USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

LaJollaLion

Gold Member
Jul 20, 2021
I guarantee you I've gotten more right about this virus than your doctor did.

Seriously, it's not even disputable. Your average doctor can't figure out much about a pandemic for himself.

Your average doctor supported the government line because he did not have the ability to do anything else.

On masks, your average doctor/nurse was saying that masks really helped. I said that only N95 masks helped to any significant degree (yes, a cloth mask must be better than zero, but what sort of idiot doesn't know that?). Now, your "approved medical sources of information" are saying I was right. Period.

As soon as it became obvious that the vaccine was "leaky", I was clear that "everyone" is going to get Covid since the R0 is somewhere between 6 and 10, it is only a question of the date. Your "medical professional" was on TV telling people that if you get vaxxed, you stop the pandemic. I was right. Period.

Yes, some on this board have been about finding a reason to not get a vaccine shot regardless of age. That's just wrong. Even though it still spreads, there's very little question that it helps reduce the severity of the disease. For every person on this board that tried to argue against vaccines for the adult population, 10 of us were saying "No, that's wrong, get the vaxx".

The idea that children need the vaxx, as suggested by "approved medical sources" is just laughable. Once we knew, back in the summer, that everyone was going to get Covid, there was no reason to vaccinate children. Now, can they get the vaxx if they want it? Sure. Almost surely there will be no consequences. I was right. Period.

Stupid sheeple are STILL parroting the company line, but haven't any ability to question things on their own. Only a sheeple doesn't say, "If the vaccine is stopping the spread, then why do all the Pittsburgh Penguins have Covid"? Some idiots then ask, "Yeah, but did any of them get seriously sick?" Wow, insightful. As if any cardiovascular machine like a pro hockey player in his 20s is going to need hospitalized for Covid (regardless of vaxxed or not).

You don't have a scientific bone in your body. I'm guessing the toughest math course you ever passed was algebra II.
Ok Doc. I'm sure your posting this from your lab too. Stupid sheeple follow parties and politicians like a GD religion now in this country. So much so they deep dive into it head first and parrot the same BS non stop until they believe it. The fact that you say say "you were right" is the best,,,,sure you were. Can you link your own studies and these definitive outcomes you came to all by yourself? LOL....you're a product of social media brainwashing and are too stupid to even know it. It's 50% ignorance and 50% arrogance to even type that stuff and sincerely think it's true. You really are convinced you know it all.....and I'm sure it wasn't hard at all to convince yourself of it too. Get yourself a participation trophy, you solved Covid.

Dunning-Kruger effect, in psychology, a cognitive bias whereby people with limited knowledge or competence in a given intellectual or social domain greatly overestimate their own knowledge or competence in that domain relative to objective criteria or to the performance of their peers or of people in general.

Last edited:

bison13

Dec 22, 2007
i never signed up for the ON3, is there still that deal to sign up there?
its free like this one./ set up a log in and then log out and then log back in and you can post.

But yes Tom is a douche, even in person at a BW game when he was an ass to me about not giving him info about one of my players who was a recruit at the game

psualt

Nov 2, 2014
its free like this one./ set up a log in and then log out and then log back in and you can post.

But yes Tom is a douche, even in person at a BW game when he was an ass to me about not giving him info about one of my players who was a recruit at the game
I'm just curious as to how you know who he was? Never saw a picture. I assumed it wasn't even his real name since there was little in his posts to identify him.

tlbakernc

Sep 10, 2019
Mooresville NC
1. Of course this thing was man made and accidentally got out of the lab.
2. They need to stop selling the shot as a vaccine and start selling it as a preemptive therapeutic. Take it and you won't get AS SICK but you could still feel bad AND pass it on.
3. The new variant is basically the beginning of the end.
A. the worse the Presidents approval rating gets the more they will do anything to make it go away. Three card monte at its best.
B. The virus is infecting every single thing in the world and it isn't going to have anything to infect by mid February.
C. It is the only thing the Democrats can hope to hang their head on. The rest of the rest year has been a disaster.
4. You will start to see the media talk about deaths, not cases.
You dear sir just nailed #4 on your list. AP will no longer report on new cases. Such bullshit!

bison13

Dec 22, 2007
I'm just curious as to how you know who he was? Never saw a picture. I assumed it wasn't even his real name since there was little in his posts to identify him.
When I brought my player up to the game I walked by his tent outside the stadium. He recognized my kid from the picture and recruit list. He told me to come back and talk to him once my guy went with the rest of the recruits. When I came back he just kept needling me about where the kid was looking at and some of the other kids that were there so he could get insider information. Came off as a total dickhead.

roswelllion

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2003
Several scientists state that they always suspect virus came from a lab but were afraid to speak out because it would hurt their careers
Just to add a little. Not just any scientists but folks within the inner circle of Fauci. Apparently their emails to Fauci et al raise a very high level of doubt this thing could have come from nature but their public pronouncements say something else supporting the nature hypothesis. Nothing to see here..... Sure

roswelllion

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2003
1. Of course this thing was man made and accidentally got out of the lab.
2. They need to stop selling the shot as a vaccine and start selling it as a preemptive therapeutic. Take it and you won't get AS SICK but you could still feel bad AND pass it on.
3. The new variant is basically the beginning of the end.
A. the worse the Presidents approval rating gets the more they will do anything to make it go away. Three card monte at its best.
B. The virus is infecting every single thing in the world and it isn't going to have anything to infect by mid February.
C. It is the only thing the Democrats can hope to hang their head on. The rest of the rest year has been a disaster.
4. You will start to see the media talk about deaths, not cases.
Well said and spot on. [at least I sure hope so especially point B

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
Ok Doc. I'm sure your posting this from your lab too. Stupid sheeple follow parties and politicians like a GD religion now in this country. So much so they deep dive into it head first and parrot the same BS non stop until they believe it. The fact that you say say "you were right" is the best,,,,sure you were. Can you link your own studies and these definitive outcomes you came to all by yourself? LOL....you're a product of social media brainwashing and are too stupid to even know it. It's 50% ignorance and 50% arrogance to even type that stuff and sincerely think it's true. You really are convinced you know it all.....and I'm sure it wasn't hard at all to convince yourself of it too. Get yourself a participation trophy, you solved Covid.

Dunning-Kruger effect, in psychology, a cognitive bias whereby people with limited knowledge or competence in a given intellectual or social domain greatly overestimate their own knowledge or competence in that domain relative to objective criteria or to the performance of their peers or of people in general.
All that typing and you still can't just come out and say it:

"Yeah, you were right on the money on masks. We were wrong when we believed the nonsense spewing out of Fauci's mouth."

ryoder1

Feb 17, 2007

I was in a free trial period for a couple months when it first started, now they want money.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
@LaJollaLion

Here is an engineer with very strong math skills telling you in September exactly why everyone is going to get Covid. You can read the rest of the thread at your leisure.

Note that Rt indicates the reproductive success factor of the virus at any point in time, while R0 is the reproductive success factor of the virus at introduction into a population with no immunity from prior exposure or vaccines.

Enjoy. Ask questions if you'd like.

Hell, you could have known that "everyone was going to get it" in September. Instead, you only know it now.

Could be. For Delta, I've seen 8, and just saw one article saying between 6 and 7, and another estimate in the last week of 6.40, I haven't seen a number as low as 5, but could be.

But until the Rt number goes under 1.0, it is still spreading.

I think it goes without saying that all of these numbers are functions of time. So the vaccine's effectiveness might be 60% against infection now, but in a month with the same population of individuals, it might only be 50%, or whatever.

The real point is - vaccination isn't preventing the spread, only slowing it. For comparison - the flu - 2.0 approximately. Obviously the flu spreads like wildfire.

Here is "Dr." Fauci speaking yesterday, giving you the OK to believe the engineer:

But it's BREITBART QUOTING HIM!

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
Theory: DeSantis failure to lockdown, promote the vaccine, and otherwise mismanage the pandemic is why Florida has a huge death toll and a huge caseload recently, while other states that locked down and masked up are doing really well.

Feynman: "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, how smart you are.....if the theory doesn't agree with observation, it's wrong. That's all there is to it."

Engineer: Please see graphs below.

Liberal: I hate Engineer!

New-York-Cases-over-Time.png

Pennsylvania-Deaths-with-Time.png

Cletus11

Aug 8, 2003
Theory: DeSantis failure to lockdown, promote the vaccine, and otherwise mismanage the pandemic is why Florida has a huge death toll and a huge caseload recently, while other states that locked down and masked up are doing really well.

Feynman: "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, how smart you are.....if the theory doesn't agree with observation, it's wrong. That's all there is to it."

Engineer: Please see graphs below.

Liberal: I hate Engineer!

New-York-Cases-over-Time.png

Pennsylvania-Deaths-with-Time.png

I said 14+ months ago that this was more about power, control, and money then medical science as the politicians (on both sides of the aisle) had more of it then in the history of the USA besides WWII. I think the people now are finally fed up with it.

Agoodnap

Sep 27, 2015
Here are two shots of the CDC tracker. I didn't take the time to overlay the charts so use your imagination. Both are of the same timeframe which is June 13th thru January 13th. The chart shows by "sex" because it's the most clear depiction of the data I could easily find and both chart are "per 100,000 people" so that data is directly comparable. Someone needs to explain why we are even talking about omicron.

This chart is for "Cases"

This chart is for "Deaths"

Edit: I just noticed that although I set the upper limit the january 13th the data actually cuts off at January 8th.

Last edited:
Reactions: bison13

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
Here are two shots of the CDC tracker. I didn't take the time to overlay the charts so use your imagination. Both are of the same timeframe which is June 13th thru January 13th. The chart shows by "sex" because it's the most clear depiction of the data I could easily find and both chart are "per 100,000 people" so that data is directly comparable. Someone needs to explain why we are even talking about omicron.

That is really great news as it appears that COVID is becoming far more infectious but far less lethal. This may well lead to that mysterious "herd immunity" level. Perhaps it is now, really, the "regular flu".

WPTLION

Jan 7, 2002

What I find interesting is how quickly deaths dropped. Mid Nov Delta was still pretty strong although starting to fade. Then when Omi hit in mid dec death fell as Omi went up. Which seems a little too early for the deaths to drop as most deaths take a few weeks from infection to happen. But it does appear to be good news.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
What I find interesting is how quickly deaths dropped. Mid Nov Delta was still pretty strong although starting to fade. Then when Omi hit in mid dec death fell as Omi went up. Which seems a little too early for the deaths to drop as most deaths take a few weeks from infection to happen. But it does appear to be good news.
yeah...and Omicron swept across the world at a speed that is hard to believe when you consider what "protections" have been in place in terms of shots, masks, distancing and lockdowns. I mean, we are talking worldwide in a month.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
Guys, that data is wrong/misleading. I SUSPECT, but do not know, that it is a lagging issue with reporting.

Deaths are actually on the rise, and are about 50% of the all time peak.

Now, are cases WAY, WAY up? Yes. But I don't know how much of that is due to more infections and how much is due to more testing.

So, do I think that Omicron is less lethal than Delta - absolutely. But I don't think it is 20% as lethal....maybe more like 50% as lethal.

As noted elsewhere, the vaccine effectiveness against Omicron is really poor. Earlier in this thread, I posted some VE for Omicron - if you are only "fully vaccinated but not boosted", the vaccines work with an effectivity of less than 50% after a few months. The booster shows better results, BUT they only showing the impact of a booster for a very short timeframe after the third shot....my suspicion - the booster will quickly diminish in effectivity.

Covid-Deaths-over-Time.png

Covid-Cases-over-Time.png

Reactions: WPTLION

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state

Edit: I just noticed that although I set the upper limit the january 13th the data actually cuts off at January 8th.
Because we can‘t talk about supply chain shortages, inflation, the border crisis, the rise in crime, Putin flexing his muscles, same with China, same with NK.......

WPTLION

Jan 7, 2002
But, but but.... LONG COVID!!! :eek:
A Doctor friend has a theory on long covid. Something called POTS it happens as a reaction to a virus. Very similar symptoms to long covid. There was some info on it Dec 2020 and then it was dropped. He's doing some more digging.

Reactions: tlbakernc

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Gain of function?
Every variant spread world wide rapidly. And the first ones did so with severe international travel restrictions, masking, economic shutdown, and other precautions. This virus spreads rapidly somehow in some way they either don’t understand or aren’t telling us. Said so a year ago when the first variants went global in a month.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
Every variant spread world wide rapidly. And the first ones did so with severe international travel restrictions, masking, economic shutdown, and other precautions. This virus spreads rapidly somehow in some way they either don’t understand or aren’t telling us. Said so a year ago when the first variants went global in a month.
I don't think there is any mystery here.

R0 is very high, for Omicron it's estimated at 10.

Let's assume you're infectious for 10 days on average.

That means you infect 10 people in 10 days.

So, 1 person goes to 10 in 10 days.
Those 10 go to 100 after 20 days.
Those 100 go to 1000 after 30 days.
1000 to 10000 in 40 days.
100000 to 1000000 in 60 days.

Now, consider that it isn't detected until we've got more than a thousand infected (I'm making that up, but if you think it gets detected at person 0, no way), you've got a million people in 30 days from detection.

And honestly, I think the infection period is probably shorter than 10 days, maybe more like 7 days (again, I'm just making this up, cause it's too much work to dig).

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
I don't think there is any mystery here.

R0 is very high, for Omicron it's estimated at 10.

Let's assume you're infectious for 10 days on average.

That means you infect 10 people in 10 days.

So, 1 person goes to 10 in 10 days.
Those 10 go to 100 after 20 days.
Those 100 go to 1000 after 30 days.
1000 to 10000 in 40 days.
100000 to 1000000 in 60 days.

Now, consider that it isn't detected until we've got more than a thousand infected (I'm making that up, but if you think it gets detected at person 0, no way), you've got a million people in 30 days from detection.

And honestly, I think the infection period is probably shorter than 10 days, maybe more like 7 days (again, I'm just making this up, cause it's too much work to dig).
My point was that all variants spread globally quite rapidly I spite of all extreme mitigation efforts. Some how it crossed oceans...and continents, and borders despite unprecedented attempts to stop it. Something doesn’t add up.

Reactions: jjw165 and bison13

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
My point was that all variants spread globally quite rapidly I spite of all extreme mitigation efforts. Some how it crossed oceans...and continents, and borders despite unprecedented attempts to stop it. Something doesn’t add up.
Mitigation efforts?

You mean masks for the sheep? Hahahahaha.

People not going to work? What do we think they did instead? They spread it to family and friends.

When Fauci was busy campaigning against Trump by shutting down the economy, and his ridiculous "15 days to slow the spread" campaign, I simply asked "How many cases do we need to get down to before it stops spreading?"

Of course, it is a rhetorical question - the answer is unattainable - zero.

Reactions: bison13 and dbsteel

psualt

Nov 2, 2014
Long covid....how many had issues before covid? Now they have a name for it. Not saying there are no cases as many illnesses have lingering effects but I would bet a large number of these cases are psychosomatic.

dbsteel

Jan 15, 2014
You dear sir just nailed #4 on your list. AP will no longer report on new cases. Such bullshit!
Right- and now the media is spinning the narrative that "not everyone who died or is in the hospital was becasue of Covid, it was just with Covid." Which is what everyone has been saying for over a year........ but the numbers are killing this admin, so they need to flip the script.

MacNit07

Aug 5, 2017
Right- and now the media is spinning the narrative that "not everyone who died or is in the hospital was becasue of Covid, it was just with Covid." Which is what everyone has been saying for over a year........ but the numbers are killing this admin, so they need to flip the script.
Funny how that works! Shows the inherent bias!

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
Obviously, there are many young people in the hospital WITH Covid, rather than because of Covid. So, since there are otherwise so very few young people in the hospital because of Covid, even a little changes the statistics.

Same with deaths among young people - we are talking roughly 600 total deaths under 21. All it takes is a few miscodings and you've got "young people dying". Of course, it isn't convenient now, so that has to be knocked down.

But the death count - that's real and because of Covid, not with Covid. Were they all with comorbidities - yes.

WPTLION

Jan 7, 2002
Obviously, there are many young people in the hospital WITH Covid, rather than because of Covid. So, since there are otherwise so very few young people in the hospital because of Covid, even a little changes the statistics.

Same with deaths among young people - we are talking roughly 600 total deaths under 21. All it takes is a few miscodings and you've got "young people dying". Of course, it isn't convenient now, so that has to be knocked down.

But the death count - that's real and because of Covid, not with Covid. Were they all with comorbidities - yes.
But thats not how they count Flu deaths. Now if they change that going forward I'll agree with "because" of Covid. I do know someone(a doctor) who's mother died early on of a bowel issue and she had covid and they labeled her as dying of covid. The family tried to get it changed, never heard if they did.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
But thats not how they count Flu deaths. Now if they change that going forward I'll agree with "because" of Covid. I do know someone(a doctor) who's mother died early on of a bowel issue and she had covid and they labeled her as dying of covid. The family tried to get it changed, never heard if they did.
somebody posted that the govt paid for their loved one's funeral because it was tagged as COVID related. Perhaps just a little incentive for the family, I guess.

Reactions: tlbakernc

Agoodnap

Sep 27, 2015

Well, I'm not so sure. You should talk with some people who work in hospitals, particularly the emergency room. People showing up to hospitals are really sick and not from covid, but mainly because they waited to seek medical help for things that would have been routine had they not waited.

We all know people that work in hospitals so you should talk to those you know and you may come away with a different theory.

Agoodnap

Sep 27, 2015
somebody posted that the govt paid for their loved one's funeral because it was tagged as COVID related. Perhaps just a little incentive for the family, I guess.
That was me and it's a whole lot of incentive. My neighbor was furious that they had put covid on the death certificate when her father died of a stroke and she fought with them to have it changed. They claimed he had "symptoms", yet never actually tested him for covid and they wouldn't change it. They gave her a form to fill out to get the funeral expenses paid (yes, it's not automatic as you have to fill out a form), that is approved if submitted with a death certificate that states covid.

Edit: and here's the way it worked. About 2 weeks after submitting the form for repayment she received an envelope in the mail with a $8k check. She was suspicious so put it aside without cashing. About 2 - 3 weeks after the check appeared a letter explaining the check arrived so she deposited the $8k.

Edit: I just talked to my neighbor again and she go $8k for expenses, not $15k.

Last edited:

GulfCoastLion

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2002
Houston, TX
Because we can‘t talk about supply chain shortages, inflation, the border crisis, the rise in crime, Putin flexing his muscles, same with China, same with NK.......
Exactly. The Dems always utilize false flags as distractions from the plethora of issues their agenda and policies are creating for this country. They’ve ridden the ‘plan-Demic’ for 2 years now, along with Racial divide, Russian interference, white supremacy, voter discrimination, etc…. All the while the country goes further into the toilet. Although Biden & Harris’ ratings are also in the toilet by almost every measure & every demographic.

LaJollaLion

Gold Member
Jul 20, 2021
Rogan is another Dunning Kruger graduate but he speaks with such authority too. Odd I remember some pompous clown here talking about this and why young boys shouldn't get the shot for this very reason....and they were wrong.

I'll trim the fat because Tucker won't say this to the old echo chamber.

Szeps added: "Yeah, so you're about eight times likelier to get myocarditis from getting COVID than from getting the vaccine."

Hey don't sweat it as Doc Rogan justified it. Just winging it like so many other "experts" on Covid.

Rogan added: "That video is cringey, but it's what happens when you stumble in a long form podcast when you didn't know a subject was going to come up and you wing it."

Last edited:
Reactions: wilbury

tlbakernc

Sep 10, 2019
Mooresville NC
A Doctor friend has a theory on long covid. Something called POTS it happens as a reaction to a virus. Very similar symptoms to long covid. There was some info on it Dec 2020 and then it was dropped. He's doing some more digging.
Interesting… I personally know of 2 people that have suddenly collapsed. They were taken by ambulance to ER and tested positive for Covid. Both collapsed at the very beginning of showing symptoms. By very beginning, I mean feeling good in the morning and few hours later collapsing. Sounds very plausible POTS could be a response to Covid. But who knows, we may never know. One thing I’ve noticed with Covid
Hospitals are receiving federal funding for every covid admission and every covid death. Depending on financial situation family can receive federal money for funeral expenses.