrational, I know).

Reactions: Ski
Perhaps.

But no member of the stupidest, most reviled profession will impact my judgment.

In fact, if a journalist is trying to get Franklin out, that makes me want to keep him (which is completely irrational, I know).

I worked with engineers for many years….and let me say you have absolutely no room to talk. The average engineer has all the personality and charisma of a used tampon.

I worked with engineers for many years….and let me say you have absolutely no room to talk. The average engineer has all the personality and charisma of a used tampon.
At least engineers are precise which puts them way, way ahead of so called reporters/journalists.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
I know a lot of engineers with charisma and personality. I know lots of engineers with no personality.

But I don't know a single smart journalism major. Not one.

I’d love to see the stats on our delay blitz when we send the house. As opposed to rushing 3 or 4. Pass was caught where Smith and Ellis blitzed from. 2nd and 11. No need to blitz

I agree. Very disappointing on how ineffective pass rush, and blitz's have been this year. Along with offensive line play, these are the keys to 4 losses this year.

Didn’t realize Franklin was supposed to cover All on that play. A 47 yard TD in crunch time on a 5 yard simple crossing pattern to a TE. Come on man how about if you open your eyes and place blame where it belongs, especially on that play. That would be the players on the field. Inexcusable but what the hell let’s blame that on Franklin too.

I agree. Very disappointing on how ineffective pass rush, and blitz's have been this year. Along with offensive line play, these are the keys to 4 losses this year.
Agreed. Can’t count the number of times the team has the opposition in 3rd and long and they blitz and bingo first down.

Kalen King was supposed to be an impact freshman. The only times I remember him this season are: a pass interference against Wisconsin, and this play.
He showed how to tackle on a number of plays yesterday. The collision of two defenders allowed him to be wide open. At first I thought it was a pick, but then realized two defenders collided.

Reactions: MaconNitt
he was wide open because King ran into Porter on the crossing route not because of over confidence or being left wide open. Do some of you actually watch the games or the instant replays or just complain about every little thing?
How can you rip on people for not watching the game and not realize it was Hardy not Porter?

How can you rip on people for not watching the game and not realize it was Hardy not Porter?

Hardy....Porter.... who give a shit...the point is he was not left wiiide open due to over confidence as was suggested.

Good on you though. You got me. Should be so proud of yourself. You might want to check my gramma, spellin and punctuatien too while you're at it 🙄

Hardy....Porter.... who give a shit...the point is he was not left wiiide open due to over confidence as was suggested.

Good on you though. You got me. Should be so proud of yourself. You might want to check my gramma, spellin and punctuatien too while you're at it 🙄
I don’t point out spelling. I just watch the replays a bit closer than you I guess.

Reactions: MaconNitt
I don’t point out spelling. I just watch the replays a bit closer than you I guess.
You do. The first replay I saw was from my seat at the game on the jumbo screen. The second replay was your clip on my cell phone in the airport. I didn't notice it even with my readers on.

One man's rip is another man's ballbust, it's what I do

It's not like I want to challenge you to a fight in Champ's parking lot or demean your profession or anything ;)

It’s not just those year. It’s been the case for Prys entire duration here.
I’ve pointed out for several years that his blitzes are predictable and usually handled easily by the offense. I like Pry, and I think he does a good job, but the blitz schemes have to be upgraded.

Reactions: step.eng69
Some of this was just some bad luck. Watch the replay above, for some reason the Umpire decides to move forward and right into all the traffic. Had the umpire held his ground, Hardy could have kept his trail on his man and gone under the Umpire. With the Umpire moving up, Hardy had to go over the unintentional pick created by the Umpire and right into King's path.

Long story short, had the ref held his ground like he typically does, this was a throw to a TE that gets tackled at the LOS.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Some of this was just some bad luck. Watch the replay above, for some reason the Umpire decides to move forward and right into all the traffic. Had the umpire held his ground, Hardy could have kept his trail on his man and gone under the Umpire. With the Umpire moving up, Hardy had to go over the unintentional pick created by the Umpire and right into King's path.

Long story short, had the ref held his ground like he typically does, this was a throw to a TE that gets tackled at the LOS.
Yer sayin a referine somehow inadvertently helped Mich win? Say it ain’t so!

Thinks it would have been good for 7-8 yards, not LoS

The umpire moves up nearly every pass play as the OL gives up ground in pass protection.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT