ADVERTISEMENT

Ultimate Duals in state college

BrockBronson

May 20, 2021
Where are these located? Someone over the weekend said these will be better than the ones at spooky nook. Are these like the Brookville ultimate duals? Those are always tough
I am surprised these HS kids wrestle this much in the preseason. Back in the hay day, most wrestlers played football and the season started in November. This was the ancient days of 2-3 sport athletes

It is at the Nittany Valley Sports Center. I would say this will be tougher than Spooky Nook. USA wrestling has a part in it and in years past we got teams from all over.

As far as football players, they allow them to do Satellite weight in because of the games on Friday night. Biggest problem is that our 189,215 are all way over playing football.

Holy man this event looks tough. Might have to make the trip over to Happy Valley. Someone said Sebolt brought their team there last time.

this event will feature so many great wrestlers. Faith Academy has two full hs teams. They are loading up to take over AAA soon. If they keep building their teams could end up being up there with some of the best PIAA ever. Lehigh valley better start building because Faith is coming. We could see Becca State Champ Desmond Vs Becca State RunnerUp Campbell. 123 looks loaded. We could see Perry, Nini, Gibson all square off.
M2 looks like the team to beat, but Jersey 74 is very solid. It will be fun to watch Kasak and Forest wrestle, only a week removed from WNO. Some kids put it on the line as much as possible and some from WNO will go into hibernation
https://arena.flowrestling.org/event/ccbfe43e-31f4-f739-6371-39af36a8c6c2

the Benton team will be repping d4. Kudos to them for taking a home grown team to this against allstar teams. All the private/allstar teams have their teams there. (Becca, Faith, Mcort)

Last edited:
M2 total domination! Little Milheim beats Oneill. Warrior runs finest. Perry is a beast. Taylor might have the best club in the country. Correa is a must grab. Coach McNight is the Ironman, He coached 15 hours today and still was there at 8:30 coaching.

Faith academy Vs Mcort in the opening round of the champion pool. Steller took over the Lehigh valley. He will be shutting down all those clubs

Reactions: danoftw
M2 total domination! Little Milheim beats Oneill. Warrior runs finest. Perry is a beast. Taylor might have the best club in the country. Correa is a must grab. Coach McNight is the Ironman, He coached 15 hours today and still was there at 8:30 coaching.

Faith academy Vs Mcort in the opening round of the champion pool. Steller took over the Lehigh valley. He will be shutting down all those clubs
Can you tell me any big matchups? I’m assuming there will be some big matches between Faith and McCort. I agree on Correa. Really happy he is at M2 so hopefully he follows his coach and heads to PSU. Kid is really really good

Brookville's in-season folkstyle dual tournament often has many of the top AA schools in PA.
Check out the D6 aa 120 pounders Landin Bainey of West Branch and Logan Fry of BEA...they are best friends, they have wrestled each other 18 times so far...not exaggerating...both are top 5 PIAA kids. Both train under DT at M2

Check out the D6 aa 120 pounders Landin Bainey of West Branch and Logan Fry of BEA...they are best friends, they have wrestled each other 18 times so far...not exaggerating...both are top 5 PIAA kids. Both train under DT at M2
This match is going to be a great one. Two hammers repping m2. I was chatting with Bainey’s dad and he said his kid was getting some big offers. Wonder if he could end up at PSU? His dad said he is like a McNight or Pataky type.

Reactions: Parkerdam555
This match is going to be a great one. Two hammers repping m2. I was chatting with Bainey’s dad and he said his kid was getting some big offers. Wonder if he could end up at PSU? His dad said he is like a McNight or Pataky type.
Exactly. Bainey to me is like a Nico while Fry is like a McDonough...obviously neither at that level yet but style wise that's how I think of those two.

Reactions: hlstone
M2 cleans up.

Perry loses to Nini. Gibson I guess was hurt and didn’t wrestle either of them. I want to see these three get after it.

Gaj beats Manville again. Kollin Rath is very solid and could be a fit some day at PSU. Basset majors Botero 14-5 and Ziegler 10-2. Dillard smoked Motoyka. He will easily win AAA 106 this year. Waters and Tucker are exceptionally tough on top for heavier weights. The Forest kids style is wild, not sure how it will translate but fun to watch. Correa Vs Tucker was 1-0. Faith academy was the most impressive, their coach was saying they had two full teams and drafted teams. They had their own school bus. Stein, singer, Waters, Botero, Weidemoyer, Fuzzagatto and others. Don’t sleep on Brock Weiss. He went undefeated I think and looked big at 126.
I didn’t get to watch Bachman this weekend. Bouzakis looked strong and the match I watched looked like he got dinged up.
The Benton boys held their own.
Great work John Hughes on a great event. Thanks for getting me front row parking. You are still
My favorite D4 of all time.

Reactions: hlstone and danoftw
And a few others no one knows about. That team is deep and going to dominate PIAA very soon. Move over NDGP

Was a good time, Lots of good wrestling. Champs was crazy during the football game. My 8th grader got a few pretty good beatings but knocked off a few kids he probably shouldnt have.
The chain reaction of the Cael hire has been nothing short of a revolution in wrestling

Reactions: hlstone
And a few others no one knows about. That team is deep and going to dominate PIAA very soon. Move over NDGP
Yeah crazy line up. This is what I got on paper for them

107 Kole Davidheiser
114 Jonny O'Brien/Owin Brunner
121 Gauge Botero
127 Chase Hontz
133 Arment Waltenbaugh/Mason Wagner
139 Mason Stein/Shane Wagner
145 Cody Wagner/Lincoln Hower
152 Cael Weidemoyer
160 Luke Fugazzotto
172 Luke Sugalski
189 Adam Waters
215 Jason Singer
285 ???

So young but tough. Next year they get three more instant PIAA placers.
Every one of these kids transferred in during MS and wrestled for other schools. What is the black and white rule that allows this mega team to form but suspended Mcort 7th-HS wrestlers.
Davidheiser Ms 3rd
OBrien MS state qualifier
Botero national Ranked
Hontz HS State qualifier
Wagner MS state placer
Stein MS RunnerUp
wagner State RunnerUp
Weidemoyer Ms state champ
Fuggazatto MS state champ
Sugalski state 3rd
Waters 3x state champ
Singer state champ
Bachman state champ
Nicholas singer state third

the coaches seem like great people. They ran camps at their schools mat room all summer and kids from all over the country. They have the PIAA figured out. Becca will finally finish second in the recruiting ranks. Mcort sucks compared to the juggernaut

ADVERTISEMENT