ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Tracking the 2022-23 Penn State Hoops players +/- from every game

If kebba could just catch passes from Pickett in the paint he would be so much better. He’d get an extra bucket or two a game and pickett would have an extra assist or two a game. I think it would do a ton for his confidence as well as his teammates confidence in him.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
2 things stand out in these stats.

1) Freshmen Mahaffey and Clary are both +18 in Big 10 play. Mahaffey is good in non-Big 10 play as well, but Clary seems to have stepped it up during the season as the competition got better because he wasn't a positive in non-conference game minutes. I think that shows that these 2 are very solid building blocks for the future.

2) Freshman Njie is the worst on the team in Big 10 play. The stats seem to say he wasn't bad in non-conference. This tells me he isn't physically ready yet. Lesser competition and he was Ok but Big 10 big men must be too much at this stage.

Yeah, once the big bodies in the Big Ten came to play Njie was out of his league. As I mentioned before, if he could just catch the ball regularly he would be much better.

I do think that the four freshmen will all be significant guys next year, as even Brown has showed the ability to shoot the ball from the perimeter. Lilley should be able to give them minutes off the bench with another year of work. The key will be finding two more shooters on the perimeter to take the place of Funk and Lund unless coach’s son and Imes are able to step in right away. If they can, then I would think that a decent big would be the first transfer portal priority as a booth is more of a pick and pop five not one to bang inside.

Reactions: Online Persona
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT