Typical liberal

Ski

May 29, 2001
Being a supervisor, I had a rule to never talk about politics at work. I deal with enough work-related issues, so I don't need to introduce non-work-related issues into the environment. I guess I did a respectable job, as a former coworker of mine just texted me the following, "I didn't know Walker was running as a Democrat in Georgia. Looking good for the blue so far!"

So, in addition to not knowing I was a Conservative, he also doesn't know what party a relatively well-known, celebrity candidate is a member of. He also doesn't realize that some Democrat vote totals are inflated at this point in states where they allow the counting of mail in votes early and that those leads will evaporate when they start counting the votes from today in the ballot boxes. His vote counts the same as yours and mine. God help us.

Online Persona

Feb 2, 2022
Being a supervisor, I had a rule to never talk about politics at work. I deal with enough work-related issues, so I don't need to introduce non-work-related issues into the environment. I guess I did a respectable job, as a former coworker of mine just texted me the following, "I didn't know Walker was running as a Democrat in Georgia. Looking good for the blue so far!"

So, in addition to not knowing I was a Conservative, he also doesn't know what party a relatively well-known, celebrity candidate is a member of. He also doesn't realize that some Democrat vote totals are inflated at this point in states where they allow the counting of mail in votes early and that those leads will evaporate when they start counting the votes from today in the ballot boxes. His vote counts the same as yours and mine. God help us.
Perhaps we should take an IQ test every 5 years and our vote is worth the result divided by 100 for the next 5 years?

NCHawk55

Mar 15, 2022
The office is no place for politics. Absolutely nothing good comes from it.

Reactions: Ski

DJ Spanky

Jul 25, 2001
The office is no place for politics. Absolutely nothing good comes from it.

Completely agree. Given how divisive it has gotten in the past decade, nothing can make an office atmosphere more toxic than allowing people to promote their political opinions.

Reactions: NCHawk55 and Ski

NCHawk55

Mar 15, 2022
Completely agree. Given how divisive it has gotten in the past decade, nothing can make an office atmosphere more toxic than allowing people to promote their political opinions.
I had a manager as a young man that I agreed with to an extent politically- as soon as he found that out it was a downward spiral of him talking politics with me. Got old quick- and that’s about of as good of an outcome you get, it’s not a winner.