ADVERTISEMENT

VT's offense is pretty bad (VT/NCSt on now) and QB looks pretty sorry. Solution for Pry

might be to get Veilleux when he enters the portal after this season.

VT hanging in the game vs NC St in a scoreless tie into the 2nd quarter. Would be nice to see Pry start to have some success......
Screw pry. Veilleux will be one play from starting. He is better off at psu.

NC State without Devin Leary just isn't good--kind of like Minnesota without Morgan or Kentucky without Levis. Teams like that lose their QB and they're done.

There are so many teams in the 20 to 40th (receiving votes) range that seem interchangeable this season. I am rooting for the underdog Hokies tonight to open up more room for someone like (star QB missing) Maryland.

There are so many teams in the 20 to 40th (receiving votes) range that seem interchangeable this season. I am rooting for the underdog Hokies tonight to open up more room for someone like (star QB missing) Maryland.
Agreed--this year is very top heavy. A couple elite teams and a group that could be a great/very good. Then a lot of mediocre/subpar teams.

But we know who won't be starting here at QB barring major injury

So if their is an injury vielleux will start at psu and you have no idea who will start at vt??

NC State without Devin Leary just isn't good--kind of like Minnesota without Morgan or Kentucky without Levis. Teams like that lose their QB and they're done.

So psu needs Vielleux and you think he should leave???

A total stinker of a game for the first half, but turned out to be an entertaining second half. Trying to avoid a 0-0 tie at half, which would have been a first for an FBS team this season. NCSt kicked a FG to make it 3-0 at half. Teams opened it up in the second half with some long throws to loosen up the D. But VT had at least 8 False Starts in the game, which is shocking considering that it was nowhere near as loud as the Beav. Pry looked like he was going to lose his mind during the penalties.

And just like the last few years, a big lead evaporates in the 2nd half.

might be to get Veilleux when he enters the portal after this season.

VT hanging in the game vs NC St in a scoreless tie into the 2nd quarter. Would be nice to see Pry start to have some success......
Pry has a lot of work to do. The talent level at VT is down and Penn State is taking the cream of this year's in-state talent followed by UNC. He's been much more visible than Fuente and has the best support for the program of any of the VA schools, but it will be no easy road. In its current condition, it's not a program I would recommend for CV.

Reactions: lazydave841
Pry has a lot of work to do. The talent level at VT is down and Penn State is taking the cream of this year's in-state talent followed by UNC. He's been much more visible than Fuente and has the best support for the program of any of the VA schools, but it will be no easy road. In its current condition, it's not a program I would recommend for CV.
Yep, Pry has his work cut out for him.

But it was impressive that VT came out of the half and had a great game plan on offense to mix up plays and be more agressive than they were in the first half which led to a 21-3 lead I believe late in the 3rd quarter. Unfortunately the VT defense could not hold that lead, but it seemed to show some progress for the program against a ranked team playing away.

Pry did a very good job at PSU and I wish him the best at VT. And as a side benefit his success at VT would likely give Duzzy another headach to deal with...... ;)

In today's world of instant gratification, it's hard to be there long enough to win with your own recruits unless you win right out of the gate.

Yep, Pry has his work cut out for him.

But it was impressive that VT came out of the half and had a great game plan on offense to mix up plays and be more agressive than they were in the first half which led to a 21-3 lead I believe late in the 3rd quarter. Unfortunately the VT defense could not hold that lead, but it seemed to show some progress for the program against a ranked team playing away.

Pry did a very good job at PSU and I wish him the best at VT. And as a side benefit his success at VT would likely give Duzzy another headach to deal with...... ;)
Aside from the fact that a stronger VT would make it harder for PSU to consistently recruit a large chunk of the top 10 players in VA like we're doing this year, I'd like to see Pry do well. As a 30+ year VA resident, they're kind of the hometown team for me. Beyond that, based on my son's college short-list, I could be a VT dad by this time next year.

Reactions: GregInPitt
So if their is an injury vielleux will start at psu and you have no idea who will start at vt??

So psu needs Vielleux and you think he should leave???
I think he should do what's best for him not what's best for Penn State. Same with every player at every school.

Aside from the fact that a stronger VT would make it harder for PSU to consistently recruit a large chunk of the top 10 players in VA like we're doing this year, I'd like to see Pry do well. As a 30+ year VA resident, they're kind of the hometown team for me. Beyond that, based on my son's college short-list, I could be a VT dad by this time next year.
Yep Franklin has done well recruiting VA, but he will have a hard time getting to "elite" until he really does get the top PA kids every year, which we will likely see tomorrow with the 2 PA top WR's that are likely to be difference makers for oh-high-ya tomorrow. Franklin could also help himself with better results from NJ as well, where he hasn't really done too well on a consistent basis in recent years. He's done better in Ohio where the competition is very high, which is a head scratcher......

VT getting to be one of the best ACC coastal teams should not prevent from PSU getting a good many top VA players going forward. VT will never have the game day experience of a 109K White Out.........

And congrats on the son having some great choices. I had taken my youngest son to PSU a good bit and when it came time for college he was then at the point of a "been there, done that" attitude about PSU. He ended up getting a great education at U of Dayton, although a pricy education. But at least I've had a better BB team to root for the last 10 years.........

Last edited:
Reactions: OaktonDave
ADVERTISEMENT