ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

I agree with you 100% on all of these stupid treatment ideas. It's really amusing to see what people come up with. Maybe if the CDC would have recommended HCQ and Ivermectin these loons would have come up with something else.

But if you think the herd that's being thinned is white republican anti-vaxxers, you're wrong.
I get that the thinning herd is much more inclusive than dumb, chubby, pasty, white guys over 40 though there are certainly plenty of them self thinning as well.

To summarize the results of the average anti vaxxer to date…….

HCQ didn’t work
Bleach didn’t work
Light bulb up the ass didn’t work
Pig Dewormer didn’t work
drinking one’s own piss………maybe? LOL

No wonder you guys are doing such a great job of thinning your own herd.
Do you ever post anything factually true?

Are you ever going to realize you're being played? You thought you did something there. Does your actual Doctor prescribe this medicine to his or her Covid patients.....I bet the answer is Nope. You're one step from being a Qnut....congrats.

Reactions: PSU2UNC and tgar
Are you ever going to realize you're being played?

What is the date of your article.....ooooops, treat your parasites.
Who is being played? Almost every study showing it doesn’t work were ones in hospitals with patients that were already very ill. Studies using it within 48 hrs of onset show good results. So why do ‘they’ continuously use such flawed studies?

Who is being played? Almost every study showing it doesn’t work were ones in hospitals with patients that were already very ill. Studies using it within 48 hrs of onset show good results. So why do ‘they’ continuously use such flawed studies?

What about using human ivermectin to treat or prevent COVID-19?​

Ivermectin for humans is being touted as a potential way to prevent and treat COVID-19 — but the truth is, the data doesn’t support this claim.

“So far, all the studies on ivermectin have shown that it’s not an effective treatment for COVID-19,” says Dr. Martin. “There was one study out of Egypt that showed it may be effective; however, it turned out that the data was falsified, and the study wasn’t formally published.”

You see real Doctors follow science and protocols, but you keep telling yourself that you're on to something here. When my actual Doctor or the medical community as a whole say this is effective...I'll buy it. That isn't the case no matter how bad you want it to be. Maybe that changes, but it is clearly not the case as of right now. Sorry your feelings get in the way of any possible rational thought you may try to have.

Reactions: knickslions

Ivermectin for humans is being touted as a potential way to prevent and treat COVID-19 — but the truth is, the data doesn’t support this claim.

“So far, all the studies on ivermectin have shown that it’s not an effective treatment for COVID-19,” says Dr. Martin. “There was one study out of Egypt that showed it may be effective; however, it turned out that the data was falsified, and the study wasn’t formally published.”

Reactions: GulfCoastLion
Hey man, all true. You would be one of the last folks I would consult for advice on how to stay safe during this pandemic. My physician on the other hand………..

Stick to your HCQ, Pig dewormer, light bulbs, bleach, urine and whatever comes next from your team of self appointed experts.

You see real Doctors follow science and protocols, but you keep telling yourself that you're on to something here. When my actual Doctor or the medical community as a whole say this is effective...I'll buy it. That isn't the case no matter how bad you want it to be. Maybe that changes, but it is clearly not the case as of right now. Sorry your feelings get in the way of any possible rational thought you may try to have.
Conspiracy guys are like a broken record on ivermectin. They just cant move on.

Reactions: LaJollaLion
Are you ever going to realize you're being played?
The use of Ivermectin for the prevention and treatment of Covid-19 has been the subject of much debate. The World Health Organisation‘s recommendation against Ivermectin as an alternative treatment for Covid-19 is shrouded in suspicion as the WHO’s second biggest donor is the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). Bill Gates also founded and funds The Vaccine Alliance (GAVI). The connection and clear conflict of interest is thus astounding

Reactions: tlbakernc
Reactions: PSU2UNC
Hey man, all true. You would be one of the last folks I would consult for advice on how to stay safe during this pandemic. My physician on the other hand………..

Stick to your HCQ, Pig dewormer, light bulbs, bleach, urine and whatever comes next from your team of self appointed experts.
Your obvious strategy is to post gross exaggerations and distortions because you are incapable of a rational, fact based discussion on the issues. You would much rather emote hyperbolic rants to cover your ineptitude. Thats ok, you have to compensate for your weaknesses as necessary.

Don’t really care who’s advise you follow on your own personal treatment. That’s a persona decision for each person to make.

Don’t confuse people like La Jolla Lion & TGAR with facts. They can’t handle the truth. Only what CNN, MSNBC, or Dr Fauci tell them relative to the China virus ‘plan-demic’ and subsequent experimental mRNA jabs to protect themselves.

When 90% plus over 12 have been vaccinated at least once it seems pretty logical a majority of folks who are dying have had the jab. 100% of everyone who dies was breathing before they died As well.
If true, the 90%, that is far and away greater than the goals and far greater than the herd immunity number.

send to the point, omicron has changed the game. There are zero stats to measure severity so the notion that the vax is better than not vaxxed vs omicron is anecdotal and incomplete at best (as omicron mature)

Few argue to not get vaxxed, s as the 90% rate shows. There is only one reason to quote these numbers today = politics

Reactions: Ski
Don’t confuse people like La Jolla Lion & TGAR with facts. They can’t handle the truth. Only what CNN, MSNBC, or Dr Fauci tell them relative to the China virus ‘plan-demic’ and subsequent experimental mRNA jabs to protect themselves.
Facts are Ivermectin isn't being prescribed to treat Covid. That is a fact, the medical community is not using this to treat people. Sorry Tucker, OAN, and Rogan aren't telling you this, but if you went to a real Doctor, he wouldn't prescribe it for you. That is the simple truth and it bothers you guys so much it's funny. Maybe you get your advice from the TV or YouTube....that makes sense for how GD stupid you are. Talk to your real doctor about that drug......see if he recommends it. I'll wait.

You can't even tell us what to stick to correctly--- the only thing you got right HCQ---WORKED!

• Haha
Reactions: tgar
When 90% plus over 12 have been vaccinated at least once it seems pretty logical a majority of folks who are dying have had the jab. 100% of everyone who dies was breathing before they died As well.
You are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo DUMB it hurts

Are you ever going to realize you're being played? You thought you did something there. Does your actual Doctor prescribe this medicine to his or her Covid patients.....I bet the answer is Nope. You're one step from being a Qnut....congrats.
Stop projecting about "being played". You are the genius who vaxed your five-year-old about a week before it became clear that the vax doesn't work against Omicron.

Stop projecting about "being played". You are the genius who vaxed your five-year-old about a week before it became clear that the vax doesn't work against Omicron.
Oh really, so the medical community said to stop vaccines? Care to link this or show us which Doctors are recommending this guideline? Who are you going to for your sound medical advice? Joe Rogan? Throw it out there genius, who is your source? Doctor Tucker? My family physician was my source and I don't think anyone has stated to stop vaccines other than anti-vaxx circles.

We know now that T cells from the vaccines still work against Omicron, and B cells generated by the vaccines adapt the new antibodies they produce to work against variants. So, I think the clinical scenarios we are seeing in those with prior immunity, vaccinated, and even boosted individuals [show that] the vaccines are likely still protecting Omicron-infected individuals from severe disease,” she said.

Reactions: tgar and PSU2UNC
If true, the 90%, that is far and away greater than the goals and far greater than the herd immunity number.

send to the point, omicron has changed the game. There are zero stats to measure severity so the notion that the vax is better than not vaxxed vs omicron is anecdotal and incomplete at best (as omicron mature)

Few argue to not get vaxxed, s as the 90% rate shows. There is only one reason to quote these numbers today = politics
I was simply replying to the statement of a majority of deaths now are folks who have been vaxxed. That is going to happen anywhere vaxxed folks become a significant majority.

From discussing the current situation in the US with a medical professional this weekend, his feeling ( in his medical community ) is that between vaxxing and exposing we very well may reach herd immunity in the next month or two barring any unforeseen turn by the virus. Everybody vaxxed and boosted who hasn’t come down with symptoms has been exposed repeatedly. Many will have had an asymptomatic experience without knowing it.

I was simply replying to the statement of a majority of deaths now are folks who have been vaxxed. That is going to happen anywhere vaxxed folks become a significant majority.

From discussing the current situation in the US with a medical professional this weekend, his feeling ( in his medical community ) is that between vaxxing and exposing we very well may reach herd immunity in the next month or two barring any unforeseen turn by the virus. Everybody vaxxed and boosted who hasn’t come down with symptoms has been exposed repeatedly. Many will have had an asymptomatic experience without knowing it.

I agree with this. Interestingly, with a 90% vax rate (especially in high risk people) we still had more people die in 2021 than in 2020 (and with a vax). Plus, we really exceeded the vax goals. The CDC and NIH continue to move the goalposts. It has been a real shock to me how unprepared the scientific and medical communities were and are.

In 2013, I had to write up a "business continuity" document for a pretty big software provider. As a smart ass, I included "pandemic continuity" and sat around with our CISO brainstorming. We never thought it would be used but did it to show how smart we were. I left the company in 2014 and was told that my pandemic continuity plan was put into action (according to the CISO who called me, the detail credit goes to her). I laughed like crazy. I really had no idea what I was doing, and just made it up with CISO.

I am hopeful that March is a good month. I am planning a golf outing to Palm Springs!

Reactions: PSUEngineer89
Hospitalizations on the decline, I think the peak has been hit. Now just how fast will it go down. The 'good' part is unlike some European countries, a lot of the draconian lockdowns were not put back in place such that we don't have to wait around for the politicians to undo them.

Interesting observation....at my son's swim and dive meet the other day. It is in a swimming pool in a local high school so masking is required. At start of season, most people wore proper masks, some put them down below nose or chin, very few wore none. In early January, everybody wore masks, with some putting under nose or on chin. Last week, I would say about 33% of people had no mask and another 33% has them around their chin, so 2/3 of the people just ignoring the guideline. So pretty stark difference in that people are about done with masking.

Most people vaxxed or not are asymptomatic too and have been the last two years.

The fact there are SO MANY vaxxed dying is truly scary isn't it? I mean a vaccine that actually worked there should be no where close to the numbers of vaccinated people dying. Again in the UK its been pretty much equal percentages for months...If there was 80% vaxxed, there were 78% vaxxed deaths.

In other words "that is going to happen anywhere vaxxed folks become a significant majority." is a farce

Hospitalizations on the decline, I think the peak has been hit. Now just how fast will it go down. The 'good' part is unlike some European countries, a lot of the draconian lockdowns were not put back in place such that we don't have to wait around for the politicians to undo them.

Interesting observation....at my son's swim and dive meet the other day. It is in a swimming pool in a local high school so masking is required. At start of season, most people wore proper masks, some put them down below nose or chin, very few wore none. In early January, everybody wore masks, with some putting under nose or on chin. Last week, I would say about 33% of people had no mask and another 33% has them around their chin, so 2/3 of the people just ignoring the guideline. So pretty stark difference in that people are about done with masking.
I haven't been to a HS BB game all year where more then a very few people wore a mask.

Colleges however are still requiring them for some reason.

Omicron has been and will be a game changer. With the scientific community FINALLY admitting natural immunity is better and so many people getting Omicron, we may be on the edge of herd immunity (at least in as much as lowering COVID to normal flu status).

I am traveling today and noticed that many MANY people were double-masked in the club room. I just laughed. For the first time in a while, the flight served warm meals in first class. My club rooms started serving warm food in early December. Before that, everything was sealed and cold.

I think March will be an inflection point. One party has made freedom from COVID a big issue, the other party has seen their traction on this issue suffer. In an election year, we are going to see a massive pivot. By April, the media will pretend like it never happened.

I haven't been to a HS BB game all year where more then a very few people wore a mask.

Colleges however are still requiring them for some reason.
I watched a tOSU coaches interview for Basketball weekend before last. I got a kick out of the interviewer making a big deal out of taking precautions. while they talked, they'd show clips of the game. there, thousands of people sitting side by side screaming their heads off with the team sitting right in front of them. Most wearing cloth masks.

really funny how we've all been programmed.

I read and article stating that transmission via hard surfaces is next to impossible with covid, yet everyone is spraying and wiping like there is no tomorrow.

Reactions: bison13
Most people vaxxed or not are asymptomatic too and have been the last two years.

The fact there are SO MANY vaxxed dying is truly scary isn't it? I mean a vaccine that actually worked there should be no where close to the numbers of vaccinated people dying. Again in the UK its been pretty much equal percentages for months...If there was 80% vaxxed, there were 78% vaxxed deaths.

In other words "that is going to happen anywhere vaxxed folks become a significant majority." is a farce
you again fail to understand math. If 98% of the old and very sick are vaccinated (which is the percent), than everybody dying in that group from Covid is counted as a death. That group should have way more people dying than any other group. The vaccine is not the fountain of youth or captain america super serum. just because somebody in a nursing home that was 85 and not healthy with a 6 month life expectancy died of covid doesn't mean the vaccine doesn't work.

you continue to refuse to understand the math.

you again fail to understand math. If 98% of the old and very sick are vaccinated (which is the percent), than everybody dying in that group from Covid is counted as a death. That group should have way more people dying than any other group. The vaccine is not the fountain of youth or captain america super serum. just because somebody in a nursing home that was 85 and not healthy with a 6 month life expectancy died of covid doesn't mean the vaccine doesn't work.

you continue to refuse to understand the math.
Wow talk about making my point and not realizing it. Yep same people dying both vaxxed and unvaxxed---IT DOESN'T MATTER. That's the point. BTW more then 1/3 of deaths over 60 in the UK from the previous 3 weeks were boosted. Yep the shots working wonders, in the only population that needs it seems to be weak at best.

Wow talk about making my point and not realizing it. Yep same people dying both vaxxed and unvaxxed---IT DOESN'T MATTER. That's the point. BTW more then 1/3 of deaths over 60 in the UK from the previous 3 weeks were boosted. Yep the shots working wonders, in the only population that needs it seems to be weak at best.
there is no control group of over 65 and unvaxxed to compare to, are you that obtuse or do you try to just use your talking points. so essentially anybody over 65 right now that dies has been vaccinated, there is nobody over 65 from a statistical point of view that is NOT vaccinated. so of course only vaccianated people over 65 are dying, like saying only humans over 65 are dying and not zombies.

there is no control group of over 65 and unvaxxed to compare to, are you that obtuse or do you try to just use your talking points. so essentially anybody over 65 right now that dies has been vaccinated, there is nobody over 65 from a statistical point of view that is NOT vaccinated. so of course only vaccianated people over 65 are dying, like saying only humans over 65 are dying and not zombies.

Communicating with him is like talking to a brick wall.

Reactions: tgar
Oh really, so the medical community said to stop vaccines? Care to link this or show us which Doctors are recommending this guideline? Who are you going to for your sound medical advice? Joe Rogan? Throw it out there genius, who is your source? Doctor Tucker? My family physician was my source and I don't think anyone has stated to stop vaccines other than anti-vaxx circles.
Otherwise healthy five-year-olds are not subject to any danger from COVID whatsoever. Why would anyone with any critical thinking skills subject a five-year-old to an experimental "vaccine" for such an illness? It is lunacy, regardless of what the "medical community" recommends.

Otherwise healthy five-year-olds are not subject to any danger from COVID whatsoever. Why would anyone with any critical thinking skills subject a five-year-old to an experimental "vaccine" for such an illness? It is lunacy, regardless of what the "medical community" recommends.
It's not an experimental vaccine at this point.

Further, healthy 5 year old can still get covid -- and while they are unlikely to die (with or without vaccine) they can still have very unpleasant (and potentially long lasting) symptoms. Vaccination reduces symptom severity. There is no reason not to get vaccinated.

It's not an experimental vaccine at this point.

Further, healthy 5 year old can still get covid -- and while they are unlikely to die (with or without vaccine) they can still have very unpleasant (and potentially long lasting) symptoms. Vaccination reduces symptom severity. There is no reason not to get vaccinated.
i disagree with that statement.

if you already had covid with natural antibodies, then getting vaccinated provides very minimal (if any) additional protection and the medium/long term effects of the vaccine are not known so the vaccine to me appears to be the more riskier choice.

if you are a child, the questions would be that do you think the medium/long term effects of getting covid if you are unvaccinated are any different than if you are vaccinated. Who cares about the short term sickness aspect as that is relatively rare for children anyway statistically speaking and having the sniffles and some aching for a couple of days is not a reason to get a vaccine. And now that with the current variants the vaccine does not prevent infection like it did with the original variant, that benefit is no longer relevant.

So there are legitimate medical and scientific risk/reward scenarios that have to be thought through where 'just get the jab' does not appear to be the correct least risky answer.

i disagree with that statement.

if you already had covid with natural antibodies, then getting vaccinated provides very minimal (if any) additional protection and the medium/long term effects of the vaccine are not known so the vaccine to me appears to be the more riskier choice.

if you are a child, the questions would be that do you think the medium/long term effects of getting covid if you are unvaccinated are any different than if you are vaccinated. Who cares about the short term sickness aspect as that is relatively rare for children anyway statistically speaking and having the sniffles and some aching for a couple of days is not a reason to get a vaccine. And now that with the current variants the vaccine does not prevent infection like it did with the original variant, that benefit is no longer relevant.

So there are legitimate medical and scientific risk/reward scenarios that have to be thought through where 'just get the jab' does not appear to be the correct least risky answer.
I disagree with your assessment. But you are free to parent the way you want to parent.

The science shows that there is negligible risk from the vaccine and that is does reduce symptom severity. I wouldn't want to roll the dice on that, but you do you.

• Haha
I disagree with your assessment. But you are free to parent the way you want to parent.

The science shows that there is negligible risk from the vaccine and that is does reduce symptom severity. I wouldn't want to roll the dice on that, but you do you.
the risk factor of the vaccine is only known for 2 years and less with children. Nobody knows what that risk looks like at 5 years or 10 years or 25 years.

the risk factor of the vaccine is only known for 2 years and less with children. Nobody knows what that risk looks like at 5 years or 10 years or 25 years.

Is this any different than not knowing the long-term risk factors of getting covid for this age group?

Reactions: PSU2UNC
Is this any different than not knowing the long-term risk factors of getting covid for this age group?
no. that is what I said has to be viewed in the lens of risk/reward. long term risk of vaccine versus long term risk of covid. When the initial vaccine came out and it stopped infection at 90% rate, than I think that vaccine made sense for most people. But now that the vaccine is not effective against infection, I think that equation can shift away from vaccination for potentially healthy people under 40.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT