FB Recruiting We Are... Better: 2025 OT Jaelyn Matthews commits to Penn State

Richie O

Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
www.pennstate.rivals.com
Last edited:
Reactions: NedFromYork
That's the way I feel. I mean it's tough enough to hold on to someone who has to wait eleven months to sign on the dotted line, let alone another year on top of that. On the other hand, it is better to have him on board with us than with anyone else.
Yep, very pleased to see this, but will not celebrate until December of 2024, if I’m still here.

We’re doomed
I think we've all seen too many renegs/decommitments not to be a tad cynical. I am happy in a guarded sort of way. He is a talent for sure. I'll get much more excited if, come November 2024, he is a strong leader of the class of 2025. Until then, I'll focus on the class of 2024.

Reactions: SR108
I think we've all seen too many renegs/decommitments not to be a tad cynical. I am happy in a guarded sort of way. He is a talent for sure. I'll get much more excited if, come November 2024, he is a strong leader of the class of 2025. Until then, I'll focus on the class of 2024.
Thank God. Please keep your focus. I am worried you are not focused on the class of 2023, with signing day being Wednesday and all. I hope it doesn't fall apart without everyone board member's vigilance.

Reactions: marshall23
This is what we're up against.
Need to think Birchmeier. Not Joshua Miller.

Matthews seems to have done his homework and seems to love PSU, Franklin and Trautwein.

Also, it seems that Franklin and his staff are renewing their efforts in Jersey and with Matthews being top 3 in NJ for 2025 (possibly being the #1 2025 NJ player) getting a top player from NJ could pay dividends towards getting other top NJ 2025 players. And since it's early in the 2024 cycle this commit may help some for 2024 as well. Lots of NJ talent has slipped away the last few years, particularly with the 2023 class where PSU posted an oh-for - Bisontis, Norman, Mitchel, Bonsu, Shuler,..... all went to the competition. And 2 of the top 7 for 2023 in NJ were OT's, a position of need. I'm hoping Matthews has the personality of Speca and brings some of the other NJ talent to PSU.

Just keep the helicopter making trips to Philly and NJ and show them how important they are to PSU's future.

So I look at this as a big positive. Big upside, not only for Matthews developing as one of the top 10 OT's in the 2025 class, but getting a top NJ player and getting back to having a pipeline of talent from NJ.

Sorry. ;);) :oops: :oops: :oops: ;);)

Last edited:
Yeah, I was bummed that we didn't figure much in Bisontis' recruitment. That kid can really move for a big dude.

This year doesn't seem to be as good a year for NJ, speaking in high school football terms.

Reactions: GregInPitt
Kid is dang near perfect specimen as a sophomore. Easy to see why he's top 100 already. Length, good hands, moves well in space. Stays on his block, finishes without drawing a flag. Good film.

ADVERTISEMENT