ADVERTISEMENT

Troy Huhn update

africamurphy

Apr 1, 2019
Our 2026 4* QB lives about 30 miles north of me in San Diego...and my son and I went up to watch him play tonight.

The opponent was overmatched...42-0.

Huhn's accuracy and ball is incredible. He really only missed one pass all night. About a 45 yard bomb into the end zone where the receiver just couldn't quite catch up to it. Missed him by inches. The ball just went off of his sprinting fingertips. There was another incompletion that should have been a PI and another one was just dropped. I'd say he was about 17-20 for 280 on the night...3 TDs.

The most impressive throws...a 15 yard sideline fade that the receiver went up and got. Perfect amount of air. And the other, he rolled out to his right and flicked a 40 yard bomb in stride to his WR for a TD.

He doesn't have a lot of mobility...just seems a bit stiff. But his height and arm are stellar. I doubt Allar looked much more mobile than him in his junior year of HS. He looks like a Dan Marino or Jim Kelly of yesteryear...but I don't know if the NFL really features players like him today.

(Also of note, he lost last week against another top-4 San Diego team...the defending CIF champ, Granite Hills. Had a chance to close the lead in the final minutes but threw an end zone pick and that sealed the 28-17 loss. Nevertheless, his team is easily a top 8 county team.)

I'll post more updates throughout the season if I hear or see more...

I hope his commitment to PSU sticks. I'd love to get our SoCal pipeline stronger, especially with USC and UCLA in the league. And he could be the next QB1 at PSU after Grunkmeyer....

Thank you for sharing. FWIW Zollers and Spring Ford got rolled by Easton 49-7.

Like in your situation- the team does have a lot to do with it- but Spring Ford is a traditional power so the shellacking is surprising.

Sometimes we forget they are 17/18.Still so much growing to do- both mentally and physically

Last edited:
Reactions: lazydave841
Our 2026 4* QB lives about 30 miles north of me in San Diego...and my son and I went up to watch him play tonight.

Huhn's accuracy and ball is incredible. He really only missed one pass all night. About a 45 yard bomb into the end zone where the receiver just couldn't quite catch up to it. Missed him by inches. The ball just went off of his sprinting fingertips. There was another incompletion that should have been a PI and another one was just dropped. I'd say he was about 17-20 for 280 on the night...3 TDs.

The most impressive throws...a 15 yard sideline fade that the receiver went up and got. Perfect amount of air. And the other, he rolled out to his right and flicked a 40 yard bomb in stride to his WR for a TD.

He doesn't have a lot of mobility...just seems a bit stiff. But his height and arm are stellar. I doubt Allar looked much more mobile than him in his junior year of HS. He looks like a Dan Marino or Jim Kelly of yesteryear...but I don't know if the NFL really features players like him today.

(Also of note, he lost last week against another top-4 San Diego team...the defending CIF champ, Granite Hills. Had a chance to close the lead in the final minutes but threw an end zone pick and that sealed the 28-17 loss. Nevertheless, his team is easily a top 8 county team.)

I hope his commitment to PSU sticks. I'd love to get our SoCal pipeline stronger, especially with USC and UCLA in the league. And he could be the next QB1 at PSU after Grunkmeyer....
Nice write up. Thanks.

Why did he pick Penn State so early ? Family connections? Tradition?

Just hoping there is a reason for a solid commitment.

Awesome share and thank you.

Nice write up. Thanks.

Why did he pick Penn State so early ? Family connections? Tradition?

Just hoping there is a reason for a solid commitment.
This might be a situation in which a lot of cash may have to dedicated to him for him to keep his commitment.

When he visited Mich, they told him they already had there QB for the 2025 Class who was rated higher than Huhn, which doesn't mean much. But, could have been a numbers game, so he decided to lock up his spot with PSU. Just a thought.

Reactions: The Spin Meister

Like in your situation- the team does have a lot to do with it- but Spring Ford is a traditional power so the shellacking is surprising.

Sometimes we forget they are 17/18.Still so much growing to do- both mentally and physically
And Easton has been terrible lately. Maybe beloved Nittany Lion Matt Senneca can bring them back to life.

Reactions: Parkland Fan

Good! That is a school district that exudes arrogance

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT