USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

LionFan87b

Jun 15, 2001
Summing up...... taking the vaccine to protect others was just a big fuking lie
That's a bit too simplistic. According to this article, the approval for the vaccine did not require Pfizer to show that the vaccine helped prevent transmission. It also stands to reason that reducing COVID hospitalizations would, itself, reduce transmission. And research subsequent to Pfizer's showed that the vaccine did reduce transmission. Now, I'm not going to say there were no lies by anyone. I'm always skeptical when there's money to be made. But motive doesn't always mean guilt.

Reactions: PSUEngineer89

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
If I’m not mistaken the CDC added the Covid vaccine to scheduled vaccines for children. This to me is frightening.
This is correct. CDC voted to do that last week.

HOWEVER, it is up to the individual states to adopt or reject that recommendation.

Florida's DeSantis and Oz have pledged to reject that requirement.

No word out of the Fettermoron.

Cletus11

Aug 8, 2003
On the data front, the new hospital admissions has level off completely the last 2 weeks. So basically no more downward trend and just staying steady around 3250 per day.

Interestingly is appears the CDC has changed the fatality curve from daily to weekly now. That curve has also remained constant the last couple of weeks.

bison13

Dec 22, 2007
On the data front, the new hospital admissions has level off completely the last 2 weeks. So basically no more downward trend and just staying steady around 3250 per day.

Interestingly is appears the CDC has changed the fatality curve from daily to weekly now. That curve has also remained constant the last couple of weeks.
how much of the new cases are really flu or RSV? RSV is going crazy here in MD and I know some Dr's are saying its covid and other Drs saying rsv or flu

WaylonJ

Mar 25, 2021
how much of the new cases are really flu or RSV? RSV is going crazy here in MD and I know some Dr's are saying its covid and other Drs saying rsv or flu
I'm in PA and Mrs. Waylon and I have both had, and are still battling this respiratory thing. Wife had a scheduled annual checkup w her physician yesterday and was diagnosed with pneumonia. The Dr. said she suspected RSV as it is running rampant. I am going on four weeks with it. We both already had Covid and had all the shots beforehand. This was way worse and lasted way longer. We home tested for Covid again, negative. Who the hell knows what this is but if anyone gets it I hope you love endless coughing and being up all night.

• Wow
Reactions: PSUfiji and bison13

Cletus11

Aug 8, 2003
I'm in PA and Mrs. Waylon and I have both had, and are still battling this respiratory thing. Wife had a scheduled annual checkup w her physician yesterday and was diagnosed with pneumonia. The Dr. said she suspected RSV as it is running rampant. I am going on four weeks with it. We both already had Covid and had all the shots beforehand. This was way worse and lasted way longer. We home tested for Covid again, negative. Who the hell knows what this is but if anyone gets it I hope you love endless coughing and being up all night.
Two people in our office work from home this week because sick with flu. Both myself and my son got it this week also. I rarely ever get the flu (maybe twice in the last 20 years) so must be a pretty aggresive strain for me to get sick. So really going around.

Reactions: PSUfiji

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
Two people in our office work from home this week because sick with flu. Both myself and my son got it this week also. I rarely ever get the flu (maybe twice in the last 20 years) so must be a pretty aggresive strain for me to get sick. So really going around.

Let me check and see if it is better for the Ds in the election for this to be Covid, or to be RSV.

Hold tight, I'll advise the current science shortly.

bcspsu

Jun 2, 2001
Let me check and see if it is better for the Ds in the election for this to be Covid, or to be RSV.

Hold tight, I'll advise the current science shortly.
I think that it might be a little too late for the corrupt PA Supreme Court to violate the PA Constitution and make up new voting rules in the next two weeks, but you never know with the hacks who are on that court and the ones who give them their marching orders.

I just hope that the voters in states like NY, Michigan, IL, Oregon, Washington, etc., hold the incumbents who were behind all of the inanity in the last two and half years accountable in two weeks. Unfortunately, I have my doubts that this will happen with a certain AG in PA who now is running for a higher office and was part of an administration that did the same to the people of PA.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
I can't believe stuff like this really happened and we've all, apparently, forgotten about it

FgZSAlBWIAMVVbH

Online Persona

Feb 2, 2022
It wasn't just California, but also this Commonwealth. I live in the City of Pittsburgh, and the basketball backboards at the local city park a block from my house were removed so kids couldn't go outside in fresh air and get some exercise.
I personally think that those having made these types of decisions should be sued. They had an obligation to not flip everything upside down for political reasons causing irreparable harm to millions. Some of the decisions were malicious and made zero sense.

WPTLION

Jan 7, 2002
I personally think that those having made these types of decisions should be sued. They had an obligation to not flip everything upside down for political reasons causing irreparable harm to millions. Some of the decisions were malicious and made zero sense.
Basically, it ended up being the most paranoid got their way. At least early on everyone gave in to the person with the most fear or biggest dooms day scenario. I remember get through to Rush after the 1st 30 days and talking about that. There was only one person that was giddy about continuing to shut things down at the time....Fauci.

Online Persona

Feb 2, 2022
Lets not....

So those that committed crimes against the public want us to just let it go?

Those that intentionally hurt you and your children should just be forgiven?

Those that murdered thousands of elderly in nursing homes by forcing infectious patients there by public health order should just get off scott free?

Those that took a generations once in a lifetime experiences say to just forgetaboutit?

Those that had medical personnel fired in the middle of a pandemic should just be quietly excused?

Those that destroyed 40% of existing businesses at the time for good should not be held accountable?

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
So those that committed crimes against the public want us to just let it go?

Those that intentionally hurt you and your children should just be forgiven?

Those that murdered thousands of elderly in nursing homes by forcing infectious patients there by public health order should just get off scott free?

Those that took a generations once in a lifetime experiences say to just forgetaboutit?

Those that had medical personnel fired in the middle of a pandemic should just be quietly excused?

Those that destroyed 40% of existing businesses at the time for good should not be held accountable?
that's about right.

Honestly, I get that the medical industry and scientists didn't have a clue. I get that they pretended to have a clue because nobody else knew either. But when the numbers caught up, they demonized people. They ruined small businesses and individuals who (correctly) refused to get vaccinated. I don't forgive them for that and never will. They were vindictive, ruthless and uncaring.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
So the "amnesty" thing now makes sense. It was revealed, today, that the DOJ conspired with Google, Microsoft, Twitter and Facebook (among others) to provide a portal to censor anyone who dared not swallow the government line.

This is really, and not exaggerating, censorship. It has played out that several of the "crazy conspiracies" turned out to be correct. And in censoring the "deniers", we suffered from these foolish mandates far longer than we needed to.

bcspsu

Jun 2, 2001
that's about right.

Honestly, I get that the medical industry and scientists didn't have a clue. I get that they pretended to have a clue because nobody else knew either. But when the numbers caught up, they demonized people. They ruined small businesses and individuals who (correctly) refused to get vaccinated. I don't forgive them for that and never will. They were vindictive, ruthless and uncaring.
Despite what you said being totally true, this Commonwealth may elect one of the enforcers of these mandates as its next governor, which blows my mind.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
I can't believe stuff like this really happened and we've all, apparently, forgotten about it

FgZSAlBWIAMVVbH
Lots of suburban women will forget pretty quickly.

It wasn't just California, but also this Commonwealth. I live in the City of Pittsburgh, and the basketball backboards at the local city park a block from my house were removed so kids couldn't go outside in fresh air and get some exercise.
it was all a psyop designed to make things as miserable as possible.

Hoping you’d blame Trump.

It worked.

Agoodnap

Sep 27, 2015
Ummm.....all I can say is FOOLS! Unfortunately no one can go to jail for this!

Why does the Media need to lie in virtually every article? Why?

If you read this article they are talking about the "first" booster, which some received after being "fully" vaccinated (the first two shots). However, it's hard to pull this information and most will believe that the article is written about the "omicron" booster which recently became available. Further, their claim is that if you had omicron BEFORE getting the "first" booster (not the one for omicron) your protection MAY be lowered.
This data is useless at this time and it's presentation is an attempt to scare people, not to inform them else it would have been written much more succinctly.

Texas Lion

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2018

If you read this article they are talking about the "first" booster, which some received after being "fully" vaccinated (the first two shots). However, it's hard to pull this information and most will believe that the article is written about the "omicron" booster which recently became available. Further, their claim is that if you had omicron BEFORE getting the "first" booster (not the one for omicron) your protection MAY be lowered.
This data is useless at this time and it's presentation is an attempt to scare people, not to inform them else it would have been written much more succinctly.
Because that is what the media, the democrats, and the republicans do. They lie. Government is big business and they have to lie to stay in office and reap the benefits!!

Reactions: bison13

Cletus11

Aug 8, 2003

it is a poorly written article. I get the jist of it was that immunity from natural infection is essentially better than vaccine immunity.

Agoodnap

Sep 27, 2015
it is a poorly written article. I get the jist of it was that immunity from natural infection is essentially better than vaccine immunity.
Yes, sort of. More so it was written to scare people with misleading data. Very few people will take the time to read and understand the article because it is written to mislead.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state

Because that is what the media, the democrats, and the republicans do. They lie. Government is big business and they have to lie to stay in office and reap the benefits!!

The media and our government have lost all credibility either through incompetence or intentional deception. That includes the science related governmental divisions.

What is truly sad, I trust the information I find here on this board more than anything by the government or media. Amazing and maddening it has come to that.

And a big thanks to all that contributed in the past and those that continue to do so.

Last edited:

RussianEagle

Mar 6, 2017
York County
Yes, in York County. A 19 year old woman was ticketed by the PSP just for taking a drive.

RussianEagle

Mar 6, 2017
York County
That’s been basic science for decades.

Yet, many “smart” people had informed me the last two years that while you can get reinfected after already having COVID, you will not get reinfected if you get the vaccine.

bison13

Dec 22, 2007

Yet, many “smart” people had informed me the last two years that while you can get reinfected after already having COVID, you will not get reinfected if you get the vaccine.

Yea I have seen grown men (all liberals) crying when they found out they got covid after having the vax. It was funny to watch

Online Persona

Feb 2, 2022

That's one of the things with covid decisions that the public needs to understand. We literally had hundreds of years of best practices as to how to treat a pandemic and viruses that we threw out the window.

Why? Well the WHO and Fauci and others that sold us on this not coming from a Wuhan lab because they were supporting the research there told us to do everything the opposite of what humans have learned and known about dealing with viruses for hundreds of years.

We quarantined the healthy.

We required (and still do some places) loosely fitting and improperly worn cloth masks with openings between threads on the order of 1000 times larger the virus.

We intentionally sent those that were still infectious into nursing homes early on in 6 democrat run states including PA with by far the most vulnerable population who could not escape and would have to breath recirculated shared ventilation air 24/7. This amounts to mass premeditated murder.

We shut down large segments of the economy and are still dealing with the supply chain disaster it caused in a world of just in time supply methods.

We forced healthy population segments that were at infinitesimal risk if they caught the virus to inject themselves with emergency approved shots that were permitted large short cuts in clinical trials that apparently didn't show efficacy but were approved by the government anyway with the caveat that drug companies had zero liability. The government did this by misleading, offering incentives, using celebrity endorsements, peer pressure, incendiary statements from political figures attacking the unvaxxed, and firing them from jobs. Now they are forcing it on children who in some states will not be able to go to school without getting jabbed.

They shut down most hospital procedures because of covid and then later cut medical staff because the revenues were killed off. They literally laid off medical personnel by the thousands during a pandemic and created extreme backlogs in routine medical care once it was resumed. Further, they ensured a million plus heart disease and cancer diagnoses in the US did not occur as it typically would thus significantly reducing the outcomes for those people.

They abandoned logic and reason. We were shutting down gyms were people go to get healthy and stopped teaching children. We handed money out to people who were not allowed to work and then were surprised when some didn't want to go back to work and when inflation spiraled out of control.

If you ever saw the Seinfeld episode were George does the opposite of every instinct, that was our world. Except the US wasn't an unemployed George who lived with his parents at age 40. We were successful and we did the opposite of everything science, human understanding of viruses, capitalism, and human decency said to do.

People have their own thoughts as to why we did the exact opposite and flipped our world upside down.

Last edited:

RussianEagle

Mar 6, 2017
York County
Alcohol-related deaths for women between the ages of 35 and 44 between 1999 and 2000 increased 42%!

kids!

It was actually between 2019 and 2020.

But alcoholism in middle aged women has been a huge problem that’s been growing for decades, yet few people seem to talk about it. Probably afraid of being labeled anti-feminist or something.

Reactions: PSUfiji and bison13

MacNit07

Aug 5, 2017
That's one of the things with covid decisions that the public needs to understand. We literally had hundreds of years of best practices as to how to treat a pandemic and viruses that we threw out the window.

Why? Well the WHO and Fauci and others that sold us on this not coming from a Wuhan lab because they were supporting the research there told us to do everything the opposite of what humans have learned and known about dealing with viruses for hundreds of years.

We required (and still do some places) loosely fitting and improperly worn cloth masks with openings between threads on the order of 1000 times larger the virus.

We intentionally sent those that were still infectious into nursing homes early on in 6 democrat run states including PA with by far the most vulnerable population who could not escape and would have to breath recirculated shared ventilation air 24/7. This amounts to mass premeditated murder.

We shut down large segments of the economy and are still dealing with the supply chain disaster it caused in a world of just in time supply methods.

We forced healthy population segments that were at infinitesimal risk if they caught the virus to inject themselves with emergency approved shots that were permitted large short cuts in clinical trials that apparently didn't show efficacy but were approved by the government anyway with the caveat that drug companies had zero liability. The government did this by misleading, offering incentives, using celebrity endorsements, peer pressure, incendiary statements from political figures attacking the unvaxxed, and firing them from jobs. Now they are forcing it on children who in some states will not be able to go to school without getting jabbed.

They shut down most hospital procedures because of covid and then later cut medical staff because the revenues were killed off. They literally laid off medical personnel by the thousands during a pandemic and created extreme backlogs in routine medical care once it was resumed. Further, they ensured a million plus heart disease and cancer diagnoses in the US did not occur as it typically would thus significantly reducing the outcomes for those people.

They abandoned logic and reason. We were shutting down gyms were people go to get healthy and stopped teaching children. We handed money out to people who were not allowed to work and then were surprised when some didn't want to go back to work and when inflation spiraled out of control.

If you ever saw the Seinfeld episode were George does the opposite of every instinct, that was our world. Except the US wasn't an unemployed George who lived with his parents at age 40. We were successful and we did the opposite of everything science, human understanding of viruses, capitalism, and human decency said to do.

People have their own thoughts as to why we did the exact opposite and flipped our world upside down.
All of it correct. Someone should be held criminal. Actually, not “someone” but the political and medical people responsible.

Fauci
Cuomo
Levine
Wolf
Newsome
Biden

LeatherHelmets

Oct 7, 2010
All of it correct. Someone should be held criminal. Actually, not “someone” but the political and medical people responsible.

Fauci
Cuomo
Levine
Wolf
Newsome
Biden
Many more names need to be on that list. Newsom, Whitmer, Murphy (NJ), CEO's who forced the jab and fired those who resisted, the woke Pentagon leaders, big tech leaders who shut down legitimate and truthful data, public school boards and administrators, and so many more.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state

What a great synopsis of this debacle. Nailed it.👐👐👐

87 Penn St8

Feb 11, 2009
Chester County, PA
I work in a high school in SEPA and we have continued to have students absent for what their friends say is "Covid." Not a wave but a constant stream.

I've had all vaccines given my exposure to so many students and colleagues. Got the Omnicron from my living son last year for Christmas 🎄 While my symptoms weren't bad- my wife and son suffered. I was sore head to toe, stacked firewood for a day, sat in the hot tub and drank beer to cleanse my system and I was all good!

However I still struggle with air and get lightheaded from steps that I've routinely managed at school for 18 years. Others report similar situations. I'm with you Mr. Waylon...whatever I can do to avoid getting whatever the latest shit is that goes around perpetually in my workplace I will do. Godspeed to those who choose otherwise. I hope Mrs.Waylon is back to good health soon!

Latest posts