ADVERTISEMENT

Top ten RB Alvin Henderson committing tomorrow at Noon...PSU lean

proud2bpsufan

Jan 4, 2013
Alvin Henderson- 5'9" 200 lb from Alabama
He is currently ranked #3, #4, #14 and #17 on the 4 ranking sites. That would give PSU 3 running backs in the 2025 class. The other two commits (Barker and Hayes) are ranked in the 20's and higher. Henderson's video looks great showing vision, cutting ability, power and speed. To me, he looks like the prototypical SEC-type RB. I'm excited for this one to hopefully join Nittany Nation!

Last edited by a moderator:
I do. Moreso them playing. I was 9 when it occurred and recruiting was tougher to follow back then. Lol

So, you saying yes to 3?
I want as many high quality kids as possible, because you know that there's going to be attrition through injury and transfer after everyone begins to realize their status on the team.

By the way, for whatever reason, I wore my 1995 Rose Bowl hat to work today, when Carter, Archie and Pitts all were on that team. Maybe it's a good sign.

I do. Moreso them playing. I was 9 when it occurred and recruiting was tougher to follow back then. Lol

So, you saying yes to 3?
Why not?
Archie was a great receiving back that kept drives going with his after the catch open field running. He also took a few to the house. Coach K would use them all.

Reactions: lazydave841
Remember when we got Kijana, Archie and Pitts in one class?
I don't know about recruiting classes but that team also had Jon Whitman and Brian Milne drafted.

I looked up the roster. Milne and Whitman are listed as the same year as kijana and Archie. Old roster does not distinguish redshirts so they might not be same recruiting class.

Last edited:
I don't know about recruiting classes but that team also had Jon Whitman and Brian Milne drafted.

I looked up the roster. Milne and Whitman are listed as the same year as kijana and Archie. Old roster does not distinguish redshirts so they might not be same recruiting class.
Those were the ancient days and those two were fullbacks

Reactions: bison13
Was that the same class that JT Morris was in, as I remember him being in a loaded RB class?

Correct. J.T. Morris was a very highly touted High School All-American from Virginia. That Penn State RB room was so loaded Joe Paterno asked Morris to move to fullback so that he could get more playing time. Morris balked and transferred to Liberty University based in his hometown Lynchburg Virginia.

I want as many high quality kids as possible, because you know that there's going to be attrition through injury and transfer after everyone begins to realize their status on the team.

By the way, for whatever reason, I wore my 1995 Rose Bowl hat to work today, when Carter, Archie and Pitts all were on that team. Maybe it's a good sign.
Plenty of Carter stories out there- but two interesting ones for the other two:

1) I was at "The Shore" near Sea Bright, NJ sometime in the 90s and noticed a super built young man with a small group near where me and my wife were sitting. Guy had Penn State Football shorts on. It was Stephen Pitts who was from nearby Atlantic Highlands. Sometimes it is hard to remember that these are college kids who do regular people things too like hanging out at the beach during the Summer with friends.

2) I was at the Purdue game in 1995. It was their Homecoming and we were ranked #20. Good back and forth game- Alstott was great for them, Bobby Engram for us. But the game winning TD was scored by Archie on one of the best screen plays we have EVER run. Our Tackle pulled and wiped out their DB, while a WR got a great block downfield. Archie walked into the endzone for a hard fought WIN. Play is at the 23:00 mark of this PSU Football Story recap. The Engram bomb setting up this play is worth watching too.

During that time I was excited to check out Big Ten Stadiums and had a sister who lived in Chicago- so I easily hit Illini, Purdue and NW. Also went to Minny, MSU and OSU. Lost my steam and have only been to RU since- which barely counts.

From the old days I need Wisky, Big House, IU, Iowa, and Nebby if we count them (have been to all of them except Indiana while driving through- but not on game days).

New world order: Maryland, Oregon, USC, UCLA, UW. Plan to go to Seattle next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT