ADVERTISEMENT

UConn vs SD State

Don't think the Aztecs will be able to hang around the Huskies. Hope I'm wrong and it's a close game.
Sport Love GIF by Detroit Tigers

SDSU might be able to match up size wise and depth, but I 'm not sure they are as consistent in their perimeter shooting.
It is interesting that two tall teams are in the finals. SDSU with two guys 6-10 and UConn's 7-2 player stifled their opponents. UConn has dominated every team they've played. 72-59, 82-54, 88-65, 70-55, 87-63. they lost to Marquette in the big east tourney 70-68. They were 31-6.

has anyone ever been to SDSU? Its not like they need basketball. If they lose, they'll go "screw it, lets go surfing!". I never root for CA teams, they have too much going on and don't need sports like the snow-covered states. And why haven't they been forced to change their name/mascot?

Go Huskies!

InfoDome_MAIN.jpg
sdsu-1200x675.png

has anyone ever been to SDSU? [Nope] Its not like they need basketball. If they lose, they'll go "screw it, lets go surfing!". [lol] I never root for CA teams, they have too much going on and don't need sports like the snow-covered states. [good point] And why haven't they been forced to change their name/mascot? [good question, considering their otherwise already whack-a-doodle politics]

Reactions: bison13
Makes me laugh a bit that the team that wins tonight will end the season with the nations 2nd longest winning streak (Merrimack will have the longest heading into next season).

Other thing that I laugh at is the criticism that the Big Ten's style doesn't work in the NCAA tourney...both of these teams certainly look like they are playing Big Ten basketball when you watch them.

Reactions: OldiesAtTheGaff
It is interesting that two tall teams are in the finals. SDSU with two guys 6-10 and UConn's 7-2 player stifled their opponents. UConn has dominated every team they've played. 72-59, 82-54, 88-65, 70-55, 87-63. they lost to Marquette in the big east tourney 70-68. They were 31-6.

has anyone ever been to SDSU? Its not like they need basketball. If they lose, they'll go "screw it, lets go surfing!". I never root for CA teams, they have too much going on and don't need sports like the snow-covered states. And why haven't they been forced to change their name/mascot?

Go Huskies!

InfoDome_MAIN.jpg
sdsu-1200x675.png
They have so much going on in California, people are streaming out of there by the 100k’s

UConn up by 14 at the half. Stifling defense or poor shooting (Aztecs went 10-11 minutes without a basket) and balanced inside/outside play by the Huskies.

San Diego State just misses way too many layups and free throws and then goes on 8-10 min scoreless sessions way too often. You can’t play like that and win a national title.

I wonder if coach Rhoades has the desire and financial support to recruit internationally?
Who knows, RickinDayton. But, it would be neat if there is a player (or two) that exceeds expectations and makes it really enjoyable to get behind and watch PSU basketball in the upcoming seas🏀ns. Regardless, I will be a fan either way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT