ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

But, but but.... LONG COVID!!! :eek:
A Doctor friend has a theory on long covid. Something called POTS it happens as a reaction to a virus. Very similar symptoms to long covid. There was some info on it Dec 2020 and then it was dropped. He's doing some more digging.

Reactions: tlbakernc
Gain of function?
Every variant spread world wide rapidly. And the first ones did so with severe international travel restrictions, masking, economic shutdown, and other precautions. This virus spreads rapidly somehow in some way they either don’t understand or aren’t telling us. Said so a year ago when the first variants went global in a month.

Every variant spread world wide rapidly. And the first ones did so with severe international travel restrictions, masking, economic shutdown, and other precautions. This virus spreads rapidly somehow in some way they either don’t understand or aren’t telling us. Said so a year ago when the first variants went global in a month.
I don't think there is any mystery here.

R0 is very high, for Omicron it's estimated at 10.

Let's assume you're infectious for 10 days on average.

That means you infect 10 people in 10 days.

So, 1 person goes to 10 in 10 days.
Those 10 go to 100 after 20 days.
Those 100 go to 1000 after 30 days.
1000 to 10000 in 40 days.
100000 to 1000000 in 60 days.

Now, consider that it isn't detected until we've got more than a thousand infected (I'm making that up, but if you think it gets detected at person 0, no way), you've got a million people in 30 days from detection.

And honestly, I think the infection period is probably shorter than 10 days, maybe more like 7 days (again, I'm just making this up, cause it's too much work to dig).

I don't think there is any mystery here.

R0 is very high, for Omicron it's estimated at 10.

Let's assume you're infectious for 10 days on average.

That means you infect 10 people in 10 days.

So, 1 person goes to 10 in 10 days.
Those 10 go to 100 after 20 days.
Those 100 go to 1000 after 30 days.
1000 to 10000 in 40 days.
100000 to 1000000 in 60 days.

Now, consider that it isn't detected until we've got more than a thousand infected (I'm making that up, but if you think it gets detected at person 0, no way), you've got a million people in 30 days from detection.

And honestly, I think the infection period is probably shorter than 10 days, maybe more like 7 days (again, I'm just making this up, cause it's too much work to dig).
My point was that all variants spread globally quite rapidly I spite of all extreme mitigation efforts. Some how it crossed oceans...and continents, and borders despite unprecedented attempts to stop it. Something doesn’t add up.

Reactions: jjw165 and bison13
My point was that all variants spread globally quite rapidly I spite of all extreme mitigation efforts. Some how it crossed oceans...and continents, and borders despite unprecedented attempts to stop it. Something doesn’t add up.
Mitigation efforts?

You mean masks for the sheep? Hahahahaha.

People not going to work? What do we think they did instead? They spread it to family and friends.

When Fauci was busy campaigning against Trump by shutting down the economy, and his ridiculous "15 days to slow the spread" campaign, I simply asked "How many cases do we need to get down to before it stops spreading?"

Of course, it is a rhetorical question - the answer is unattainable - zero.

Reactions: bison13 and dbsteel
Long covid....how many had issues before covid? Now they have a name for it. Not saying there are no cases as many illnesses have lingering effects but I would bet a large number of these cases are psychosomatic.

You dear sir just nailed #4 on your list. AP will no longer report on new cases. Such bullshit!
Right- and now the media is spinning the narrative that "not everyone who died or is in the hospital was becasue of Covid, it was just with Covid." Which is what everyone has been saying for over a year........ but the numbers are killing this admin, so they need to flip the script.

Right- and now the media is spinning the narrative that "not everyone who died or is in the hospital was becasue of Covid, it was just with Covid." Which is what everyone has been saying for over a year........ but the numbers are killing this admin, so they need to flip the script.
Funny how that works! Shows the inherent bias!

Obviously, there are many young people in the hospital WITH Covid, rather than because of Covid. So, since there are otherwise so very few young people in the hospital because of Covid, even a little changes the statistics.

Same with deaths among young people - we are talking roughly 600 total deaths under 21. All it takes is a few miscodings and you've got "young people dying". Of course, it isn't convenient now, so that has to be knocked down.

But the death count - that's real and because of Covid, not with Covid. Were they all with comorbidities - yes.

Obviously, there are many young people in the hospital WITH Covid, rather than because of Covid. So, since there are otherwise so very few young people in the hospital because of Covid, even a little changes the statistics.

Same with deaths among young people - we are talking roughly 600 total deaths under 21. All it takes is a few miscodings and you've got "young people dying". Of course, it isn't convenient now, so that has to be knocked down.

But the death count - that's real and because of Covid, not with Covid. Were they all with comorbidities - yes.
But thats not how they count Flu deaths. Now if they change that going forward I'll agree with "because" of Covid. I do know someone(a doctor) who's mother died early on of a bowel issue and she had covid and they labeled her as dying of covid. The family tried to get it changed, never heard if they did.

But thats not how they count Flu deaths. Now if they change that going forward I'll agree with "because" of Covid. I do know someone(a doctor) who's mother died early on of a bowel issue and she had covid and they labeled her as dying of covid. The family tried to get it changed, never heard if they did.
somebody posted that the govt paid for their loved one's funeral because it was tagged as COVID related. Perhaps just a little incentive for the family, I guess.

Well, I'm not so sure. You should talk with some people who work in hospitals, particularly the emergency room. People showing up to hospitals are really sick and not from covid, but mainly because they waited to seek medical help for things that would have been routine had they not waited.

We all know people that work in hospitals so you should talk to those you know and you may come away with a different theory.

somebody posted that the govt paid for their loved one's funeral because it was tagged as COVID related. Perhaps just a little incentive for the family, I guess.
That was me and it's a whole lot of incentive. My neighbor was furious that they had put covid on the death certificate when her father died of a stroke and she fought with them to have it changed. They claimed he had "symptoms", yet never actually tested him for covid and they wouldn't change it. They gave her a form to fill out to get the funeral expenses paid (yes, it's not automatic as you have to fill out a form), that is approved if submitted with a death certificate that states covid.

Edit: and here's the way it worked. About 2 weeks after submitting the form for repayment she received an envelope in the mail with a $8k check. She was suspicious so put it aside without cashing. About 2 - 3 weeks after the check appeared a letter explaining the check arrived so she deposited the $8k.

Edit: I just talked to my neighbor again and she go $8k for expenses, not $15k.

Last edited:
Because we can‘t talk about supply chain shortages, inflation, the border crisis, the rise in crime, Putin flexing his muscles, same with China, same with NK.......
Exactly. The Dems always utilize false flags as distractions from the plethora of issues their agenda and policies are creating for this country. They’ve ridden the ‘plan-Demic’ for 2 years now, along with Racial divide, Russian interference, white supremacy, voter discrimination, etc…. All the while the country goes further into the toilet. Although Biden & Harris’ ratings are also in the toilet by almost every measure & every demographic.

Rogan is another Dunning Kruger graduate but he speaks with such authority too. Odd I remember some pompous clown here talking about this and why young boys shouldn't get the shot for this very reason....and they were wrong.

I'll trim the fat because Tucker won't say this to the old echo chamber.

Szeps added: "Yeah, so you're about eight times likelier to get myocarditis from getting COVID than from getting the vaccine."

Hey don't sweat it as Doc Rogan justified it. Just winging it like so many other "experts" on Covid.

Rogan added: "That video is cringey, but it's what happens when you stumble in a long form podcast when you didn't know a subject was going to come up and you wing it."

Last edited:
Reactions: wilbury
A Doctor friend has a theory on long covid. Something called POTS it happens as a reaction to a virus. Very similar symptoms to long covid. There was some info on it Dec 2020 and then it was dropped. He's doing some more digging.
Interesting… I personally know of 2 people that have suddenly collapsed. They were taken by ambulance to ER and tested positive for Covid. Both collapsed at the very beginning of showing symptoms. By very beginning, I mean feeling good in the morning and few hours later collapsing. Sounds very plausible POTS could be a response to Covid. But who knows, we may never know. One thing I’ve noticed with Covid
Hospitals are receiving federal funding for every covid admission and every covid death. Depending on financial situation family can receive federal money for funeral expenses.

Interesting… I personally know of 2 people that have suddenly collapsed. They were taken by ambulance to ER and tested positive for Covid. Both collapsed at the very beginning of showing symptoms. By very beginning, I mean feeling good in the morning and few hours later collapsing. Sounds very plausible POTS could be a response to Covid. But who knows, we may never know. One thing I’ve noticed with Covid

Hospitals are receiving federal funding for every covid admission and every covid death. Depending on financial situation family can receive federal money for funeral expenses.
I have never heard of POTS, a neurocardio complication where the controls on blood vessels and blood pressure is disturbed. Sounds like a serious condition requiring immediate treatment. Rapid heart rate, dizziness, light headed upon standing. Can last for several years if untreated. Many people suffer from long Covid and this could be one reason.

I haven't weighed in much on this- but fwiw our suburban Philly high school- where I teach- had 365 students AB yesterday which represents 1/4th of the student body. Obviously not all Covid...but definitely significant. Staffing has been AB at about 10-15% daily since the new year. I got it the week before Christmas Break. Many of my colleagues infected their family lines on Christmas Eve. At least where I live it's real. I had almost no symptoms...unfortunately my wife is not fairing as well...she is working from home til February. Thankfully she can use the nebulizer when the coughing spasms are overboard. Hang in everybody.

I haven't weighed in much on this- but fwiw our suburban Philly high school- where I teach- had 365 students AB yesterday which represents 1/4th of the student body. Obviously not all Covid...but definitely significant. Staffing has been AB at about 10-15% daily since the new year. I got it the week before Christmas Break. Many of my colleagues infected their family lines on Christmas Eve. At least where I live it's real. I had almost no symptoms...unfortunately my wife is not fairing as well...she is working from home til February. Thankfully she can use the nebulizer when the coughing spasms are overboard. Hang in everybody.
Good luck to your wife. Hope it works it’s way out soon.

US Covid Test Positivity Rate:

US-Covid-Positivity-Rate-over-Time.png

So general consensus is that USA should expect the peak to occur sometime this week or next. be interesting to see how fast things come back down. based on all the home tests now, really hospitalizations are the only metric left to really be able to see what is going on.

I like this guy. He just talks data... no politics.... Shows what is happening in the world. Looking at data in the UK.... Omnicron is a massive spike... quick rise up and quick fall. He supports all his talk with data studies which he references.... He thinks the US is about 2 weeks away from peaking based on the data in the US and patterns in UK. He talks about masks, vaccine effectiveness....everything... It is completely worth listening to......he has no agenda.

Reactions: NC2017
Sounds like CNN is even getting fed up with the CDC recommendations. And they wonder why people are not listening.

Cancel high school events
I was flipping through channels and saw a review of the Penn State Ohio State roundball game. So I lingered. They kind of made a big deal that they were social distancing between the coach and interviewers. Then they'd show clips of the game. The clips were showing 20,000 people packed together. Yet, nobody caught the irony of the whole thing.

Last edited:
I was flipping through channels and saw a review of the Penn State Ohio State roundball game. So I lingered. They kind of made a big deal that they were social distancing between the coach and interviewers. Then they'd show clips of the game. The clips were showing 20,000 people packed together. Yet, nobody caught the irony of the whole thing.
Sheeple…as someone said…and logic out the window…

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Look at the NBA, all the players and coaches and players on the bench have cloth masks on, like that is going to do anything in a 20,000 seat arena full of people for a few hours combine with the amount of time these guys spend together in planes and locker rooms and meeting rooms, etc....problem is we need some grown-ups to take a leadership role, get rid of the psuedo science making people feel good and talk straight with people on the risks and what can be done about them, etc....

Look at the NBA, all the players and coaches and players on the bench have cloth masks on, like that is going to do anything in a 20,000 seat arena full of people for a few hours combine with the amount of time these guys spend together in planes and locker rooms and meeting rooms, etc....problem is we need some grown-ups to take a leadership role, get rid of the psuedo science making people feel good and talk straight with people on the risks and what can be done about them, etc....
Erin Andrews interviewed a football player recently, practicing all of the standard protocols like distancing and masks for the close ups. After the interview, they cut to a wider shot while the broadcast team imparted some closing thoughts. You could see the two of them get close and hug for almost a minute; no protocols in place.

Last edited:
Karen Andrews interviewed a football player recently, practicing all of the standard protocols like distancing and masks for the close ups. After the interview, they cut to a wider shot while the broadcast team imparted some closing thoughts. You could see the two of them get close and hug for almost a minute; no protocols in place.
It was Erin Andrews and Rodgers.

Reactions: bytir and Obliviax
I have never heard of POTS, a neurocardio complication where the controls on blood vessels and blood pressure is disturbed. Sounds like a serious condition requiring immediate treatment. Rapid heart rate, dizziness, light headed upon standing. Can last for several years if untreated. Many people suffer from long Covid and this could be one reason.

they smoked a lot of it at Woodstock. :cool:

My sister is a physicians assistant in PA. Fully vaccinated with booster shot. She tested Covid positive Friday.
i think it is pretty well established now that the vaccines don't really do much of anything with respect to contracting Omicron. Probably help some in reducing the length and severity of symptoms and definitely help in keeping out of the hospital. But as for contracting it (and spreading it) appear to be limited to no benefit.

Karen Andrews interviewed a football player recently, practicing all of the standard protocols like distancing and masks for the close ups. After the interview, they cut to a wider shot while the broadcast team imparted some closing thoughts. You could see the two of them get close and hug for almost a minute; no protocols in place.
Erin Andrews, I believe you meant? She has done that multiple times…Pseudo- Science indeed!

Reactions: Obliviax
i think it is pretty well established now that the vaccines don't really do much of anything with respect to contracting Omicron. Probably help some in reducing the length and severity of symptoms and definitely help in keeping out of the hospital. But as for contracting it (and spreading it) appear to be limited to no benefit.
A reduction in symptoms probably equals a reduction in viral load so it would help to reduce spreading.

Yep. Useless cloth masks. Look at us, we care.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT