ADVERTISEMENT

Victory E Belll how's Keeneland?? Heading

sluggo72

Aug 31, 2006
that way. Have on blue jeans yellow fishing shirt tan hat w two deep 3 on it most likely be at the paddock between races

I live very close to Keeneland...maybe I'll stop by and put that bet down.

AWS, do you live in Lexington, KY?

The reason I ask is that my daughter is looking closely at UK if she doesn't stay home (UNC). If you are there, please feel free to share your perspective on Lexington, UK or any other observations. thanks in advance

AWS, do you live in Lexington, KY?

The reason I ask is that my daughter is looking closely at UK if she doesn't stay home (UNC). If you are there, please feel free to share your perspective on Lexington, UK or any other observations. thanks in advance

Yes, I live in Lexington. I've been here for a couple years so I'm no expert, but I love it here. It feels like a large small town. It's easy to find your way around and it's very clean. There's a lot to do with a lot of restaurants. Crime is low for a city this size. UK is a beautiful school but it is huge. My son looked at going there but he wanted something smaller. If your daughter has no problem with a large campus and makes friends easily, I'm sure she would love UK. Overall, Lexington is a great place to live.

I met Sluggo, wife and friends today and we spent the last 5 races BSing by the paddock. Keeneland is the cleanest and friendliest track I've been to yet. Lexington from what I've seen so far is a nice place; hit a few pubs last night and everyone was great. Scenery on trip over is nice too.

Sluggo, thanks for the beers and the stories and the laughs, it was great. And I'll say this about Sluggo...he has the credentials to be taken seriously talking football. I'll let it go at that. Couldn't have asked to meet nicer, more interesting people.

Yes, I live in Lexington. I've been here for a couple years so I'm no expert, but I love it here. It feels like a large small town. It's easy to find your way around and it's very clean. There's a lot to do with a lot of restaurants. Crime is low for a city this size. UK is a beautiful school but it is huge. My son looked at going there but he wanted something smaller. If your daughter has no problem with a large campus and makes friends easily, I'm sure she would love UK. Overall, Lexington is a great place to live.

Thank you. We visited recently and she really enjoyed the academic tour and the campus. Looks like we have an early contender vs. our hometown school.

One other thing, I know this is a regional chain but I had City BBQ tonight. Thought it was pretty good, but I don't have a lot of BBQ experience to compare it other than Clem's. Do people in City's area of operation consider it decent BBQ? I had the pork and some brisket.

I met Sluggo, wife and friends today and we spent the last 5 races BSing by the paddock. Keeneland is the cleanest and friendliest track I've been to yet. Lexington from what I've seen so far is a nice place; hit a few pubs last night and everyone was great. Scenery on trip over is nice too.

Sluggo, thanks for the beers and the stories and the laughs, it was great. And I'll say this about Sluggo...he has the credentials to be taken seriously talking football. I'll let it go at that. Couldn't have asked to meet nicer, more interesting people.
Hey thanks!! Loved meeting my first bwi 'friend '. We ll talk soon!!

One other thing, I know this is a regional chain but I had City BBQ tonight. Thought it was pretty good, but I don't have a lot of BBQ experience to compare it other than Clem's. Do people in City's area of operation consider it decent BBQ? I had the pork and some brisket.

It's good but the best BBQ in Lexington is Red State BBQ out by the Kentucky Horse Park. And if you like pizza, go to Pazzos downtown. Great pizza and a great beer selection.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT