ADVERTISEMENT

Time for Berhalter to go

Delcolion915

Mar 19, 2022
That was .. panthic.

Red card for absolute stupidity, then after Bologun amazing goal, they give up an equalizer in 3 minutes. No Musah. Poor defense, in second half. 3 defenders around Panama on second goal, you have to make that save but Turner isn't there to do it. He takes Bokogun out of the game and Pepi comes up lame on the header.

This dude needs to go. Zero excuse losing at home to Panama and they ain't gonna beat Uruguay.

Long overdue, the guy shouldn't have been hired back in the first place.

"Golden generation" lmao

That was .. panthic.

Red card for absolute stupidity, then after Bologun amazing goal, they give up an equalizer in 3 minutes. No Musah. Poor defense, in second half. 3 defenders around Panama on second goal, you have to make that save but Turner isn't there to do it. He takes Bokogun out of the game and Pepi comes up lame on the header.

This dude needs to go. Zero excuse losing at home to Panama and they ain't gonna beat Uruguay.

Long overdue, the guy shouldn't have been hired back in the first place.

"Golden generation" lmao

Alexi Lalas was pissed off after. Rightfully so.

The second goal was awful. It was like the goal keeper was trying to dodge the shot like Neo dodges bullets in The Matrix.

brick-dodge.gif

Team USA isn't going to beat Bolivia Monday. Yet another set back for Men's soccer.

Last edited:
Alexi Lalas was pissed off after. Rightfully so.

The second goal was awful. It was like the goal keeper was trying to dodge the shot like Neo dodges bullets in The Matrix.

brick-dodge.gif

Team USA isn't going to be Bolivia Monday. Yet another set back for Men's soccer.
I think that you mean that they're not going to beat Uruguay on Monday, which they probably aren't. Thus, they'll be out of the tournament when a country like Panama, which probably has more illegals living in the USA than actually reside in their own country, will advance in their place, which is a complete joke.

Considering the fact that most of the USMNT now play on European teams, including the Premier League and Serie A, it's completely unacceptable to lose to countries like Panama, especially at home, regardless of the mitigating factor of the red card. A less naive country would've found a way to grind out a draw in that game, but of course that's still too much to expect from this program.

Reactions: bison13 and m.knox
I think that you mean that there not going to beat Uruguay on Monday, which they probably aren't. Thus, they'll be out of the tournament when a country like Panama, which probably has more illegals living in the USA than actually reside in their own country, will advance in their place, which is a complete joke.

Considering the fact that most of the USMNT now play on European teams, including the Premier League and Serie A, it's completely unacceptable to lose to countries like Panama, especially at home, regardless of the mitigating factor of the red card. A less naive country would've found a way to grind out a draw in that game, but of course that's still too much to expect from this program.

Correct, and I just watched the replay of them whipping up Bolivia this morning......

I’m not arguing that Berhalter should keep his job. He probably should be fired. But it wasn’t his fault that idiot got thrown out of the game. That was why we lost: not because our coach stinks

I’m not arguing that Berhalter should keep his job. He probably should be fired. But it wasn’t his fault that idiot got thrown out of the game. That was why we lost: not because our coach stinks
I agree with that. Also, he actually has done pretty well in CONCACAF tournaments and did get them to knockout round of the last World Cup.

The player who received the red card plays for Juventus, which is one of the most famous football clubs in the world, and his father was a great player; he should've known how to handle himself when he was being agitated.

Not probably. Definitely. If they don't advance, he is gone. As both Dempsey and Lalas said, while that was bush league play by Yeah, it was still Burhalter who lifted Turner at half for a clearly minor league tender. Turner finished the half and could have played the second. It was Berhalter who pulled Baligun, with 24 minutes left. Berhalter who failed to move Pulicic to the 9 after that.

Time and again he has shown clearly that he is not a world team worthy coach. No other nation would even give him a sniff.

Write the check and go get Zidane, or Guardiola, or....hell I can name 20 coaches superior to that hack.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Not probably. Definitely. If they don't advance, he is gone.
I was listening to the Sirius XM Soccer Channel this morning, and the consensus seems to be that he will be replaced if they don't advance. Now the question is who would the replacement be?

Not probably. Definitely. If they don't advance, he is gone. As both Dempsey and Lalas said, while that was bush league play by Yeah, it was still Burhalter who lifted Turner at half for a clearly minor league tender. Turner finished the half and could have played the second. It was Berhalter who pulled Baligun, with 24 minutes left. Berhalter who failed to move Pulicic to the 9 after that.

Time and again he has shown clearly that he is not a world team worthy coach. No other nation would even give him a sniff.

Write the check and go get Zidane, or Guardiola, or....hell I can name 20 coaches superior to that hack.
Yeah, Zidane sounds good. Maybe he can teach Weah that a headbutt is the most bang for your buck when getting red carded in the biggest game of his life.

Reactions: m.knox
I think that you mean that they're not going to beat Uruguay on Monday, which they probably aren't. Thus, they'll be out of the tournament when a country like Panama, which probably has more illegals living in the USA than actually reside in their own country, will advance in their place, which is a complete joke.

I didn't know they all play on European teams and I guess many on premier teams. That means it is coaching more than talent holding us back at this point. Yeah, we should be able to at least draw with Panama with only 10 guys especially being up 1-0.

I didn't know they all play on European teams and I guess many on premier teams. That means it is coaching more than talent holding us back at this point. Yeah, we should be able to at least draw with Panama with only 10 guys especially being up 1-0.
I'm just doing this by memory, and I'm not going to go through the whole team, but the following players who played last night play on the following European teams:

Matt Turner - Nottingham Forest
Wes McKennie - Juventus
Tyler Adams - Fulham
Tim Ream - Fulham
Gio Reyna - Nottingham Forest
Tim Weah - Juventus
Flo Belogun - Monaco
Christian Pulisic - AC Milan
Cameron Carter-Vickers - Celtic
Ricardo Pepi - PSV

I'm sure that there are others, but that just shows you that most of the players on this team are considered to be good enough to play at the highest level of European soccer, and it's a damn shame that they're probably going to be bounced in the group stage of a prestigious tournament that's being played in the USA. If they had advanced even to the quaterfinals and played an Argentina, Columbia or Brazil, that would've created so much buzz for this program and the sport, especially since they don't have to qualify for the 2026 World Cup.

Last edited:

Yeah - him and his tight pants are a joke. He’s a donkey.

As an aside, why has no country gone after Diego Simeone as a NT coach? That guy is a genius for what he’s done at Atlético. Plus, his style is perfect for a survive and advance tournament

Yeah - him and his tight pants are a joke. He’s a donkey.

As an aside, why has no country gone after Diego Simeone as a NT coach? That guy is a genius for what he’s done at Atlético. Plus, his style is perfect for a survive and advance tournament
As an Inter Milan fan, there always has been talk that he eventually may become Inter's coach one day, as he's a former player there. However, Inter's current coach, Simone Inzaghi, has done a tremendous job and probably won't be leaving anytime soon. I love how Simeone's teams usually are more than the sum of their parts, and they emulate his personality. Ironically, his Atletico Madrid knocked Inter out of the Champions League this past season on penalty kicks, and Inter, IMO, was a much more talented team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chickenman Testa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT