ADVERTISEMENT

Tournament Challenge %

gogolion

Aug 28, 2013
I was lucky enough to win one of my brackets (thanks to being the only person to pick Virginia), which happened to be hosted on ESPN.com's Tournament Challenge. In the standings my percentage is listed as 96%. Does anyone have a clue how they calculate that? Because by my count I got 37 of my 63 picks correct, which is only 59%.

Pretty sure it is not done by "picks" but rather points for each team of yours advancing.You picked the champion, thats worth a lot. I think the 96% refers to the fact that your bracket was better than all but 4% of the bracket population. Others might have had more correct picks, but their teams did not ultimately go as far ie less value is assigned for their correct picks.

Okay, so it's a percentile ranking of my bracket compared to all brackets. Got it. Thanks.

Meanwhile, simply picking the entire tournament by the highest seeds would have produced a bracket with 40-42 correct (depending on where one would have Virginia dropping out once reaching the Final Four).
Which would have, obviously :) - been better than at least 96%+ of the submitted brackets.

:)
I always enter a second bracket (or 3rd) that is 'chalk' I have never won the whole thing that way but placed where I won at least a little bit of cash.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT