ADVERTISEMENT

Trustee Barry Fenchak

Agoodnap

Sep 27, 2015
Barry has filed a lawsuit to force the Board to supply financial information that is necessary to perform his fiduciary duties and needs our help. Read here for the latest update. Regardless of what you think of him the guy is actually fighting for our University. Please read and get involved.

Mods, this is important. We will have some infighting in this thread but please ignore this one. PM me to discuss. Richie O, this is why I asked you to contact me a few days ago.

Barry has filed a lawsuit to force the Board to supply financial information that is necessary to perform his fiduciary duties and needs our help. Read here for the latest update. Regardless of what you think of him the guy is actually fighting for our University. Please read and get involved.

Mods, this is important. We will have some infighting in this thread but please ignore this one. PM me to discuss. Richie O, this is why I asked you to contact me a few days ago.

Probably would have gone better of you didn't ask for the infighting lol

Agreed, Barry can be an asshole, but the fact that the board will not release information to him as a trustee is ridiculous. He’s about the only trustee that I trust right now.

This is a Penn State Football message board. I hope the board moderators intervene and move this to another thread for all other topics.

This guy Barry sounds like a real turncoat and is definitely not a team player for any type of organization. If he doesn’t like the current state of his role he should move on with his life’s work instead of constantly whining.

Let’s focus on important matters like Penn State Football instead of Board of Trustee disputes and political infighting.

Far more important than mere football.

The BoT has been a pile of self centered elitists for decades. Major reforms are needed.

This is a Penn State Football message board. I hope the board moderators intervene and move this to another thread for all other topics.

This guy Barry sounds like a real turncoat and is definitely not a team player for any type of organization. If he doesn’t like the current state of his role he should move on with his life’s work instead of constantly whining.

Let’s focus on important matters like Penn State Football instead of Board of Trustee disputes and political infighting.
No. It is hard to express how much no. If the Board ofTrustees is allowed to run in a clandestine, corrupt manner they will eventually kill all things Penn State. The nearly killed the university once. They should never be allowed unchecked power again.

Football is more important than university leadership? That is an interesting perspective.

Spoken like a true BoT shill

Much more transparency is needed at Dear Old State. Lots of money in a smallish community is ripe for favortism in the awarding of contracts. Scratch my back, I will scratch your back.

PSU needs much more transparency on where the money is going because the in state and out of state tuition that the school is asking for is insane all the while that PSU is falling on academic lists.

Look at schools that have historically been the so called "safe schools" on applications - GA, Clemson, Florida are now hard to get into. Pitt has by passed PSU in most of the rating services in Medical Technology, Engineering, Business.........

So PSU tuition is going up.....but the level of academic teaching is staying stagnant or perhaps even going backwards. You need a Barry or two to get control of the back room dealings that have been going on in State College for a long time.

Far more important than mere football.

The BoT has been a pile of self centered elitists for decades. Major reforms are needed.
The best cure can't be enacted because it would require Karens not being permitted to vote. Before voting everyone should be required to pass a commonsense exam.

Reactions: step.eng69
No. It is hard to express how much no. If the Board of Trustees is allowed to run in a clandestine, corrupt manner they will eventually kill all things Penn State. The nearly killed the university once. They should never be allowed unchecked power again.
In fact, one of the things they nearly killed was the cherished football team.

Last edited:

Yes, by all means. Football is much more important than the integrity of the people running the university.

The best cure can't be enacted because it would require Karens not being permitted to vote. Before voting everyone should be required to pass a commonsense exam.
#1….change how BoT members are selected. Stop the Labor and Industry Committee from selecting its own members.

Maybe require Pa Senate approval since they get so much state funding. Some selected by the deans of each college.

Changes in the board itself are critical,

I empathize with Barry but going up against an entity with an $8B operating budget is silly. The university will tie him up in the courts until he runs out of money and is forced to give up.

Last edited:
I empathize with Barry but going up against an entity with an $8B operating budget is silly. The university will tie him up in the courts until he runs out of money.
Well, that's why he has a gofundme. He needs to increase the goal, but it's a start. The interesting part is that if he is correct and what they are doing is actually illegal and the judge rules accordingly, (to this engineer it appears to be) the Attorney General will get involved. Good times.

Well, that's why he has a gofundme. He needs to increase the goal, but it's a start. The interesting part is that if he is correct and what they are doing is actually illegal and the judge rules accordingly, (to this engineer it appears to be) the Attorney General will get involved. Good times.

If Attorney Mutchler thinks the case has merit, then as a PSU alum maybe she should consider taking the case pro bono.

If you haven't watched a board meeting you should. Barry while God meaning is an impediment to getting things done with his off topic questioning of things and his misunderstanding of parliamentary proceedings while trying to cite the same. I know his heart is in the right place but he is often wrong.

• Wow
Reactions: Cambria Lion
If you haven't watched a board meeting you should. Barry while God meaning is an impediment to getting things done with his off topic questioning of things and his misunderstanding of parliamentary proceedings while trying to cite the same. I know his heart is in the right place but he is often wrong.
All this while blindly vote "yes" for every proposal put in front of them without a single question. Agreeing to spend Billions of dollars without having seen a single detail. Yes, that's a great way to get things done. If only we had about 15 more Barry's we wouldn't be $200 Million in the Red this year. Think about that for a moment, the University is $200 Million in the Red while having the highest Public University cost in the country all while the percentage of out-of-state students is just under 50%. The board is broken and exactly one person has been attempting to right the ship.

As of the last public meeting the Alum's will not choose who gets to run for the board, but instead get to choose who the board will consider allowing to be on the board. Oh, and they haven't made the requirements public.

Last edited:

Jeebus blair,
Your post is written like a fourth grader wrote lt.
Not sure where your post falls .........

Cipolla's five laws of human stupidity are:
  • Law 1: People always underestimate the number of stupid people in the world
  • Law 2: The probability of a person being stupid is independent of any other characteristic of that person
  • Law 3: A stupid person causes losses to others while not benefiting themselves and possibly incurring losses
  • Law 4: Non-stupid people underestimate the destructive power of stupid people
  • Law 5: A stupid person is the most dangerous type of person

Brilliant. Resorting to name calling and personal attacks whenever someone has a different view is just fabulous. Very sad. If Barry has minions like you pushing his case, he has already lost the battle.

I am always happy to engage in respectful dialogues. However, for those posters who are narrow minded and ignorant, I wish them well and hope they get some help.

• Haha
Reactions: Phil's Rug
Jeebus blair,
Your post is written like a fourth grader wrote lt.
Not sure where your post falls .........

Cipolla's five laws of human stupidity are:
  • Law 1: People always underestimate the number of stupid people in the world
  • Law 2: The probability of a person being stupid is independent of any other characteristic of that person
  • Law 3: A stupid person causes losses to others while not benefiting themselves and possibly incurring losses
  • Law 4: Non-stupid people underestimate the destructive power of stupid people
  • Law 5: A stupid person is the most dangerous type of person
And (approximately) 50% of people are below average.

• Haha
And (approximately) 50% of people are below average.
taste-the-soup-coming-to-america.gif

Brilliant. Resorting to name calling and personal attacks whenever someone has a different view is just fabulous. Very sad. If Barry has minions like you pushing his case, he has already lost the battle.

I am always happy to engage in respectful dialogues. However, for those posters who are narrow minded and ignorant, I wish them well and hope they get some help.
Do you believe that the board have been good stewards of our money over the past two decades?

Do you believe that the board have acted as true fiduciaries over the past two decades?

Do you believe that the processes by which the board operates are fair and transparent?

The Trustees should learn that if they just annointed JoePa as messiah, and put that statue back up, they could operate with carte blanche, and no one would pretend to care about what else they're doing. The dummies.

Do you believe that the board have been good stewards of our money over the past two decades?

Do you believe that the board have acted as true fiduciaries over the past two decades?

Do you believe that the processes by which the board operates are fair and transparent?
Hay Ziggy,
Have to believe even 21Guns, where ever his soul rests, would agree with you on these issues.

How are you Zig, family OK, good to see you are alive & hopefully well.
Step

Reactions: bison13

I don’t believe saying your post looks as though written by a fourth grader is calling you an adverse name, although there are 4th graders that are very intelligent.

Also,

Citing “ Cipolla's five laws of human stupidity” are for general information.

Hay Ziggy,
Have to believe even 21Guns, where ever his soul rests, would agree with you on these issues.

How are you Zig, family OK, good to see you are alive & hopefully well.
Step
My MAN Step Eng 69 (or should I say 96 since the price of "eating" is going up everywhere ;)). I'm doing well and the family is A-OK! I hope you are doing well. How are your grandchildren doing (especially the one in your sig pic)?

I can answer 'no' to all of these questions and still believe that Barry is a cancer that should be removed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT