ADVERTISEMENT

To troll or not to troll? That is the Q: "Some of u are remembering a JoePaterno who never existed"

Both Paterno and Franklin have a common arch nemesis- Minnesota! Although I must say, 1999 hurt far more than this year. In 1999 we could taste the national championship prior to that game, and the loss caused a spiral into the dark age of PSU football.

The whole column feels a little too "strawman" for me. He's propping up the PennLive comments as if they speak for any more than 1% of the fanbase.

No, you don't understand that IT Has Everything To Do With Depth

So, according to your posts, all of the issues with blown leads and lack of coaching adjustments and decision making are because of depth and PSU had depth this year. So why didn't see improvements on in game coaching?

Exactly, some posters on this board act like we are 6 years removed from 1986 instead of the tail end of the second worst sanctions in the history of college football. Funny thing though is that Joe went 48 and 23 in the six years after 1986 and coach Franklin is 55-23 in his 6 years. Don't get me wrong, I love Joe, I have his picture along with my parents and family on the wall of my den, but some people have unrealistic expectations. I believe Coach Franklin is the perfect person to carry on Joe's legacy.

And even though Franklin would never mention it out loud...I believe part of his philosophy at PSU is carrying out Joe's legacy in many ways...integrity, academics, family....SUCCESS WITH HONOR is alive and well with CJF.

Reactions: Langmuir
ADVERTISEMENT