ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

I have watched many of his videos and agree he is excellent. Just thinking September in Italy is really early. You basically would have required an infected person from Wuhan to goto Italy in mid September. As for 100 samples to be positive, that probably takes a week of spread from ground zero to get there. Just timing seems really fast. If he said October, would make more sense to me.
I happened to be in Northern Italy for about 10 days in September 2019 with my wife. We spent the last couple of days of our trip in Venice, and I remember a large cruise ship there with a lot of Chinese tourists on it. Venice was full of Asian folks during that timeframe. My wife and I never got sick during or immediately after that trip, but it always made me wonder if one of the sources of the initial COVID outbreak in Italy came from that ship.

I happened to be in Northern Italy for about 10 days in September 2019 with my wife. We spent the last couple of days of our trip in Venice, and I remember a large cruise ship there with a lot of Chinese tourists on it. Venice was full of Asian folks during that timeframe. My wife and I never got sick during or immediately after that trip, but it always made me wonder if one of the sources of the initial COVID outbreak in Italy came from that ship.
italy got hit hard because A) many of the top designers in Milan are owned by Chinese companies B) Chinese love designer stuff. So tons of Chinese got to Italy, load up on stuff, and take it home. Italy was hit with COVID before they even knew what happened and this is what led to the Admin baring direct flights from China in Feb of 2019

Reactions: The Spin Meister
yet somehow, there have been more deaths since the vaccine was released than before.

That thinking is pretty easy to prove wrong.

Looking at equal lengths of time, from the end of March 2020 to the end of March 2021, and from the end of March 2021 to the end of March 2022 you had ~575k deaths and ~31 million cases compared to ~425k deaths and ~50 million cases or less than HALF the death rate at 1.85% compared to 0.85%.

March 2021 is a reasonable point to end/start, it allows for a two-dose vaccine to get into a reasonable number of the population, 15% were fully vaccinated by the end of March.

The initial breakout was on the Northwest coast so it's unlikely to be that ship.

The initial breakout was on the Northwest coast so it's unlikely to be that ship.

I had a coworker that travelled out west for Christmas/New Year's 2019/2020 that flew in and out of Seattle on his way to Vancouver Canada and he came back with that Covid wheezing cough in early January 2020 and missed a week of work from it. It makes sense to me that he could have contacted Covid then with the number of Chinese living in those cities along with the airport having a lot of Chinese passengers transiting it. I got sick in Mid-March 2020 with a similar cough and while not confirmed I believe it could have been an early case of Covid before it became all the rage.

I had a coworker that travelled out west for Christmas/New Year's 2019/2020 that flew in and out of Seattle on his way to Vancouver Canada and he came back with that Covid wheezing cough in early January 2020 and missed a week of work from it. It makes sense to me that he could have contacted Covid then with the number of Chinese living in those cities along with the airport having a lot of Chinese passengers transiting it. I got sick in Mid-March 2020 with a similar cough and while not confirmed I believe it could have been an early case of Covid before it became all the rage.
Yep, crazy times. My wife was in Prague the last weekend of February and scheduled to fly to Turin in Northwest Italy on Sunday March 1st. My son and I were in Clearwater Fl attending Phillies pre-season games. One of my daughters was in Disney World for that week and the other daughter was in Cancun the same week (it was Penn State's spring break so my two girls were off having fun). None of us came back with any symptoms.

My wife had previously changed her schedule to spend an extra day in Prague else she would have been at ground zero in Italy when they shut down everything.

italy got hit hard because A) many of the top designers in Milan are owned by Chinese companies B) Chinese love designer stuff. So tons of Chinese got to Italy, load up on stuff, and take it home. Italy was hit with COVID before they even knew what happened and this is what led to the Admin baring direct flights from China in Feb of 2019
This is also how Italy obtained spaghetti from Chinese.

• Haha
Reactions: Obliviax
How does a study show that 50% of big 10 athletes have myocarditis AND the MSM doesn't report on that? If this guy is correct and 50% of D1 college level athletes in the prime of their lives and elite conditioning have myocarditis then that is explosive news and we all should have heard about it.
Its been said here many times that myocarditis is a major issue with exposure to Covid 19. A lot of people make fun of covid as no worse than the common cold but dismiss this finding or blame the vaccine. Its not a surprising finding but the incidence is much higher than reported as it does not always manifest into clinical symptoms.

How does a study show that 50% of big 10 athletes have myocarditis AND the MSM doesn't report on that? If this guy is correct and 50% of D1 college level athletes in the prime of their lives and elite conditioning have myocarditis then that is explosive news and we all should have heard about it.

This RSNA Press Release is as mainstream as it gets, and altho I'd like to say that I have no idea why this is ignored, I suspect independent thinkers have a strong hunch; money talks. The question is are our kids at a medical risk? Even if it's a small chance, this has to investigated.

Reactions: bison13
FFS people.....you really need to read slower and understand what you're reading, 50% of B1G athletes DON'T have myocarditis, the study says that 20 of 1579 or 54% of those with myocarditis (37) were without symptoms.

From the release..... "Thirty-seven of the athletes, or 2.3%, were diagnosed with COVID-19 myocarditis, a percentage on par with the incidence of myocarditis in the general population"

edit: You guys post this nonsense to suggest that vaccines are causing this, you apparently missed that the entire study group had covid.

Stop embarrassing yourselves.

Last edited:
When will the madness stop?

Pfizer is asking U.S. regulators to authorize its updated COVID-19 vaccine for children under age 5 — not as a booster but part of their initial shots.

Children ages 6 months through 4 years already are supposed to get three extra-small doses of the original Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine — each a tenth of the amount adults receive — as their primary series. If the Food and Drug Administration agrees, a dose of Pfizer’s bivalent omicron-targeting vaccine would be substituted for their third shot.

Pfizer and its partner BioNTech said Monday that may help prevent severe illness and hospitalization from COVID-19 in little kids, at a time when children’s hospitals already are packed with youngsters hit by other respiratory illnesses.

that makes literally no sense and is 100% wrong. A bulk of the people dying now have been vaccinated as everybody dying is 65+ and 95% of them have been vaccanated.
So the vaccine helps keep us alive if we are young and healthy. oops! just kid
When will the madness stop?

Pfizer is asking U.S. regulators to authorize its updated COVID-19 vaccine for children under age 5 — not as a booster but part of their initial shots.

Children ages 6 months through 4 years already are supposed to get three extra-small doses of the original Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine — each a tenth of the amount adults receive — as their primary series. If the Food and Drug Administration agrees, a dose of Pfizer’s bivalent omicron-targeting vaccine would be substituted for their third shot.

Pfizer and its partner BioNTech said Monday that may help prevent severe illness and hospitalization from COVID-19 in little kids, at a time when children’s hospitals already are packed with youngsters hit by other respiratory illnesses.
So i heard Marty McCary John's Hopkins say today we still can't get a good number of how many of these young kids have dies from Covid. he said when the Germans did an analysis the number was ZERO. He also said the hospitals are full of people with viruses but far and away the most are flu and RSV. In fact to quote him he said the hospitals are very crowded right now but NOT with Covid and I don't know why they keep including Covid in the data.

Reactions: bison13
yeah, Robert Kennedy is a bit of a nutcase.
Hey Cletus,
I don't come to this thread nearly as often as my daily "must read" from a year ago. What's the latest on what variant we are dealing with? Still the same one from 6-9 months ago. If there is a new one do we have data on more or less serious than the last one?

Hey Cletus,
I don't come to this thread nearly as often as my daily "must read" from a year ago. What's the latest on what variant we are dealing with? Still the same one from 6-9 months ago. If there is a new one do we have data on more or less serious than the last one?
Nope. Ba4/Ba5 are now being outcompeted by BQ1 and BQ1.1 which accounts for more than half the current infenctions. Infections are on the rise again due to this. Went from about 3000 hospitalization per day and now at 4800 per day. So not crazy numbers (previous Alpha, Delta, Omicron spikes were 15,000+, 13,000+, and 20,000+ respectively). And from the data, the BQ1 appears to be no more virulent than the BA5 variant. In fact the weekly death total are still slightly decreasing.

But you still see articles now titled the TRIPLEDEMIC with flu, rsv (rhino virus), and Covid being written as if we are in the middle of the bubonic plague. So the fear mongering appears to be continuing.

On the mask front, I don't see many of the social warrior's with masks anymore, I think they got tired of wearing them. Only people I see with masks are old/sick (good reason to) and the hypochondriacs anymore.

My honest opinion is that where we are now will continue on like this for at least another 2 years. There is still money to be made and power to be flexed for it to go away. And more variants will continue to come and as long as testing continues and as long as anybody that dies with Covid (or died and had covid within a few weeks of death) is coded as covid, the numbers will still be there to make it happen. I think eventually after a couple more years of this, that the worldwide herd immunity will kick in and basically covid will just be another flu like variant. With China now going away from zero covid, they are going to be in for a hurting in 2023 but as their population also gets natural herd immunity, and the rest of the world continuing to develop more immunity due to multiple exposures to different variants, covid should eventually generally die off. But I think that will take another 2-3 years to happen.

Last edited:
A Friend's father had a heart attack two days ago and went to the closest hospital's ER. They stabilized him at the ER but sent him to another hospital a half hour away because they had no beds due to flu patients. Non-COVID flu. The doctors told the family that they felt people lacked immunities from minimizing exposure. Basically, the body is bombarded with viruses and fights them off causing a period of immunity. then you get hit with a motherload and get sick. Many people haven't had that ongoing drip of exposure which increases their vulnerability.

A Friend's father had a heart attack two days ago and went to the closest hospital's ER. They stabilized him at the ER but sent him to another hospital a half hour away because they had no beds due to flu patients. Non-COVID flu. The doctors told the family that they felt people lacked immunities from minimizing exposure. Basically, the body is bombarded with viruses and fights them off causing a period of immunity. then you get hit with a motherload and get sick. Many people haven't had that ongoing drip of exposure which increases their vulnerability.
That was as predictable as the sun rising in the East; just another example of how intentionally mismanaged the official response was to this after they knew what this virus was all about.

That was as predictable as the sun rising in the East; just another example of how intentionally mismanaged the official response was to this after they knew what this virus was all about.
I should also add that my wife's dr, whom she loves, said that the normal flu shot is always a crap shoot as they have to anticipate what the next flu cycle will look like. She said this year, they nailed it and feel the shot will be of great value. The downside is that everyone I know who has gotten this year's shot suffers, at least, minor discomfort (mild flu symptoms).

I should also add that my wife's dr, whom she loves, said that the normal flu shot is always a crap shoot as they have to anticipate what the next flu cycle will look like. She said this year, they nailed it and feel the shot will be of great value. The downside is that everyone I know who has gotten this year's shot suffers, at least, minor discomfort (mild flu symptoms).
I work for a Pittsburgh law firm. Until last summer, our offices always had been downtown. Because of economics and convenience, I used to ride a bus to and from work, and also take the subway up to our offices, which were located right across the street from PPG Paints Arena. Of course, we began to work remotely in late March 2020. However, I became stir crazy and began going into the office full-time the Tuesday after Memorial Day 2020. From that time until I received my second Moderna shot, I didn't get so much as a sore throat, which I attribute to exposing my body to the various viruses and germs that enter our bodies every time we go out. In fact, other than some mild symptoms which I had last December which probably was from the Omicron variant, the only day that I was very ill was the day after I had my second shot, which basically gave me the same symptoms as I had when I had a case of food poisoning about 25 years ago.

The human body is amazing in being able to fight off things like viruses, but it must be exposed to them in order to build up immunity. It's no coincidence that countries like China, which basically have imprisoned large segments of its population, now are experiencing surges in infections, while countries like Sweden, which basically went about things as usual even during the height of the pandemic, are basically over the worse of it.

I work for a Pittsburgh law firm. Until last summer, our offices always had been downtown. Because of economics and convenience, I used to ride a bus to and from work, and also take the subway up to our offices, which were located right across the street from PPG Paints Arena. Of course, we began to work remotely in late March 2020. However, I became stir crazy and began going into the office full-time the Tuesday after Memorial Day 2020. From that time until I received my second Moderna shot, I didn't get so much as a sore throat, which I attribute to exposing my body to the various viruses and germs that enter our bodies every time we go out. In fact, other than some mild symptoms which I had last December which probably was from the Omicron variant, the only day that I was very ill was the day after I had my second shot, which basically gave me the same symptoms as I had when I had a case of food poisoning about 25 years ago.

The human body is amazing in being able to fight off things like viruses, but it must be exposed to them in order to build up immunity. It's no coincidence that countries like China, which basically have imprisoned large segments of its population, now are experiencing surges in infections, while countries like Sweden, which basically went about things as usual even during the height of the pandemic, are basically over the worse of it.
Thanks. there has always been noise about the lack of dirt, kids experience, is ultimately bad as this experience builds up immunities.

I got the shot with no problems.

Reactions: jjw165 and Obliviax
This article predicts that LA will be back in masks before Christmas, just in time for the Rose Bowl.

After all that we now know, anybody who would wear a mask again in compliance with a mandate is just a gullible dupe. I say this while also saying that I have nothing against someone who wears a mask based on free will.

I have to believe that there now would be a tremendous amount of civil disobedience to this type of garbage.

Nope. Ba4/Ba5 are now being outcompeted by BQ1 and BQ1.1 which accounts for more than half the current infenctions. Infections are on the rise again due to this. Went from about 3000 hospitalization per day and now at 4800 per day. So not crazy numbers (previous Alpha, Delta, Omicron spikes were 15,000+, 13,000+, and 20,000+ respectively). And from the data, the BQ1 appears to be no more virulent than the BA5 variant. In fact the weekly death total are still slightly decreasing.

But you still see articles now titled the TRIPLEDEMIC with flu, rsv (rhino virus), and Covid being written as if we are in the middle of the bubonic plague. So the fear mongering appears to be continuing.

On the mask front, I don't see many of the social warrior's with masks anymore, I think they got tired of wearing them. Only people I see with masks are old/sick (good reason to) and the hypochondriacs anymore.

My honest opinion is that where we are now will continue on like this for at least another 2 years. There is still money to be made and power to be flexed for it to go away. And more variants will continue to come and as long as testing continues and as long as anybody that dies with Covid (or died and had covid within a few weeks of death) is coded as covid, the numbers will still be there to make it happen. I think eventually after a couple more years of this, that the worldwide herd immunity will kick in and basically covid will just be another flu like variant. With China now going away from zero covid, they are going to be in for a hurting in 2023 but as their population also gets natural herd immunity, and the rest of the world continuing to develop more immunity due to multiple exposures to different variants, covid should eventually generally die off. But I think that will take another 2-3 years to happen.
Thanks.. I heard Marty McCary say yesterday everyone is touting this "tripledemic" but the vast majority of hospitalizations are Flu and RSV. He said he wasn't even sure why Covid was being lumped in with them.

Reactions: jjw165 and bison13
Thanks.. I heard Marty McCary say yesterday everyone is touting this "tripledemic" but the vast majority of hospitalizations are Flu and RSV. He said he wasn't even sure why Covid was being lumped in with them.
Marketing. They have to market the fear. They made a nice new term that they hope catches on and flu isn't scary enough.

My wife's doc said the same thing about the flu shot's effectiveness, the problem is not as many people are getting them this year. Neither of us had any symptoms.

Reactions: Obliviax

Any thoughts on why Omicron is still here? I know were on to BQ1 and BQ1.1, but unless I've missed it everyone still thinks Omicron is here. Could it possibly be to keep people thinking the new vaccines will help since they target Omicron? If we are to a new named variant people would be less likely to take another shot for an old variant? Omicron has been with us for over a year now, at this point something new has to be here, right?

The media and the democrat party have merged. It's a cabal.
Until Musk took Twitter over, it basically was operating as State Run Media for one political party in this country. It's incredible how much this country is beginning to devolve into what the old Eastern European bloc countries were after World War II. What's ironic is that while most of those old Eastern European bloc countries have become less autocratic and many have become very democratic, this country is becoming more and more autocratic with institutions like the FBI. There's no doubt in my mind that many of the puppet masters that pull the strings for the current President want this country to become like China and the old USSR.

ADVERTISEMENT