ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2023 Transfer Portal news

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think next year at nationals we should dress you up like a Coe College administrator, get you a stand in the arena walkway with large paper bags marked with black and yellow letters N - I - L, a name tag reading Lee Larry and a sign on the stand reading parents of AAs not feeling loved, take a bag let's talk.
For the right amount of bourbon (and right label), this could happen.

Reactions: nitlion6
Eagle Rare👍
Meh. For some strange reason it has skyrocketed much more than most lately. It’s a $30 bottle that is suddenly $100. Way too smooth, not enough anything for me really.
Then again, I prefer the high octane stuff. Barrel proof please.

Reactions: 82bordeaux
Oh, I daydreamed about a gag at the midway break of our dual with them. Have 2 wrestlers with knee wraps or something getting chased by the Larry Lee lookalike/dressalike with comically large yellow and black bags emblazoned with dollar signs.

You know Lar would be steamin’ in the stands.

The funniest part of all this is Larry being referred to as Lar, lol 😆

Maybe UNI doesn't offer his major in grad school? Who knows why.
first thing i thought too, though the timing doesn't make much sense. a little late to be switching for school purposes. surprising because uni seemed really good for him. got a lot better in his time there. maybe cael should give him a call? lol

Reactions: mcpat and hlstone
I said my opinion may be a little biased. However, I watched BK wrestle a few times this year and I was pretty sure by January that he had a good chance to AA. He had really improved in a lot of areas, and his finishes on takedowns were really clean. His only losses during the year were to guys who placed ahead of him at the NCAA tournament. It would have been a really good match, but if Robbie had wrestled this year and went up against BK, I would have put my money on BK.
so if teams get 9.9 schollys per yr why arent the giving all wrestlers full schollys hells that almost 40 for 4 yrs??who cant live with that? plus they usually only have about 35 wrestlers per team!

so if teams get 9.9 schollys per yr why arent the giving all wrestlers full schollys hells that almost 40 for 4 yrs??who cant live with that? plus they usually only have about 35 wrestlers per team!
when-ive-explained-348d6957bc.jpg

You know the per year scholarship number of 9.9 is only a one year scholarship, right? We don’t get 9.9 four year scholarships each year.

edit, maybe I am the idiot for either assuming he is being serious or for trying to explain…..

Maybe UNI doesn't offer his major in grad school? Who knows why.
It could just be a grad school thing. IIRC, even if you dont plan on wrestling at the grad school, but still have eligibility, you 'have' to enter the portal.
Didnt this just happen with a coach? Guy graduated and was taking a coaching job at a different school, but had a year of eligibility left... so he had to enter the portal, to be able to talk to the other school about taking a coaching position. ?? Am I remembering correctly ?

It could just be a grad school thing. IIRC, even if you dont plan on wrestling at the grad school, but still have eligibility, you 'have' to enter the portal.
Didnt this just happen with a coach? Guy graduated and was taking a coaching job at a different school, but had a year of eligibility left... so he had to enter the portal, to be able to talk to the other school about taking a coaching position. ?? Am I remembering correctly ?
Dellavecchia, IIRC.

Did Dellavecchia enter the portal? I thought he just declared he was done with wrestling. I know we kicked the tires after that and he considered it.

You know the per year scholarship number of 9.9 is only a one year scholarship, right? We don’t get 9.9 four year scholarships each year.

edit, maybe I am the idiot for either assuming he is being serious or for trying to explain…..
lol look someone said they get 9.9 per yr thats all I am asking so 9.9 times 4??? 9.9 per yr??now you got me very confused!

lol look someone said they get 9.9 per yr thats all I am asking so 9.9 times 4??? 9.9 per yr??now you got me very confused!
Math is not your strong suit!

They get 9.9 per year. Each year starts over. So for example, if RBY got a full ride, he'd take one, for EACH year he is on the team. So the coaches have to figure out how to split the 9.9 amongst all wrestlers that get money, every year. How much each gets is likely a combination of
1. How much of the pool is available/how much is committed to other wrestlers,
2. How much other scholarship $ they can get through need based/merit, grants, etc
3. How talented they are and what it took for the coaching staff to secure his commitment.
3a. How much money their family has and how much they are willing to take on vs. the scholarship money.
4. And now, NIL money to at least some degree.

Clear enough?

Did I miss anything?

x5 with the Covid year. And then you add redshirts, grey shirts, medical shirts and Olympic shirts. Thank goodness they can give away the excess scholarship money (when scholarships exceed # of wrestlers on the team) in NIL money now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT