ADVERTISEMENT

Football VIDEO: NCAA 14 Simulation -- Penn State versus Michigan State

The weather should be beautiful for a late November game...that means the passing game should be OK without heavy wind, snow or rain. MSU has had a ton of distractions with charges being brought against 7 players (two starters). The MSU OL seems to be really thin, at least last week. But Sparty is a tough, physical team. So this makes sense. However, Spary could easily collapse if we can get up early and get a turnover or two. I would not be shocked for the game to end up a blowout.

The weather should be beautiful for a late November game...that means the passing game should be OK without heavy wind, snow or rain. MSU has had a ton of distractions with charges being brought against 7 players (two starters). The MSU OL seems to be really thin, at least last week. But Sparty is a tough, physical team. So this makes sense. However, Spary could easily collapse if we can get up early and get a turnover or two. I would not be shocked for the game to end up a blowout.
Possible. Sparty actually looked good early in last week's game. I think their offense is the most well rounded we've seen since OSU but their run defense looks terrible.

Possible. Sparty actually looked good early in last week's game. I think their offense is the most well rounded we've seen since OSU but their run defense looks terrible.
Yep...they gave up 31 to indiana who scored 14, 14 and 17 the previous three weeks with Indy's QB situation a shambles. Dexter Williams was 2 of 7 for 31 yards passing but he had 86 yards rushing.

With Sparty's run D ranked about 100, we should go play action - deep pass on the first play.

The longer we let them stay in the game to more motivated they'll be, especially with a bowl game on the line. I'm not putting this one in the win column just yet but I agree that it could turn into a blowout if we get up 3 scores early.

Reactions: Obliviax and psu00
The longer we let them stay in the game to more motivated they'll be, especially with a bowl game on the line. I'm not putting this one in the win column just yet but I agree that it could turn into a blowout if we get up 3 scores early.
So to our fans, bowl games outside of the playoffs are meaningless scrimmages but to other teams they’re enough motivation to beat a team when your heavy underdogs…good to know.

If they cared about a bowl game last week wouldn't have happened. Fully expect us to do what we've done to bad teams all year.

ADVERTISEMENT