ADVERTISEMENT

Football VIDEO: DT Zane Durant talks spring ball 2024

These writers rarely ask questions about the particular player being interviewed. They continually ask about other players. Why don't they ask about his perspective of the new defensive scheme and what differences they see from Manny Diaz's defense. Or, what area of improvement he has focused on for this year, or something about him as a person away from football, such as other interests?

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
These writers rarely ask questions about the particular player being interviewed. They continually ask about other players. Why don't they ask about his perspective of the new defensive scheme and what differences they see from Manny Diaz's defense. Or, what area of improvement he has focused on for this year, or something about him as a person away from football, such as other interests?
One English prof I had many years ago in his introduction and expectations speech to our class asked any sports journalism majors in attendance to raise their hands. Once they raised their hands the prof asked each of them their names and acted like he was checking their names in his class roster. Afterward the prof quipped, "Don't worry, I have no expectations for your lot!"

One English prof I had many years ago in his introduction and expectations speech to our class asked any sports journalism majors in attendance to raise their hands. Once they raised their hands the prof asked each of them their names and acted like he was checking their names in his class roster. Afterward the prof quipped, "Don't worry, I have no expectations for your lot!"
LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT