ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

medium covid! God-dang MEDIUM COVID!!!

man, they just keep going and going and going on this stuff

main-qimg-fef80abe37be8754b61bbfd4024a391c

Reminds me of the space balls bit about merchandising, where the real money from the movie is made, ... space balls the t shirt, space balls the breakfast cereal, space balls the flame thrower!

We have covid, long covid, medium covid, covid the flame thrower!

Last edited:
There is more to it than that. The ventilation occurred at a pressure that was damaging infected lung tissue. Medical experts later agreed that a pressure provided by a common CPAP was the appropriate pressure for the more susceptible infected lungs. Ventilators actively damaged the lungs of covid patients. Ventilators weren't just not helpful, they were accelerating the decline and contributing to the killing mechanism.
This discussion demands more focus on the suppression of early treatment and the selection of Remdesivir as the only approved course of treatment. Remdesivir is the reason patients needed ventilators in the first place.

Reactions: Ski and bison13
This discussion demands more focus on the suppression of early treatment and the selection of Remdesivir as the only approved course of treatment. Remdesivir is the reason patients needed ventilators in the first place.
Lots of wrong to go around but remdesivir as a covid treatment and ventilators were different timeframes and therefore unrelated.

Lots of wrong to go around but remdesivir as a covid treatment and ventilators were different timeframes and therefore unrelated.
Remdesivir causes renal issues that lead to pulmonary edema. That’s why the vents are ordered in the first place. Remdesivir is a death sentence.

So looking at the data. New hospital admissions 7 day is at 3,268. Still coming down but at a slower pace of reduction then in the past. Were average 10% week of week reduction and now down to only 4% lower than last week. Anectdotally one guy in our office got covid and another person's kid got covid. So still around. Simirialy the fatality rate week over week reduction is also slowing down. Latest value is 338 per day. Looking at the death by age chart, statistically 99% of people dying are over 75+ age, all other lines are at the 0 mark on the chart.

Good news in the UK, which has the best data, where they had a slight increase in cases that started in early Septemember, that increase already seems to be leveling off and was only 33% the peak of the previous covid waves.

So looks like that Covid cases will continue to decrease over time as herd immunity due to natural infection looks to finally be happening.

On my favorite topic, was flying last week and this week. Just shocked on the amount of masks I saw in the airport and on the plane. I estimate maybe 15% of people had masks on. So from what I am seeing, I am adding one more type of person to the previous list of 3 majors:

1. Old people. See a lot of elderly people with masks on. Cannot blame them for being careful.

2. Asians and Black people. I would say over 50% of the black people I saw in the airport and on the plane were wearing masks. Next to Asians, by far the demographic with the most mask wearing.

3. Hipsters. Wearing them for social reasons. Best one was the guy in line at the coffee kiosk this morning in the terminal. Hipster wearing his vans, Tshirt so he could show off his tattoo arm sleeve that had just been started, backwards cap, low hanging jeans, and the dude had a large beard. So he is wearing a cotton mask over a huge beard. I almost asked him what he thought the cotton mask over his beard was doing for him.

4. My new category. Hypochondriac and germ phobes. Flight attendant on the plane was wearing a mask. So the bell rings for everybody to put away their laptops and put the tray tables in their upright and locked positions. So after I am done, I hop up quick to goto the bathroom. The flight attendant (the one wearing the mask) is up in the galley and I watch him take out his sanitizer bottle out of a zip lock bag and proceed to put a generous portion on his hands and rub them vigoursly. After he is done, he puts another big squirt on his hands and does it all over again. So when I now see your average non-hipster, non-old person wearing a mask, I think it is because they were also germaphobes/hypochondriac and that the ability to wear a mask just feeds into that.

So looking at the data. New hospital admissions 7 day is at 3,268. Still coming down but at a slower pace of reduction then in the past. Were average 10% week of week reduction and now down to only 4% lower than last week. Anectdotally one guy in our office got covid and another person's kid got covid. So still around. Simirialy the fatality rate week over week reduction is also slowing down. Latest value is 338 per day. Looking at the death by age chart, statistically 99% of people dying are over 75+ age, all other lines are at the 0 mark on the chart.

Good news in the UK, which has the best data, where they had a slight increase in cases that started in early Septemember, that increase already seems to be leveling off and was only 33% the peak of the previous covid waves.

So looks like that Covid cases will continue to decrease over time as herd immunity due to natural infection looks to finally be happening.

On my favorite topic, was flying last week and this week. Just shocked on the amount of masks I saw in the airport and on the plane. I estimate maybe 15% of people had masks on. So from what I am seeing, I am adding one more type of person to the previous list of 3 majors:

1. Old people. See a lot of elderly people with masks on. Cannot blame them for being careful.

2. Asians and Black people. I would say over 50% of the black people I saw in the airport and on the plane were wearing masks. Next to Asians, by far the demographic with the most mask wearing.

3. Hipsters. Wearing them for social reasons. Best one was the guy in line at the coffee kiosk this morning in the terminal. Hipster wearing his vans, Tshirt so he could show off his tattoo arm sleeve that had just been started, backwards cap, low hanging jeans, and the dude had a large beard. So he is wearing a cotton mask over a huge beard. I almost asked him what he thought the cotton mask over his beard was doing for him.

4. My new category. Hypochondriac and germ phobes. Flight attendant on the plane was wearing a mask. So the bell rings for everybody to put away their laptops and put the tray tables in their upright and locked positions. So after I am done, I hop up quick to goto the bathroom. The flight attendant (the one wearing the mask) is up in the galley and I watch him take out his sanitizer bottle out of a zip lock bag and proceed to put a generous portion on his hands and rub them vigoursly. After he is done, he puts another big squirt on his hands and does it all over again. So when I now see your average non-hipster, non-old person wearing a mask, I think it is because they were also germaphobes/hypochondriac and that the ability to wear a mask just feeds into that.

So looking at the data. New hospital admissions 7 day is at 3,180. Still coming down but very slowly. Anectdotally heard of a couple people in another office who got covid. So the only slight, slight decline makes sense to me based on general observations. Simirialy the fatality rate week over week reduction is also slowing down. Latest value is 321 per day.

UK data still holding steady, so again no sign of a spike but also not going down yet either.

On a worse note in some sense, where BA4/5 were 98%+ of the infection since Aug 1st, we now are starting to see BA2.75 which is now at 5% and "other" which is now at 10%. So basically there are other variants now accounting for 15% of cases and rising fast. This is most likely the reason for the cases holding steady and not going down as these other variants are now evading some form of natural immunity from previous infections.

So looking at the data. New hospital admissions 7 day is at 3,180. Still coming down but very slowly. Anectdotally heard of a couple people in another office who got covid. So the only slight, slight decline makes sense to me based on general observations. Simirialy the fatality rate week over week reduction is also slowing down. Latest value is 321 per day.

UK data still holding steady, so again no sign of a spike but also not going down yet either.

On a worse note in some sense, where BA4/5 were 98%+ of the infection since Aug 1st, we now are starting to see BA2.75 which is now at 5% and "other" which is now at 10%. So basically there are other variants now accounting for 15% of cases and rising fast. This is most likely the reason for the cases holding steady and not going down as these other variants are now evading some form of natural immunity from previous infections.
I think the positive sign is we are still talking about BA and not a new variant. Which I find odd. Omicron is pushing a year old and nothing new has popped up. Well except at Boston U

I think the positive sign is we are still talking about BA and not a new variant. Which I find odd. Omicron is pushing a year old and nothing new has popped up. Well except at Boston U
in addition, it appears that as the Omicron variants have migrated from the original through BA-2, and BA-4, and BA-5 that they seem to get less virulent as they progress. So another good sign that even though variants keep coming, they are not any worse then the last one.

Ultimately I think what we are going to see (and have seen in 2021 and 2022) is that the average age of death is going to decrease (after increasing for the past multiple centuries) as basically old and sick people are going to die 6 to 24 months before they would have over the past couple of decades.

in addition, it appears that as the Omicron variants have migrated from the original through BA-2, and BA-4, and BA-5 that they seem to get less virulent as they progress. So another good sign that even though variants keep coming, they are not any worse then the last one.

Ultimately I think what we are going to see (and have seen in 2021 and 2022) is that the average age of death is going to decrease (after increasing for the past multiple centuries) as basically old and sick people are going to die 6 to 24 months before they would have over the past couple of decades.
Which normally would mean we should see a drop off in total deaths in the next year. But that hasn't happened yet.

• Haha
Reactions: PSUfiji
How many times do the American people want lied to before they understand the vaccine claims are false? There was a video at one time illustrating the changing claims starting with 99 and 95 percent effective against infection.
There were many lies. Many.

But don't fall into the trap that the vaccine did NOTHING.

The amount of coordinated fraud that would be required for that to be true is significant.

Reactions: RussianEagle
Summing up...... taking the vaccine to protect others was just a big fuking lie
That's a bit too simplistic. According to this article, the approval for the vaccine did not require Pfizer to show that the vaccine helped prevent transmission. It also stands to reason that reducing COVID hospitalizations would, itself, reduce transmission. And research subsequent to Pfizer's showed that the vaccine did reduce transmission. Now, I'm not going to say there were no lies by anyone. I'm always skeptical when there's money to be made. But motive doesn't always mean guilt.

Reactions: PSUEngineer89
If I’m not mistaken the CDC added the Covid vaccine to scheduled vaccines for children. This to me is frightening.
This is correct. CDC voted to do that last week.

HOWEVER, it is up to the individual states to adopt or reject that recommendation.

Florida's DeSantis and Oz have pledged to reject that requirement.

No word out of the Fettermoron.

On the data front, the new hospital admissions has level off completely the last 2 weeks. So basically no more downward trend and just staying steady around 3250 per day.

Interestingly is appears the CDC has changed the fatality curve from daily to weekly now. That curve has also remained constant the last couple of weeks.

On the data front, the new hospital admissions has level off completely the last 2 weeks. So basically no more downward trend and just staying steady around 3250 per day.

Interestingly is appears the CDC has changed the fatality curve from daily to weekly now. That curve has also remained constant the last couple of weeks.
how much of the new cases are really flu or RSV? RSV is going crazy here in MD and I know some Dr's are saying its covid and other Drs saying rsv or flu

how much of the new cases are really flu or RSV? RSV is going crazy here in MD and I know some Dr's are saying its covid and other Drs saying rsv or flu
I'm in PA and Mrs. Waylon and I have both had, and are still battling this respiratory thing. Wife had a scheduled annual checkup w her physician yesterday and was diagnosed with pneumonia. The Dr. said she suspected RSV as it is running rampant. I am going on four weeks with it. We both already had Covid and had all the shots beforehand. This was way worse and lasted way longer. We home tested for Covid again, negative. Who the hell knows what this is but if anyone gets it I hope you love endless coughing and being up all night.

• Wow
Reactions: PSUfiji and bison13
I'm in PA and Mrs. Waylon and I have both had, and are still battling this respiratory thing. Wife had a scheduled annual checkup w her physician yesterday and was diagnosed with pneumonia. The Dr. said she suspected RSV as it is running rampant. I am going on four weeks with it. We both already had Covid and had all the shots beforehand. This was way worse and lasted way longer. We home tested for Covid again, negative. Who the hell knows what this is but if anyone gets it I hope you love endless coughing and being up all night.
Two people in our office work from home this week because sick with flu. Both myself and my son got it this week also. I rarely ever get the flu (maybe twice in the last 20 years) so must be a pretty aggresive strain for me to get sick. So really going around.

Reactions: PSUfiji
Two people in our office work from home this week because sick with flu. Both myself and my son got it this week also. I rarely ever get the flu (maybe twice in the last 20 years) so must be a pretty aggresive strain for me to get sick. So really going around.

Let me check and see if it is better for the Ds in the election for this to be Covid, or to be RSV.

Hold tight, I'll advise the current science shortly.

Let me check and see if it is better for the Ds in the election for this to be Covid, or to be RSV.

Hold tight, I'll advise the current science shortly.
I think that it might be a little too late for the corrupt PA Supreme Court to violate the PA Constitution and make up new voting rules in the next two weeks, but you never know with the hacks who are on that court and the ones who give them their marching orders.

I just hope that the voters in states like NY, Michigan, IL, Oregon, Washington, etc., hold the incumbents who were behind all of the inanity in the last two and half years accountable in two weeks. Unfortunately, I have my doubts that this will happen with a certain AG in PA who now is running for a higher office and was part of an administration that did the same to the people of PA.

It wasn't just California, but also this Commonwealth. I live in the City of Pittsburgh, and the basketball backboards at the local city park a block from my house were removed so kids couldn't go outside in fresh air and get some exercise.
I personally think that those having made these types of decisions should be sued. They had an obligation to not flip everything upside down for political reasons causing irreparable harm to millions. Some of the decisions were malicious and made zero sense.

I personally think that those having made these types of decisions should be sued. They had an obligation to not flip everything upside down for political reasons causing irreparable harm to millions. Some of the decisions were malicious and made zero sense.
Basically, it ended up being the most paranoid got their way. At least early on everyone gave in to the person with the most fear or biggest dooms day scenario. I remember get through to Rush after the 1st 30 days and talking about that. There was only one person that was giddy about continuing to shut things down at the time....Fauci.

Lets not....

So those that committed crimes against the public want us to just let it go?

Those that intentionally hurt you and your children should just be forgiven?

Those that murdered thousands of elderly in nursing homes by forcing infectious patients there by public health order should just get off scott free?

Those that took a generations once in a lifetime experiences say to just forgetaboutit?

Those that had medical personnel fired in the middle of a pandemic should just be quietly excused?

Those that destroyed 40% of existing businesses at the time for good should not be held accountable?

So those that committed crimes against the public want us to just let it go?

Those that intentionally hurt you and your children should just be forgiven?

Those that murdered thousands of elderly in nursing homes by forcing infectious patients there by public health order should just get off scott free?

Those that took a generations once in a lifetime experiences say to just forgetaboutit?

Those that had medical personnel fired in the middle of a pandemic should just be quietly excused?

Those that destroyed 40% of existing businesses at the time for good should not be held accountable?
that's about right.

Honestly, I get that the medical industry and scientists didn't have a clue. I get that they pretended to have a clue because nobody else knew either. But when the numbers caught up, they demonized people. They ruined small businesses and individuals who (correctly) refused to get vaccinated. I don't forgive them for that and never will. They were vindictive, ruthless and uncaring.

So the "amnesty" thing now makes sense. It was revealed, today, that the DOJ conspired with Google, Microsoft, Twitter and Facebook (among others) to provide a portal to censor anyone who dared not swallow the government line.

This is really, and not exaggerating, censorship. It has played out that several of the "crazy conspiracies" turned out to be correct. And in censoring the "deniers", we suffered from these foolish mandates far longer than we needed to.

that's about right.

Honestly, I get that the medical industry and scientists didn't have a clue. I get that they pretended to have a clue because nobody else knew either. But when the numbers caught up, they demonized people. They ruined small businesses and individuals who (correctly) refused to get vaccinated. I don't forgive them for that and never will. They were vindictive, ruthless and uncaring.
Despite what you said being totally true, this Commonwealth may elect one of the enforcers of these mandates as its next governor, which blows my mind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT