ADVERTISEMENT

Football Tuesday Practice Report: Rappleyea Update, Injury Report + Post Practice Presser

Either Cross or Shlaffler have to step up or Reynolds red shirt gets burned.

I think Reynolds' RS was going to get burned once Rappleyea missed BG. Even if he wasn't greenlit during WVU week, the fact he played (likely due to Dinkins being out that week) speaks volumes.

@Dylan Callaghan-Croley did anyone ask if Reynolds was greenlit now yet? It seems like a no brainer at this point.

This is why you recruited Reynolds. It's time for him to step up and be that dude. 5 stars and for a reason.

Reactions: bison13
sad for Rapp...he's going to be a good one. Dinkins is back though.

Reactions: bison13
Why is everyone obsessed with redshirts, especially Reynolds? Elite programs don’t put blue chip kids on the bench…maybe with the exception of OL or DL

He played tons of snaps on Saturday and played well. One iffy holding call. He’s ready for D1 football, especially with Rapp out for most of the year.

No KJ Winston or Ta'Mere Robinson today at Penn State's practice. Wouldn't be surprised if he don't see either until the Illinois game.

What makes you think that? He shrouds the program in secrecy. Last year we thought for sure we would see Tre Wallace "by the Ohio State game", and the guy had a separated shoulder and was basically out for the season.

There are actually more cases of guys who are done for the year than those who return. We will see but I am not holding my breath when this coach hides season ending injuries contrary to his claims

Last edited:
What makes you think that? He shrouds the program in secrecy. Last year we thought for sure we would see Tee Wallace "by the Ohio State game", and the guy had a separated shoulder and was basically out for the season.

There are actually more cases of guys who are done for the year than those who return. We will see but I am not holding my breath when this coach hides season ending injuries contrary to his claims
Yeah, the NFL reports injuries, and now the SEC will be doing the same.

The model of injury reports will be similar to how the NFL goes about it. First, schools will be required to submit injury reports with designations of either available, probable, doubtful, and questionable for each player. Reports will then be required on game day, with the designations for each player being either available, game-time decision, or listed as out.

Is there any reason the B1G should not be doing this?

Reactions: MacNit2.0
I think Reynolds' RS was going to get burned once Rappleyea missed BG. Even if he wasn't greenlit during WVU week, the fact he played (likely due to Dinkins being out that week) speaks volumes.

@Dylan Callaghan-Croley did anyone ask if Reynolds was greenlit now yet? It seems like a no brainer at this point.
Don't believe anybody did actually. But agreed that it seems pretty likely at this point.

Reactions: lazydave841
What makes you think that? He shrouds the program in secrecy. Last year we thought for sure we would see Tee Wallace "by the Ohio State game", and the guy had a separated shoulder and was basically out for the season.

When did the coach make contrary claims? Did he tell you injured players were playing or did you assume?

The Big 10 started this last year.
The Big 10 doesn't list injuries to this extent. The SEC model (and NFL model) will require injury reports days before the game. The Big 10 only lists a participation report a couple hours before the game. Gambling will drive this one, the Big 10 will be coerced into doing it eventually. Bettors understandably are going to want this information and CFB is in bed with the betting companies now with tons of sponsorships and money being thrown around.

The Big 10 doesn't list injuries to this extent. The SEC model (and NFL model) will require injury reports days before the game. The Big 10 only lists a participation report a couple hours before the game. Gambling will drive this one, the Big 10 will be coerced into doing it eventually. Bettors understandably are going to want this information and CFB is in bed with the betting companies now with tons of sponsorships and money being thrown around.

Looks like the SEC is going to start theirs 3 days out. I don't think it's going to be body part specific like the NFL is it?

Agreed it is gambling driven.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT