ADVERTISEMENT

Trojan Wars

Rocco Welsh hasn't ever lived in Waynesburg school district.
The Simon kid only lives up here in Pa during the school year is what I was told. He lives in Louisiana the rest of the time. He was part of the Henson transplants. Then there was an Arizona state Champion who wrestled there the last few years. Not sure the name

I don’t remember any Super Teams like Faith academy in the last 20 years coming together that quick. Maybe Northampton and Easton in the 90’s or Franklin, Becca or Canon mac in the 2000’s. I still think Faith is going to be better.
Both Bethlehem Catholic and Notre Dame (GP) came together super quickly.

With Becahi - here are their state tournament placements.
1999: No qualifiers
2000: No qualifiers
2001: No qualifiers
2002: No qualifiers
2003: No qualifiers
2004: 76th
2005: 96th
2006: 93rd
2007: 17th (finalist)
2008: 13th (champ)
2009: 52nd
2010: 12th (Two finalists)
2011: 3rd
2012: 1st (Three champs/Finalist)
2013: 1st
2014: 1st (Three Champs/Finalist)

In '07 and '08, they had Ziad Haddad, a football player who also was obviously a great heavyweight, who accounted for all of their state tournament points. Jeff Karam gets hired for the 2009 season. He brings in Randy Cruz, which is the first of the Weaver Elite club kids which then became the Bethlehem Catholic team. They all filter in the two classes behind Cruz, and they win state duals two years later and they're off. But they went from total nonfactor to one of the best teams in the country basically from 2009 to 2011.

Notre Dame is even more stark.
2000: 52nd
2001: No qualifiers
2002: No qualifiers
2003: 10th (finalist)
2004: No qualifiers
2005: No qualifiers
2006: No qualifiers
2007: No qualifiers
2008: 91st
2009: No qualifiers
2010: 90th
2011: 82nd
2012: No qualifiers
2013: 73rd
2014: No qualifiers
2015: 115th
2016: 63rd
2017: 37th
2018: 23rd
2019: 3rd (Two champs)
2020: 1st (Two champs)
2021: 1st (Champ/Finalist)
2022: 1st (Two Champs)

Their finalist in 2003 was the third in school history, and he immediately transferred to Northampton for his senior season. Matt Veres got hired in 2019, Andrew Cerniglia transferred in and won a state title, Ryan Crookham followed Veres in, as did Brandan Chletsos and Derek Berlitz who were PJW high medalists and state qualifers as freshman, and they went from pretty irrelevant to 3rd in the state overnight.

Those are the two that felt immediate. Northampton was a ten year build, from hiring Don Rohn in '82 to being the top team in the country and winning three straight state titles in the early '90s. Started with no qualfiers, had a couple years in the 10th-30th range, a couple years in the top ten, then three straight titles. They got a lot of transfers after they started really winning, but there was pretty impressive program building there. Easton is a different animal - they've been good pretty much forever. Every coach they've ever had is in the state Hall of Fame. For a long time, their floor was really good, and their ceiling was one of the best in America, depending on the ebbs and flows of their feeder programs - they had super teams in the 1990s and early 2000s, but also in the early 1980s, the mid 1970s, the late 1960s, etc. Not a lot of coming together quickly.

Bald Eagle did the same under Dick Rhoades. They were a AA team that wrestled up for years and finished 1999 as the #1 ranked team in the country and they were all home grown. Absolutely amazing accomplishment by that team.
Does Millard count? I feel like there was a lot of smoke around him at the time. He transferred after that year.

Does Millard count? I feel like there was a lot of smoke around him at the time. He transferred after that year.
Considering he had been there since b4 his freshman year, and his father (a D-3 national champ) is a preacher who had been transfered and the father did a vetting of the Centre County school districts b4 moving his family into the BEA district I would conclude there wasn't much recruiting.

The father did want to help as a volunteer coach, and initially Coach Rhodes wasn't very open to the idea. The father did mention he thought Caslow would be open to the help. That seemed to settle the issue.

Millard graduated from BEA in 1997 so the only place he transferred to was Lock Haven University. Why would you just make something up that isn't true?

Taking a look at Trojan war results while stuck at work. M2 dominated this one as well. Warrior run is very tough. I enjoy seeing public schools doing great. The Milheim’s are off to great starts. Their dad has been saying it was their time. He isn’t joking.

South Carroll won the event with only 10 wrestlers. BEA had a strong showing. Burgettstown really under performed with all the hype they were getting. Then they hire Sonny Abe. I can only imagine what their workouts will look like this week. PittBull style will be coming back.

Detar of trinity wins a tough bracket. He transferred from Cumberland valley this year. He beat a tough Max Tancini in the round of 16 and Will Yordy from Gettysburg. Detar is going to have a strong Fresh season. Is Trinity aa or aaa

Bainey gets to the finals and beats a tough Major Lewis in the semis. The Dolan kid from WV beats him in the finals. Dolan has also spent some time in the M2 room. Bainey is off to an impressive start.

M2’s Lucas Frye cruised to a title. I like this kid alot and he is often over looked. The kid just wins. He beat a tough Jackson rush in the finals.

Older Bainey pinned everyone into the finals. Then gets beat 3-1 but still an impressive week. Ulrich is another m2 guy who did well.

Reagan Milheim is going to be the best brother. He made the finals as a fresh. Lost to Owen from Md. Milheim beat the Corbin kid from vA in the semis.

Kaden Milheim makes the semis and loses to Jordon. He battled back for third.

Cameron Milheim has also into the semis and lost. He also battled back. Those d4 kids are tough.

M2’s dom Frontino gets it done. He knocked off top seed Rodrigues from Md.
Caleb Close wins a title for BEA. He won some wars along the way. Wrestling Quentin Wright definitely helps him

Ok
Do you get paid per M2 mention? Yeah, we get it. Your kid goes to M2, and thats great.

Millard graduated from BEA in 1997 so the only place he transferred to was Lock Haven University. Why would you just make something up that isn't true?

Raw Daddy is referring to Justin. NoVa is referring to Josh.

Reactions: Raw Daddy and Ski
As Sullivan pointed out, 2 brothers, different years. Millard the younger was a AAA PIAA runner-up for BEA his junior year (the year BEA won the team title) and was a PIAA AA state champ for Wyomissing the next year.

Reactions: Raw Daddy
Get your facts right before you throw stones in glass houses my man. I wasn’t throwing any shade.

Yes in fact I do. I get $.80 per mention.
If that were true.....
Make It Rain Money GIF by COIN

• Haha
Reactions: BrockBronson
ADVERTISEMENT