ADVERTISEMENT

Transferring tickets

NoVa Lion

May 29, 2001
Anyone having trouble with this? I can transfer my season tickets but I bought 6 extra tickets for the BJC duals and I cannot transfer those tickets either on the PSU website or with the App. Extremely frustrating. I will call the PSU ticket office on Monday but based on past experiences that won't help at all.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Anyone having trouble with this? I can transfer my season tickets but I bought 6 extra tickets for the BJC duals and I cannot transfer those tickets either on the PSU website or with the App. Extremely frustrating. I will call the PSU ticket office on Monday but based on past experiences that won't help at all.
You MUST use the Ticketmaster app to transfer the extra BJC tickets. Your Ticketmaster login should be the same as your PSU Athletics login. I had the same issue and I called the PSU ticket office.

Reactions: Creek Side
You MUST use the Ticketmaster app to transfer the extra BJC tickets. Your Ticketmaster login should be the same as your PSU Athletics login. I had the same issue and I called the PSU ticket office.
Tried that, but it didn't work.

Tried that, but it didn't work.
It worked perfectly for me yesterday. I kept getting an error message using the PSU Sports app. I called 1-800-NITTANY and was told that since the extra tickets were purchased through Ticketmaster, they can ONLY be transferred through Ticketmaster. Only season tickets can be transferred from the PSU Sports app. FYI, I believe the ticket off is closed until Wednesday.

It worked perfectly for me yesterday. I kept getting an error message using the PSU Sports app. I called 1-800-NITTANY and was told that since the extra tickets were purchased through Ticketmaster, they can ONLY be transferred through Ticketmaster. Only season tickets can be transferred from the PSU Sports app. FYI, I believe the ticket off is closed until Wednesday.
A note….if you have tickets in multiple rows, you can only transfer tickets in the same row. I had 4 tickets in row A, and 4 in row B. I had to do two transfers, 1 transfer per row.

Yea, not even an option to transfer tickets from gopsusports.com but in Ticketmaster I get an error whenever I try to transfer tickets.

I called last week and they said they were having a software issue that they hope to have fixed early this week.

Reactions: PSU James
They have been doing updates to their system
Turns out once again the glitch is Penn State. You cannot transfer the tickets from the Penn State App, you have to go to Ticketmaster.com to transfer them because I bought the tickets thru Ticketmaster ( which is the only way I could buy them). Instead of telling you that when you try to transfer thru the App (which I thought was Ticketmaster) it just gives you and Error and says "Want to try again?" when they already knew the transfer could not be done that way. Mindblowing.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Turns out once again the glitch is Penn State. You cannot transfer the tickets from the Penn State App, you have to go to Ticketmaster.com to transfer them because I bought the tickets thru Ticketmaster ( which is the only way I could buy them). Instead of telling you that when you try to transfer thru the App (which I thought was Ticketmaster) it just gives you and Error and says "Want to try again?" when they already knew the transfer could not be done that way. Mindblowing.
Just another example of the amatuer hour show Penn State has been putting on with their online sports presence and now their move to mobile ticketing in particular. The GoPSU Sports web aplication is a mess (they use the same template as most BIG schools). The ticketing portal (to manage your season tx) is cumbersome and not very intuative. Which isn't too bad if you are not trying to transition a generation of paper tx boomers to the platform. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about mobile ticketing for all the right reasons. But I'm a retired IT Diirector and my son is a programmer so we both support the concept but both of us have struggled with the platform. Penn State just keeps putting additional hurdles in front of people who are challenged a bit already with just the concept. Not a bad idea-just terrible execution on their part.

Last edited:
Reactions: Str8DBLz and tikk10

I have been trying to transfer for a few weeks with no luck. After reading above I went to ticketmaster on my computer and was able to transfer them to @johnstownsteel . No reason it should have been this hard!
So Paul, it only took three days for that to sink in? You're doing much better!

So Paul, it only took three days for that to sink in? You're doing much better!
LOL, well I called last week and they said they were working on it and hoped to have it fixed by the middle of this week. Plus, maybe I didn't read the post you linked, it isn't like I live on this board and check it 2,387 times a day.... wait, actually I think I check it more often.

I guess I had faith they didn't lie to me last week, I should have been more cynical!

Liars They Lie GIF by Judge Judy

Also, I was able to transfer Michigan and Iowa tickets a month or so ago, without issue, and they were not season tickets, so even the person that PSULionFan spoke to lied....

• Haha
Reactions: 82bordeaux
Now it appears that the "offer" side of the equation for @NoVa Lion has worked, as he has received an email stating that all that needs to happen now is for me to accept the tickets.

Problem is on the "acceptance" side, as I haven't received an email telling to accept. The tix aren't in my Ticketmaster account, nor in my PSU App, so I have no way to accept them.

Now it appears that the "offer" side of the equation for @NoVa Lion has worked, as he has received an email stating that all that needs to happen now is for me to accept the tickets.

Problem is on the "acceptance" side, as I haven't received an email telling to accept. The tix aren't in my Ticketmaster account, nor in my PSU App, so I have no way to accept them.
No worries. I got them! Thank you.

FWIW, I just transferred two Iowa match tickets from the Ticketmaster app and had zero problems. Tickets were immediately claimed by another member of our party with no issues whatsoever.

Reactions: creamery freak
FWIW, I just transferred two Iowa match tickets from the Ticketmaster app and had zero problems. Tickets were immediately claimed by another member of our party with no issues whatsoever.
Yeah, not sure what they changed but I had no problems transferring tickets a few days ago. Can't wait for the UM dual this Friday, although I am not looking forward to the traffic mess with an Ice Hockey going on at the same time. FYI, anyone that shows up without prepaid parking to the UM dual will be directed to the Nittany Lion Inn Parking Deck on the far side of campus from the BJC.

Reactions: mcpat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT