ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

When my dad got covid he was in an in patient rehab recovering from his stroke. He didn't show up with covid. He was there for over a month as were other patients and then one by one they all got covid. Why? Someone or multiple people brought it in, likely an employee, and breathed probably for a couple of days to a week of 8 hour shifts until there was enough virus per million air molecules to overcome the immune system of one of the patients.

Then the patient who now had covid breathed virus 24/7 continuing to increase the viral density as very low percentage of air was being exchanged with the outside in their shared ventilation environment. So another and then another patient tested positive until most of them did. Not one of them showed up to the rehab center with covid. Most of them eventually tested positive. If any of them died, they would have been coded as a covid death. But complications of their stroke or brain injuries would have been the real reason. It would be perfectly correlated with 2 to 3 weeks after covid cases peaked in our general population. Dad was fine by the way and is still improving with outpatient therapy.

The same thing occurred with my grandmother in an assisted living home twice. A worker, guest, or likely multiple workers brought covid into their low ventilation environment which they breathed in 24/7 and covid spread like wildfire. She tested positive on 2 separate occasions timed with the peaks of covid cases in our general population. At age 90, she fought it off twice relatively easily. Unfortunately this assisted living community lost dozens of elderly residents that were coded covid. The residents didn't have a chance as many were pretty much going to pass within months regardless. But covid finished them off at the ages and many with a multitude of comorbidities.

Now think about hospitalizations. These people can show up for any reason and many life threatening. Then they are housed 24/7 in a shared ventilation environment with only a certain small percentage of rooms having adequate exchange with outside air to call them covid rooms. So the same process occurs in inpatient hospitalizations as above.

If the covid case rate in the general population surges, there is a significant probability of workers or inbound patients bringing covid into a shared ventilation environment in which patients reside 24/7 and breath 24/7 whatever viral load has built up there and not been exchanged with outside air.

A high percentage of patients breathing high viral loads 24/7 will test positive usually within a few days at most regardless of the reasons they were admitted. Then on a 2 to 3 week delay from the surge in covid cases amongst the general population, you will see many deaths of patients in these 24/7 shared ventilation environments.

Did covid kill them? Or was it that they were hospitalized for life threatening reasons and then acquired a covid infection while battling their reasons for admittance to the hospital? What do you think the hospitals coded their death as? Heart disease? Cancer? Lung disease? Or did they code them as covid and pocket tens of thousands of dollars at a time when most of their revenue generating procedures were suspended because of their covid policies?

I've shared the experience of my own mother here many pages back. She fought cancer for 15 years and passed in April. A year and a half ago as cancer really began kicking her butt, she was admitted to the hospital with double pneumonia likely as a side effect of weakened immune system and some of her medications which made her prone to those things. When she was admitted, she tested negative for covid but had similar symptoms. So they forced her to a covid room with high ventilation (very cold, loud from ventilation equipment, a nurse came in 4 times every 24 hours, etc.). Well she didn't have use of her left arm because a tumor on her brachial plexus had killed off the nerves down that limb. And her right arm had IVs it in and was somewhat restrained.

For 2 days until the had results of a 2nd negative test, she had to stay in this covid room unable to even scratch an itch or ask for help or communicate with anyone including her family. She was convinced that she would die there, alone, and never see or hear from her family again.

But when that 2nd negative test showed up, she went back to general population and was allowed one visitor. Had she died in that covid room, negative, but with similar symptoms, what do you think that hospital would have coded her? I can tell you that she refused to ever set foot in a hospital again because the covid experience was that traumatic and she didn't even have it.

My point is that there is a very simple reason for the correlation of excess deaths and covid cases amongst the population. The reason is science. Probability of infections increases. Viral load increases in shared ventilation environments including the most vulnerable in nursing homes and hospitals. The most vulnerable in those environments are breathing high viral loads 24/7 no matter why they were admitted or reside there. Many of the most vulnerable test positive a few days later and due to their vulnerabilities a reasonably high percentage die within 2 to 3 weeks.

Did they die of covid? They tested positive and were coded covid deaths. But a very high percentage of them were dying of something else and then tested positive or were extremely weakened and then covid came along and finished the job.

All of the covid statistics bear this age and multiple comorbidities correlation out. The science of how viruses are propagated tells us shared ventilation environments are the highest probability of mass propagation. The shared ventilation environments also house our most vulnerable.

We all know that Covid was only picking off the old and frail.

It seems like you are agreeing that they died because of Covid, even if their average additional life expectancy was only 24 months more or so Until Covid got them.

We all know that Covid was only picking off the old and frail.

It seems like you are agreeing that they died because of Covid, even if their average additional life expectancy was only 24 months more or so Until Covid got them.
No. A portion did. I'm not saying that covid didn't exist. But many died of whatever admitted them to the hospital before they picked up covid in the hospital.

Nursing homes were the early dry tinder for excess deaths and continue to an extent. Negative impacts of shutdowns and in particular becoming a covid-only medical system overnight created new dry tinder.

It is probable (and the American heart association and American cancer associations back it up) that well over a million heart disease and cancer diagnosis didn't not occur or did very much delayed (which greatly decreases positive outcomes) due to the COVID-only medical system. I have personally lost multiple friends age 50 and under during this period that were not diagnosed. Some died without a covid diagnosis and some died with covid but from sudden heart failure.

These are your excess deaths to go along with an aging population that wasn't getting regular medical screening and care for 2 years. Plus, you know that half a dozen democrat governors including Wolf in PA required nursing homes to accept still covid infectious recovering patients by public health order. Those decisions were mass premeditated murder.

Reactions: john4psu
No. A portion did. I'm not saying that covid didn't exist. But many died of whatever admitted them to the hospital before they picked up covid in the hospital.

Nursing homes were the early dry tinder for excess deaths and continue to an extent. Negative impacts of shutdowns and in particular becoming a covid-only medical system overnight created new dry tinder.

It is probable (and the American heart association and American cancer associations back it up) that well over a million heart disease and cancer diagnosis didn't not occur or did very much delayed (which greatly decreases positive outcomes) due to the COVID-only medical system. I have personally lost multiple friends age 50 and under during this period that were not diagnosed. Some died without a covid diagnosis and some died with covid but from sudden heart failure.

These are your excess deaths to go along with an aging population that wasn't getting regular medical screening and care for 2 years. Plus, you know that half a dozen democrat governors including Wolf in PA required nursing homes to accept still covid infectious recovering patients by public health order. Those decisions were mass premeditated murder.
If a substantial portion of excess deaths were due to failed diagnoses of cancer or heart disease, what would we see?

We would see a general increase in excess deaths, week after week. Cancer doesn’t kill people in big spikes in June, then recede, then surge again in Dec. Not does heart disease.

Those diseases (and all non infectious diseases) kill steadily.

I don’t dispute that some deaths due to poor medical care happened, just that it was too small to be the primary driver of excess deaths.

If a substantial portion of excess deaths were due to failed diagnoses of cancer or heart disease, what would we see?

We would see a general increase in excess deaths, week after week. Cancer doesn’t kill people in big spikes in June, then recede, then surge again in Dec. Not does heart disease.

Those diseases (and all non infectious diseases) kill steadily.

I don’t dispute that some deaths due to poor medical care happened, just that it was too small to be the primary driver of excess deaths.
There was a nursing home near here that had a bunch of people die after a patient from NY transferred in. I don't remember the exact count but it was at least in the teens. Our coroner said these people would have died had they caught the common cold. Now we can all agree that the common cold apparently is a lot more preventable then Covid. So Covid came into the home and spread quickly. These "dry tinder" folks weren't dying on ventilators or whatever the classic covid way to die is. They just passed, the same way they would have if they caught a cold and their immune system was weak. So if this is argument is they died "of" covid, then you also have to start coding every death of with the common cold and I'll agree with your argument. But that is not how its ever been done.

No. A portion is due to covid or covid finishing the job a little early. I think we generally disagree on the proportion of covid coded deaths that are covid as a primary or significant cause. I believe a very statistically significant number of covid coded deaths are simply with covid coincidentally and with covid being ancillary or inconsequential to the cause of death.

So the excess deaths historically and projected are oscillatory with maxima coinciding with winter when many causes of death for millenia tax our systems more. For covid, there are a couple of secondary and much smaller maxima that show up in the summer as you note which correlates to the relative impact of covid both in terms of time and magnitude. It is essentially when people are escaping the heat in doors in shared ventilation.

Though you will note that amplitude of the excess death maxima in the winter is maybe 50% higher than the amplitude of the secondary maxima in the summers. https:/www.usmortality.com

This tells us that maybe 50% of the covid coded deaths are actually due to covid as that magnitude shows up in all maxima that are present summer or winter. However the winter maxima have about twice as many excess deaths as summer maxima. Why? Approximately 50% of amplitude increase of winter maxima is due to covid and 50% is due to ALL OTHER variables that we have changed which I suspect is dominated by the covid-only medical approach that left people undiagnosed and untreated for early symptoms of the causes of death that naturally were more prevalent during the winter maxima for millenia. They were just coded covid because they acquired covid or had covid like symptoms after being admitted and breathing high viral density in a hospital due to shared ventilation.

Reactions: Ski
No. A portion is due to covid or covid finishing the job a little early. I think we generally disagree on the proportion of covid coded deaths that are covid as a primary or significant cause. I believe a very statistically significant number of covid coded deaths are simply with covid coincidentally and with covid being ancillary or inconsequential to the cause of death.

So the excess deaths historically and projected are oscillatory with maxima coinciding with winter when many causes of death for millenia tax our systems more. For covid, there are a couple of secondary and much smaller maxima that show up in the summer as you note which correlates to the relative impact of covid both in terms of time and magnitude. It is essentially when people are escaping the heat in doors in shared ventilation.

Though you will note that amplitude of the excess death maxima in the winter is maybe 50% higher than the amplitude of the secondary maxima in the summers. https:/www.usmortality.com

This tells us that maybe 50% of the covid coded deaths are actually due to covid as that magnitude shows up in all maxima that are present summer or winter. However the winter maxima have about twice as many excess deaths as summer maxima. Why? Approximately 50% of amplitude increase of winter maxima is due to covid and 50% is due to ALL OTHER variables that we have changed which I suspect is dominated by the covid-only medical approach that left people undiagnosed and untreated for early symptoms of the causes of death that naturally were more prevalent during the winter maxima for millenia. They were just coded covid because they acquired covid or had covid like symptoms after being admitted and breathing high viral density in a hospital due to shared ventilation.
If it were true that Covid wasn’t the cause, then the excess deaths would have been steadily higher than average, not spiky.

Heart disease, cancer, vaccine reactions would all be non-cyclical.

Only a transmissible disease shows spikes and declines followed by more spikes and declines.

Take undiagnosed heart disease and try to explain why there were excess heart disease deaths in Nov and Dec of 2020, followed by none in March and April of 2021, followed by more heart disease deaths in June/July 2021.

If it were true that Covid wasn’t the cause, then the excess deaths would have been steadily higher than average, not spiky.

Heart disease, cancer, vaccine reactions would all be non-cyclical.

Only a transmissible disease shows spikes and declines followed by more spikes and declines.

Take undiagnosed heart disease and try to explain why there were excess heart disease deaths in Nov and Dec of 2020, followed by none in March and April of 2021, followed by more heart disease deaths in June/July 2021.
Other leading all cause death diseases are somewhat cyclical. There is a reason why the all cause deaths oscillated for millenia with maxima in winter when the body is taxed due to cold exposures, confinement indoors, or more sedentary behavior among other changes. I'm sure that you see this natural oscillation in all cause deaths well beyond covid years. It's always existed.

Also, if you reread my explanation above, I do not attribute the much smaller secondary maxima in all cause deaths in the last couple of summers to heart disease and other leading causes of death. I specifically said that this much smaller maxima in those couple of summers is likely the true impact of covid. And this true impact extrapolates to about the same magnitude during the much higher maxima in winters with the excess above that being the amplification of heart disease and other leading all cause deaths that do naturally have maxima in the winter and explains why the winter maxima of excess deaths during covid is at least twice as high as summer. If you would like I can draw this on a graphical overlay of all cause and excess deaths so that you can more easily understand it.

Other leading all cause death diseases are somewhat cyclical. There is a reason why the all cause deaths oscillated for millenia with maxima in winter when the body is taxed due to cold exposures, confinement indoors, or more sedentary behavior among other changes. I'm sure that you see this natural oscillation in all cause deaths well beyond covid years. It's always existed.

Also, if you reread my explanation above, I do not attribute the much smaller secondary maxima in all cause deaths in the last couple of summers to heart disease and other leading causes of death. I specifically said that this much smaller maxima in those couple of summers is likely the true impact of covid. And this true impact extrapolates to about the same magnitude during the much higher maxima in winters with the excess above that being the amplification of heart disease and other leading all cause deaths that do naturally have maxima in the winter and explains why the winter maxima of excess deaths during covid is at least twice as high as summer. If you would like I can draw this on a graphical overlay of all cause and excess deaths so that you can more easily understand it.
Yea, please graph it.

You know my excess death curve includes the typical yearly summer and winter death oscillation?

Yea, please graph it.

You know my exceswos death curve includes the typical yearly summer and winter death oscillation?

Would gladly do that. I have the image on my phone but cannot get it to paste here. Copy, paste, nothing happens. Also tried uploading to imgur to use the image link but apparently this site doesn't like imgur.

Would gladly do that. I have the image on my phone but cannot get it to paste here. Copy, paste, nothing happens. Also tried uploading to imgur to use the image link but apparently this site doesn't like imgur.
I post a zillion snips. Procedure below:

A. Use the "snipping tool" to take a snip.
B. Save it on your hard drive. C:/Desktop/SomeFolder/SubFolder/WhateverYouWanted.PNG
C. Open the website: https://postimages.org/
D. Make the obvious selections on that website (And they really are very, very obvious).
E. Copy the link that describes the image, shown highlighted as example below.

Post-Image-Instructions-I.png

F. Paste that https.......// in the INSERT IMAGE icon on this forum (don't use the link, use image).

Who is deciding the "amplification" noted there? Provide a link to the source of the graph. As @PSUEngineer89 has noted, cancers, lung disease, and heart disease don't react that way.
Wrong. It does. Winter mortality and its causes

From the National Library of Medicine article, "Following the recent decline in influenza epidemics, approximately half of the excess winter deaths are due to coronary thrombosis. These peak about two days after the peak of a cold spell. Approximately half the remaining winter deaths are caused by respiratory disease, and these peak about 12 days after peak cold."

It goes on to explain further but this is from the abstract.

The graph is US mortality

Last edited:
Wrong. It does. Winter mortality and its causes

From the National Library of Medicine article, "Following the recent decline in influenza epidemics, approximately half of the excess winter deaths are due to coronary thrombosis. These peak about two days after the peak of a cold spell. Approximately half the remaining winter deaths are caused by respiratory disease, and these peak about 12 days after peak cold."

It goes on to explain further but this is from the abstract.

I said "react," how would the rate of change be explained in the last three winters? Again, who decided to put those red markings for amplification on your graph, provide a link or it's meaningless.

I said "react," how would the rate of change be explained in the last three winters? Again, who decided to put those red markings for amplification on your graph, provide a link or it's meaningless.
I explained that above in multiple posts on this page of the thread. I added the markings to better explain the portion of excess deaths that were actually due to covid to our resident engineer. The markings explain why summer excess death maxima are repeatedly only about half of winter excess death maxima during covid.

As previously noted, I'm a retired physics laboratory director for one of if not the most difficult universities to get into in the country. Analysis of data was a significant part of my duties. And your statement about heart and lung diseases not working as I described is completely in conflict with medical research and current theory as I linked above.

I explained that above in multiple posts on this page of the thread. I added the markings to better explain the portion of excess deaths that were actually due to covid to our resident engineer. The markings explain why summer excess death maxima are repeatedly only about half of winter excess death maxima during covid.

As previously noted, I'm a retired physics laboratory director for one of if not the most difficult universities to get into in the country. Analysis of data was a significant part of my duties. And your statement about heart and lung diseases not working as I described is completely in conflict with medical research and current theory as I linked above.
Your theory cannot be disproved, but the simplest explanation is that it really is mostly Covid.

As Feynman says, “It is scientific to talk about more likely and less likely.“

Got it... it's just your opinion. Cancers would take time to react.... what are they reacting to the last three winters anyway??

Your theory cannot be disproved, but the simplest explanation is that it really is mostly Covid.

As Feynman says, “It is scientific to talk about more likely and less likely.“
I strongly disagree. The simplest conclusion is that covid has approximately the same magnitude impact with each outbreak, not that for some reason it is repeatedly always twice as impactful every winter.

Further, for covid to have double the impact every winter such that all excess deaths are in fact caused by covid, 1) ALL other variables would need to be held constant AND 2) the normal oscillatory behavior of all cause deaths would have to remain perfectly unimpacted by shutdowns, no longer diagnosing as many as a million heart disease, cancer, and lung diseases AND 3) we have to assume 0 systematic error introduced by offering medical facilities tens of thousands and families ten thousand to code as covid and 0 to code all non-covid. If we are analyzing probability, all 3 of these conditions being met is highly improbable.

Got it... it's just your opinion. Cancers would take time to react.... what are they reacting to the last three winters anyway??
Cancers are not the primary driver as you attempt to ignore all of the other information and focus on a red herring. Did you read the medical research article? You would know that coronary thrombosis and respiratory disease is the primary driver of the winter maxima.

And what I have stated is both backed by medical research and clearly discernable in the posted data.

You have already posted very emphatically and diametrically opposed to current medical research which tells me that you do not really understand the discussion. The engineer and I disagree on the degree of covid impact and he can articulate his position. You not so much. If you can articulate your position and why then feel free to join the discussion.

Cancers are not the primary driver as you attempt to ignore all of the other information and focus on a red herring. Did you read the medical research article? You would know that coronary thrombosis and respiratory disease is the primary driver of the winter maxima.

And what I have stated is both backed by medical research and clearly discernable in the posted data.

You have already posted very emphatically and diametrically opposed to current medical research which tells me that you do not really understand the discussion. The engineer and I disagree on the degree of covid impact and he can articulate his position. You not so much. If you can articulate your position and why then feel free to join the discussion.

Keep posting unsupported opinions. I don't really need to articulate a position, I just like poking holes in yours.

Keep posting unsupported opinions. I don't really need to articulate a position, I just like poking holes in yours.
Yes, apparently by posting strong convictions that are 180 degrees from medical science. Have a good evening.

Yes, apparently by posting strong convictions that are 180 degrees from medical science. Have a good evening.

Pure nonsense, you have a reading comprehension problem.

You pull out a graph, put some random markings on it and we're supposed to believe it because of how wicked smart you claim to be. Get real.

Speaking of pure nonsense, I am in Canada today having flown in last night. I was "randomly selected" to get a COVID test:

• I take off from the USA to Canada only to learn we have to wear masks for the 3.5-hour flight
  • FA tells us we are the lucky ones as this restriction ends Friday
  • Goes on to say masks are required in trains and airplanes but noplace else (busses, public locations, etc.)
  • I arrive in CA and hustle to get through immigration and customers: No Problems
  • I get to the hotel and see that CA notified me that I have been randomly selected to get a COVID test and to go to someplace in the airport to get tested. I am not 45 minutes away from the airport
  • Another option is to get a test locally. I have no transportation. But I do find a place that gives you the self-test.
  • After filling out 7 multi-page requests, with all of the same information (name, home addy, addy in CA, Registration number, flights in and out, email registration number, home assessment number, and test kit number) I finally have a Zoom appointment to shove a swab down my nose and send it in
  • I leave at 7 am Wednesday morning, before they get the results
  • The entire program is done Friday so if I had come in next week, none of this would be necessary.

Speaking of pure nonsense, I am in Canada today having flown in last night. I was "randomly selected" to get a COVID test:

• I take off from the USA to Canada only to learn we have to wear masks for the 3.5-hour flight
  • FA tells us we are the lucky ones as this restriction ends Friday
  • Goes on to say masks are required in trains and airplanes but noplace else (busses, public locations, etc.)
  • I arrive in CA and hustle to get through immigration and customers: No Problems
  • I get to the hotel and see that CA notified me that I have been randomly selected to get a COVID test and to go to someplace in the airport to get tested. I am not 45 minutes away from the airport
  • Another option is to get a test locally. I have no transportation. But I do find a place that gives you the self-test.
  • After filling out 7 multi-page requests, with all of the same information (name, home addy, addy in CA, Registration number, flights in and out, email registration number, home assessment number, and test kit number) I finally have a Zoom appointment to shove a swab down my nose and send it in
  • I leave at 7 am Wednesday morning, before they get the results
  • The entire program is done Friday so if I had come in next week, none of this would be necessary.
My nephew has a hockey tournament in Niagara Falls the third weekend in November, and my brother, nephew and I are planning to go to Toronto to see the Maple Leafs-Sabres game while we're up there. I haven't been to Canada since October 2019, and I'm hoping not to face the issues that you faced.

My nephew has a hockey tournament in Niagara Falls the third weekend in November, and my brother, nephew and I are planning to go to Toronto to see the Maple Leafs-Sabres game while we're up there. I haven't been to Canada since October 2019, and I'm hoping not to face the issues that you faced.
they are supposed to end October 1st

Update for this week same as last week. Gradual reduction in both new hospital admissions and deaths at the same rate as previous.

The bad news is that the UK is now seeing another uptick in cases (and typically USA follows the UK by a few weeks). Main uptick is in the 0-17 age range, ie...the kids going back to school and now you see that being transferred to other age ranges as they infect their parents. Appears to still be the BA5 variant so at least there is not some new omicron BAx variant out there that is starting all over. But still not good news that we could be seeing another spike as I would have figured with the amount of people exposed to Omicron that we would be at herd immunity by now. Be interesting to see if we see the same spike here in the USA or not as although we have trailed the UK, our BA5 spike was nowhere near the same magnitude as their BA5 spike so maybe we have a greater level of community natural immunity.

Update for this week same as last week. Gradual reduction in both new hospital admissions and deaths at the same rate as previous.

The bad news is that the UK is now seeing another uptick in cases (and typically USA follows the UK by a few weeks). Main uptick is in the 0-17 age range, ie...the kids going back to school and now you see that being transferred to other age ranges as they infect their parents. Appears to still be the BA5 variant so at least there is not some new omicron BAx variant out there that is starting all over. But still not good news that we could be seeing another spike as I would have figured with the amount of people exposed to Omicron that we would be at herd immunity by now. Be interesting to see if we see the same spike here in the USA or not as although we have trailed the UK, our BA5 spike was nowhere near the same magnitude as their BA5 spike so maybe we have a greater level of community natural immunity.
I'm pretty sure Biden said the quiet part outloud.

Just spoke with my dad's very liberal mid-60 year old neighbors outside. They just got covid a week ago while traveling and are out doing yard work. Wasn't a big deal to them to travel or to test positive. They are over it in more ways than one. I didn't ask if they wanted their last 2 years back.

My cousin that's a nurse who was freaking out the last 2 years about how dangerous covid is, well she's taking another vacation this year, in Vegas right now. They're done with it.

Just spoke with my dad's very liberal mid-60 year old neighbors outside. They just got covid a week ago while traveling and are out doing yard work. Wasn't a big deal to them to travel or to test positive. They are over it in more ways than one. I didn't ask if they wanted their last 2 years back.

My cousin that's a nurse who was freaking out the last 2 years about how dangerous covid is, well she's taking another vacation this year, in Vegas right now. They're done with it.
Do you remind them of their previous insanity?

Do you remind them of their previous insanity?
Would love to but these are not relationships that would withstand that. I want dad's neighbors to remain friendly and my cousin and I hadn't spoken for over a year after her initial meltdown on my FB post early in covid when it became obvious that shutdowns and masking were not effective. So I'm sure they know my positions and likely the hypocrisy of their own.

Reactions: bison13

I am done with Covid as is about everybody I know, but that doesn't mean it is done. Hell, Joe Biden is using Covid as the impetus to relieve billions in debt. There are still emergency rules in place giving politicians unlimited power. Many school districts had masking in place the start of THIS SCHOOL YEAR. PSU threatened to go back to masking if students didn't comply. So COvid is still being used as a very large stick.

My point is that I was hoping that with all the Omicron out there, that true herd immunity had finally been reached through natural infection. That we would see Covid numbers continue to decrease in both infections and deaths to the point where at the end of this year the numbers were so low that everybody agreed it was done because it was actually done. If we have another wave of Covid, that will just allow all those people out there that don't want to let it go for whatever reason they are holding onto to it, to continue to say that we have to stay with Covid policies in place to the point where it becomes never ending.

• Sad
Reactions: The Spin Meister
I am done with Covid as is about everybody I know, but that doesn't mean it is done. Hell, Joe Biden is using Covid as the impetus to relieve billions in debt. There are still emergency rules in place giving politicians unlimited power. Many school districts had masking in place the start of THIS SCHOOL YEAR. PSU threatened to go back to masking if students didn't comply. So COvid is still being used as a very large stick.

My point is that I was hoping that with all the Omicron out there, that true herd immunity had finally been reached through natural infection. That we would see Covid numbers continue to decrease in both infections and deaths to the point where at the end of this year the numbers were so low that everybody agreed it was done because it was actually done. If we have another wave of Covid, that will just allow all those people out there that don't want to let it go for whatever reason they are holding onto to it, to continue to say that we have to stay with Covid policies in place to the point where it becomes never ending.
Perhaps but there comes a time when irrational power is continued to be forced on the people when enough people understand that those powers are unjustified that the people resist. We are pretty much there.

Even liberals are done with draconian measures. College kids are simply ignoring the universities and not testing even when they have it. They know it isn't a real threat to them. I'd love to see those hanging on to their unjustified powers try to enforce lockdowns again. That would be entertaining. They might get tarred and feathered publicly.

What interesting is, there has not been a new variant since last December---sub variants yes but not a new one that they've even brought up.

Oh and now there is this:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT