ADVERTISEMENT

Trautwein and the OL....

Yurcich has very little history of using the TEs on a regular, consistent basis. We've had games where they were used prominently and then stretches where they see 1 target.

My confusion goes back to this: we have 2 potential TE commits in our class right now (the one is likely destined for DL but we'll see). Both a receiver types, not big thick blocking types.

Why? Where is the disconnect?
if you go back and look at texas' offense under yurcich and compare to ours, there is a significant difference. I don't know if we use yurcich playbook or franklins, but one thing is certain, we have been ineffective offensively - if you take out the morehead years - since franklin took over...no matter the oline coach or offensive coordinator.

Linebackers are small. Despite pj, most dt positions are small, de positions are small.
Yep, they are. Even WR's aren't exactly a physical group...program needs an identity change. Not as if they have one to begin with.

Linebackers are small. Despite pj, most dt positions are small, de positions are small.
Among the younger linebackers, true Fr Carter is 6'3" 233# and R-Fr. Kobe King is listed at 6'1" 247#; some additional weight and strength for Carter can help him be a star IMO.

Class of 2023 commits include Ta'Mere Robinson at 6'3" 220# and Tony Rojas at 6'3" 205# -- both would seem to have the frame for additional weight

Has it really improved? Or is it just because they have a better rb running the ball? Scruggs and Wallace have been at it for three yrs and appear avg at best. Oli is a good one but he’ll be gone after a yr. Jury is still out on Wormley and Tengwall. Ivy transfers haven’t helped. Still am not impressed with offensive system and haven’t been for awhile. It’s slow and much too predictable.
Ivy transfers do help. How? It helps to elevate the team GPA and then we can say Franklin pushes the guys to excel in the classroom.

• Wow
Reactions: KCLion
Among the younger linebackers, true Fr Carter is 6'3" 233# and R-Fr. Kobe King is listed at 6'1" 247#; some additional weight and strength for Carter can help him be a star IMO.

Class of 2023 commits include Ta'Mere Robinson at 6'3" 220# and Tony Rojas at 6'3" 205# -- both would seem to have the frame for additional weight
Tamere is projected to be a pass rusher instead of a LB..I believe that is the consensus, unfortunately.

Tamere is projected to be a pass rusher instead of a LB..I believe that is the consensus, unfortunately.
Some recruiting services list Robinson as an "edge" player, but I seem to remember some comment by Diaz or another source to the effect that the two committed LB's were the staff's two top targets. So until Franklin puts his name on the board at signing day and likely comments on where he will play at PSU I'm in the camp that believes Robinson will begin his PSU career at LB.

Reactions: scrivener
Some recruiting services list Robinson as an "edge" player, but I seem to remember some comment by Diaz or another source to the effect that the two committed LB's were the staff's two top targets. So until Franklin puts his name on the board at signing day and likely comments on where he will play at PSU I'm in the camp that believes Robinson will begin his PSU career at LB.
Let's hope so....the LB corps needs a MAJOR influx of talent and size. Having Rojas and Robinson strictly at LB and playing them early would be great. Both big time recruits at a position JF hasn't exactly crushed in recent years.

Physically, we just don't look the part at certain positions compared to our peers. I don't know if it's the strength program or the vision that the staff has for it. But, we just don't look imposing....and for sure don't play like it.
Bring back the fullback

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT