ADVERTISEMENT

Very nice win...still a lot of football to be played...but 10-2 looks achievable

I still like 16 teams where the 1st round is conference championship games. Any top 16 teams not in a conf championship game gets seeded against the others and play at higher seeded teams home field. Losing teams are still bowl eligible, which will make the bowls happy. The next week the remaining 8 teams are reseeded and play at the higher seed's home field. That gets you down to 4 teams and they play in the current 4 team format and locations.

I still like 16 teams where the 1st round is conference championship games. Any top 16 teams not in a conf championship game gets seeded against the others and play at higher seeded teams home field. Losing teams are still bowl eligible, which will make the bowls happy. The next week the remaining 8 teams are reseeded and play at the higher seed's home field. That gets you down to 4 teams and they play in the current 4 team format and locations.
I get the logic but why should Alabama-Georgia be an elimination game for example?

And for me 12 isn't enough. It should be at least 16 and likely 24 like FCS
I'm not expecting the lower seeds to win often but sometimes they will. And it's just like a double digit seed beating a top seed in March Madness. Even that random occasional upset is completely worth the other years of blowouts.

The problem with 12 is that it doesn't always grab the ranked teams that are playing way better at the end of the season than the start. Every year there are 2-loss teams that are playing as well as anyone at the end of the season. What matters is the best team at the end of the season - to truly determine this, you need a larger playoff field.

Reactions: Westcoast24
Also, about the refs, I got a good laugh from a comment on the game thread to the effect that "now I know what a Michigan fan feels like."

Amen to that. It's nice when the zebras cut you some breaks. Or just call an even game.

On Ji'Ayir Brown's interception, I held my breath waiting for a pass interference call. Never came.

Conversely a fortuitous pass interference call on Minnesota kept a key drive alive in the 3rd quarter and set up the TD that allowed us to pull away.

I slam the B1G refs here a lot, so it's only fitting that they should be praised when they don't go out of their way to screw us over.

Figure the odds that will be the case again next week.
If that is against O$U we have PI called against us and no call on them.

Reactions: Jerry
Right, and if my memory is correct, the ball ended up well overthrown, so they could have picked up the flag on those grounds. Granted, the fact that the receiver was held, which on replay did look to be the case, may have played a part in his being nowhere near where the ball was thrown. Anyway, the point is I've seen calls (or non-calls) like that go against us many times. But not last night.
Should have been defensive holding rather than PI.

12 would pick up some 2-loss teams

do it with no tie-ins for any conference and it is fine
And what are you going to do when you get the same 3-4 teams at the top that are there now? Push for further expansion?

One reason CFB is in the state it is currently in is that all these claims to want to "fix" it. Quit trying to "fix" it so that it includes your team. Don't like 4 then try 8 for 2 years and see what results. I'll put my money on the same programs that are there now.

Better yet, lets hobble the programs that manage to get there every year. We don't like those programs that can perform at a higher level, they must go. Eliminate that back-to-back crap. Lets penalize success because we can't do what it takes, its too hard.

Those programs that bitch the most for expansion can't deal with the fact they aren't included. Some programs like Clemson and Georgia were not at the top when playoffs began, but somehow did what was required to get there. But lets throw that type of hard work out the window so we can include some 2 and 3 loss programs.

I think if PSU had ever been good enough to make the cut then the expansion talk would be much more subdued. You expansion guys aren't fighting for Pitt or Rutgers to be included, you have your own interests motivating you. Nothing wrong about that, just be honest about it. Don't act as if you are doing it for the greater good of CFB. You don't want parity, you want to be included.

3 different BIG East division programs, 3 different SEC and 2 ACC programs somehow seemed to have cracked the code, so spare me the "Same 3" crap. And those 3 BIG programs - those are in our division. But PSU can't seem to get there. So if we can't get there its gotta be unfair and we've got to "fix" that.

Winning all ten games in which you are the favorite is not a small task. I’ll be happy if they do it. I’ll be even happier if they give tOSU a good game.

Reactions: Jerry
And what are you going to do when you get the same 3-4 teams at the top that are there now? Push for further expansion?

One reason CFB is in the state it is currently in is that all these claims to want to "fix" it. Quit trying to "fix" it so that it includes your team. Don't like 4 then try 8 for 2 years and see what results. I'll put my money on the same programs that are there now.

Better yet, lets hobble the programs that manage to get there every year. We don't like those programs that can perform at a higher level, they must go. Eliminate that back-to-back crap. Lets penalize success because we can't do what it takes, its too hard.

Those programs that bitch the most for expansion can't deal with the fact they aren't included. Some programs like Clemson and Georgia were not at the top when playoffs began, but somehow did what was required to get there. But lets throw that type of hard work out the window so we can include some 2 and 3 loss programs.

I think if PSU had ever been good enough to make the cut then the expansion talk would be much more subdued. You expansion guys aren't fighting for Pitt or Rutgers to be included, you have your own interests motivating you. Nothing wrong about that, just be honest about it. Don't act as if you are doing it for the greater good of CFB. You don't want parity, you want to be included.

3 different BIG East division programs, 3 different SEC and 2 ACC programs somehow seemed to have cracked the code, so spare me the "Same 3" crap. And those 3 BIG programs - those are in our division. But PSU can't seem to get there. So if we can't get there its gotta be unfair and we've got to "fix" that.

What are you talking about - complete nonsense that 4 teams absolutely deserve it more than any other at the end of the year. Every year there are 1-loss teams in the "Invitational" which is absolutely NOT a "playoff" (despite you trying to claim it is). In order for it to be a true "playoff" is to allow all Conference Champions a route to play their way in and wild-card teams with the same record should get in (it shouldn't be a "beauty contest" as to which undefeated Conference Champions get in AND which 1-loss teams get in). That's an "Invitational" Structure, not a "Playoff Structure". Absurd to say that only 4 teams out of a 9 Conference 131 team field (all playing disparate schedules) should be in a postseason Invitational that excludes double-digit teams with similar, or better, records to the worst team in the Invitational.

Watch the replay of Syracuse/Clemson. The officials & stupid Syracuse penalties gave the game away. Neither are great teams. Easily could have been a two touchdown victory for Syracuse.

What are you talking about - complete nonsense that 4 teams absolutely deserve it more than any other at the end of the year. Every year there are 1-loss teams in the "Invitational" which is absolutely NOT a "playoff" (despite you trying to claim it is). In order for it to be a true "playoff" is to allow all Conference Champions a route to play their way in and wild-card teams with the same record should get in (it shouldn't be a "beauty contest" as to which undefeated Conference Champions get in AND which 1-loss teams get in). That's an "Invitational" Structure, not a "Playoff Structure". Absurd to say that only 4 teams out of a 9 Conference 131 team field (all playing disparate schedules) should be in a postseason Invitational that excludes double-digit teams with similar, or better, records to the worst team in the Invitational.
And fans that disappear for the week following an embarrassing beat-down have no credibility. Let me know when you stick around for it all - good or bad.

• Haha
And fans that disappear for the week following an embarrassing beat-down have no credibility. Let me know when you stick around for it all - good or bad.

Gee, sorry I didn't ask your permission to attend my nephew's wedding..... Some of you morons need to get a life outside of your belief that you're some kind of ultimate football savant.

Gee, sorry I didn't ask your permission to attend my nephew's wedding..... Some of you morons need to get a life outside of your belief that you're some kind of ultimate football savant.
Convenient timing and interesting you were back on with travel time home...

Huh? What? I wasn't on the game thread on Saturday either genius because I was traveling to see my son in college. Some of you dopes really need to get a life.
You literally showed up on Saturday during the Michigan game at the half pretending they had a shot

Watch the replay of Syracuse/Clemson. The officials & stupid Syracuse penalties gave the game away. Neither are great teams. Easily could have been a two touchdown victory for Syracuse.
It is interesting that every conference has incentive to protect their favorites. If we played in the ACC we would have the same complaints we have now about the B1G, replace the midwesterners with the southerners.

Actually he was posting like a maniac the 2 weeks prior to the game then goes completely silent just prior to UM halftime for a week, showing back up after the MN game started. Slinging crap everywhere then goes AWOL leaving us to deal with the aftermath. Not surprised, that is his standard behavior.

You literally showed up on Saturday during the Michigan game at the half pretending they had a shot

You truly are one bizzare mf'er - but sadly typical for an ASWP loser troll lunatic. I was at a wedding that started at 3 with the reception immediately following. I saw some of the 1st half from hotel before leaving - may have made a post or two on my phone before leaving - but what this has to do with anything is well beyond me. Again, you are one strange, laughable, extremely idiotic mf'er.

• Love
You truly are one bizzare mf'er - but sadly typical for an ASWP loser troll lunatic. I was at a wedding that started at 3 with the reception immediately following. I saw some of the 1st half from hotel before leaving - may have made a post or two on my phone before leaving - but what this has to do with anything is well beyond me. Again, you are one strange, laughable, extremely idiotic mf'er.
Whatever you want to claim instead of acknowledging reality is fine

Actually he was posting like a maniac the 2 weeks prior to the game then goes completely silent just prior to UM halftime for a week, showing back up after the MN game started. Slinging crap everywhere then goes AWOL leaving us to deal with the aftermath. Not surprised, that is his standard behavior.

You are correct about scUM game thread as I was out of town at wedding.... left for wedding just prior to halftime.... But quite wrong about Minny - I did not participate in in-game thread as I was out of town visiting my son until this morning.

ADVERTISEMENT