ADVERTISEMENT

Vilbert Available For Rose Bowl

No word on why he was out but very glad he worked his way back. Would have been easy to say the hell with it. Wish much success and hope these lessons learned are with throughout his life.
On that note, feels like he could have easily gone to the portal by now but thrilled to see him able to play. Exciting to see if he can repeat last year’s bowl success.

No word on why he was out but very glad he worked his way back. Would have been easy to say the hell with it. Wish much success and hope these lessons learned are with throughout his life.
How would playing in the rose bowl affect his remaining eligibility?

He already redshirted, so I think this year counts whether he plays or not. Clearly his issue wasn't an injury because he practiced all year, so I don't think an exemption from the ncaa is possible.

How would playing in the rose bowl affect his remaining eligibility?
It won’t. I think someone posted on a different thread that the NCAA said playing in bowl,games won‘t affect redshirting. Didn’t see an explanation but methinks it is because so many kids opt out for pros and so many more go portal and don’t play bowl games that they needed to allow more kids to play to have competitive games.

Just thought that how he persevered would serve him well in life.

ADVERTISEMENT