ADVERTISEMENT

Football Three Penn State players chosen as ESPN Freshman All-Americans

When I saw the headline I thought, "Obviously 2 of the 3 are Carter and Singleton. I wonder who the third is." Then I guessed that it is likely Allen. Dennis-Sutton! He hardly played. Was he chosen just because he was our highest rated recruit? Very surprising choice as a freshman All-American.

When I saw the headline I thought, "Obviously 2 of the 3 are Carter and Singleton. I wonder who the third is." Then I guessed that it is likely Allen. Dennis-Sutton! He hardly played. Was he chosen just because he was our highest rated recruit? Very surprising choice as a freshman All-American.
You may have uncovered a nefarious conspiracy to validate recruiting rankings. It would be truly hilarious if they nominated someone who redshirted.

Reactions: royboy
May be sack stat related. I doubt many true freshmen had his sack total even though he had limited reps.

You may have uncovered a nefarious conspiracy to validate recruiting rankings. It would be truly hilarious if they nominated someone who redshirted.
A few years ago the PA All State Softball team had a girl on it who missed the entire year because of an injury during basketball season. That team historically is a joke.

Reactions: Thomas1945
To be fair, Sutton played significant snaps (225 total) and looked good in those snaps. This isn't as surprising as one might think.

To be fair, Sutton played significant snaps (225 total) and looked good in those snaps. This isn't as surprising as one might think.
I'm not disparaging Sutton. He did look good the little he played. Also, his high school play indicates he is top notch. I hope by the time his PSU career is over that he is better than Courtney Brown.

This seems to show how hard it is to come into top 20 football and make an impact on the DLine.

Whereas when watching some of the other bowl games I seem to remember them highlighting a number of other RB's that came in and put up decent stats.

And along those thoughts it would seem that Shelton should have garnered some serious consideration as well. But there were probably a few OT's that actually started for their teams from the first game.

ADVERTISEMENT