ADVERTISEMENT

What a bunch of babies.

jack66

May 29, 2001
Some of you have no perspective on the state of PSU football what so ever. Sanctions? I'm not even going to go there. At this point the effect is minimal ... I never thought that would be the case just 6 years later. What we are trying to overcome now is 2 decades of mediocrity.

Sure, Joe brought the team back to respectability ... but elite? Not even close. In JF's 4 years we have played in as many New Year's 6 Bowls as in the previous 17 years. On the recruiting trail, the 2018 class was our 1st top-10 since 2006. Yet people somehow think we are in 'reload mode' like teams that are recruiting top-10 classes on a regular basis. Kids are visiting now who wouldn't have had PSU on their radar 4+ years ago ... we just need to take the next step and finish on our share.

As for Jimmy H, after 4 years it looks like he finally has a contender ... solid team. Do people think though that he changed his schemes from last year? I saw the same stuff as last year when Higdon rushed for just 45 yds and their QB had negative yards on the ground. What changed? They have a mobile QB and we are 'rebuilding' our defense. Don Brown's defensive scheme hasn't changed either. What did change? We didn't have a mobile QB yesterday and we are 'rebuilding' our skill positions. Gesicki, Hamilton and Barkley, who exploited their pass defense last year, have not been replaced ... It's no secret out vet WRs have disappointed and Miles is not the receiving threat Barkley was.

We have some young players (WRs) who show promise, we have recruits in the pipeline who look like they can up our game at LB and other positions. But one top-10 class isn't enough to assume we are in 'reload mode'.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News