ADVERTISEMENT

Football Trio of depth receivers have 'stepped up' this fall for Penn State

Last edited:
Reactions: GregInPitt
"the others" beside Wallace III, Fleming, Clifford, and Saunders they hope to be ready as depth by game four or five? That is concerning.
Evans wasn't mentioned and he should also be in the top rotation.

I didn't take it that way regarding the "others". I thought that it was that Ivey, Johnson, and Flowers have made noticeable progress and are in the conversation for roles, and that there are true freshmen at most positions that will likely be pushing for green light status and will be ready to contribute by games 3,4,5. But if they do play will be determined by the depth at their particular positions, injuries, ....

Reactions: bdroc
"the others" beside Wallace III, Fleming, Clifford, and Saunders they hope to be ready as depth by game four or five? That is concerning.

I think what it boils down to is to insert a player, you have to be comparable to the player you sit (injuries not included). You gotta know the playbook. You gotta be capable of doing the job competitively.

You don't just put Tyler Johnson in the game vs WVU when you have 5-6 others who are appreciably stronger options. And that is what I think the comment was about.

You have Bowling Green in week 2. THAT is where you try out Ivey and Flowers and Johnson.

I am interested to see where they play Denmark.

I think what it boils down to is to insert a player, you have to be comparable to the player you sit (injuries not included). You gotta know the playbook. You gotta be capable of doing the job competitively.

You don't just put Tyler Johnson in the game vs WVU when you have 5-6 others who are appreciably stronger options. And that is what I think the comment was about.

You have Bowling Green in week 2. THAT is where you try out Ivey and Flowers and Johnson.

I am interested to see where they play Denmark.
I hope they play Denmark at home, but Copenhagen is also lovely in the early fall.

• Haha
Reactions: lazydave841
Evans wasn't mentioned and he should also be in the top rotation.

I didn't take it that way regarding the "others". I thought that it was that Ivey, Johnson, and Flowers have made noticeable progress and are in the conversation for roles, and that there are true freshmen at most positions that will likely be pushing for green light status and will be ready to contribute by games 3,4,5. But if they do play will be determined by the depth at their particular positions, injuries, ....
No mention of Evans is interesting. I hope he simply forgot because we need someone with his speed to stretch the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT