ADVERTISEMENT

What MLB/NFL/CFB stadiums have you been to that no longer exist?

saturdaysarebetter2

Nov 18, 2022
What MLB/NFL and CFB stadiums have you been to that no longer exist?

For me: Georgia Dome, Memorial Stadium, Municipal Stadium, Pitt Stadium, Riverfront Stadium, Three Rivers Stadium, Veterans Stadium, and Yankees Stadium.

I wish I had made it to Tigers Stadium and Shea Stadium having watched so many games on TV on WOR. No one took me to Forbes Field :-(

What stadiums have you been to that no longer exist?
s2nlbLE.jpg

Last edited:

For me: Memorial Stadium, Municipal Stadium, Pitt Stadium, Riverfront Stadium, Three Rivers Stadium, Veterans Stadium, and Yankees Stadium.

I wish I had made it to Tigers Stadium and Shea Stadium having watched so many games on TV on WOR. No one took me to Forbes Field :-(

s2nlbLE.jpg
Three Rivers, the Igloo, Pitt stadium, The Vet, Shea

NFL/ College/ MLB- Veterans Stadium, Three Rivers Stadium, Pitt Stadium, Memorial Stadium, Comiskey Park in Chicago, Foxboro Stadium, Meadowlands Stadium, Georgia Dome, Mile High Stadium, Tampa Stadium, and the Orange Bowl.

NHL/NBA- the Spectrum in Philly and the Igloo in Pittsburgh.

Last edited:

For me: Memorial Stadium, Municipal Stadium, Pitt Stadium, Riverfront Stadium, Three Rivers Stadium, Veterans Stadium, and Yankees Stadium.

s2nlbLE.jpg
For me:
Connie Mack Stadium. Veterans Stadium, The Spectrum, JFK Stadium, PITT Stadium (campus), and The Old Atlanta Braves Stadium (Fulton County)
Can't recall if Charlotte Hornets (NBA), or whatever they are named are still where the franchise started? I attended a game in their inaugural season.

Last edited:
Reactions: NedFromYork
Forbes Field, Three Rivers, Igloo in Pittsburgh

Memorial Stadium in CLE for both football and baseball, Richfield Collisium for basketball and hockey in CLE

Busch in St. Louis for baseball

Riverfront in Cincy for baseball

Veterans Stadium in Philly for baseball

Pitt stadium football

ATL Fulton County Stadium for MLB

These are in your photo but are still around, correct? Wrigley, Fenway, Dodger. One going away is Oakland Alameda County Coliseum. I've been to all of these.

ConnieMack
I have been to 29 of the 30 major league stadiums - the exception being Oakland. I plan to see the As next year in Sacramento.

Stadiums that no longer exist:
Connie Mack
Veterans
Shea
Yankee Stadium
Three Rivers
Busch
Turner
Georgia Dome
Baltimore Memorial
Spectrum
Gerry Park (Expos)
Toronto (the old football stadium)

Reactions: RickinDayton

For me: Georgia Dome, Memorial Stadium, Municipal Stadium, Pitt Stadium, Riverfront Stadium, Three Rivers Stadium, Veterans Stadium, and Yankees Stadium.

s2nlbLE.jpg
Shea, Three Rivers,Veterans, River Front, Houston Astrodome, Tampa Bay. Exhibition
Stadium. Also, while not a MLB stadium, War Memorial Stadium in Buffalo, NY where much of the movie “The Natural” was filmed.

Last edited:

s2nlbLE.jpg
My little league team was playing a weekend series in NYC in the summer of 1973. On Sunday we went to the Braves game at Shea. I saw Hammering Hank hit #s 695 and 696. The center fielder for the Mets that day was none other than Willie Mays. But my favorite of the old ballparks was Tiger Stadium. The seats were so close to the field you could hear the players talking. Babe Ruth and Ty Cobb played there. I took a great picture of Cal Ripken waving to me as they warmed up between games of a doubleheader. The last time I was there I reached down and scooped up a cup of the warning track, sunflower seeds and all. I still have it in a glass container in my display case.

For me, Forbes Field, Three Rivers, the igloo, Chicago Stadium, Memorial Stadium in Baltimore, old Soldier Field, Cowboys Stadium.

Cleveland Municipal Stadium. Saw a game there, Indians vs. Oakland A’s, with crowd of 2,600 in a stadium that seated over 80,000.

My little league team was playing a weekend series in NYC in the summer of 1973. On Sunday we went to the Braves game at Shea. I saw Hammering Hank hit #s 695 and 696. The center fielder for the Mets that day was none other than Willie Mays. But my favorite of the old ballparks was Tiger Stadium. The seats were so close to the field you could hear the players talking. Babe Ruth and Ty Cobb played there. I took a great picture of Cal Ripken waving to me as they warmed up between games of a doubleheader. The last time I was there I reached down and scooped up a cup of the warning track, sunflower seeds and all. I still have it in a glass container in my display case.
Wow! Hank Aaron and Willie Mays in the same game.
I saw both at Connie Mack but not in the same game.

Reactions: Kasparaitis
I have been to 29 of the 30 major league stadiums - the exception being Oakland. I plan to see the As next year in Sacramento.

Stadiums that no longer exist:
Connie Mack
Veterans
Shea
Yankee Stadium
Three Rivers
Busch
Turner
Georgia Dome
Baltimore Memorial
Spectrum
Gerry Park (Expos)
Toronto (the old football stadium)
Add the Igloo to my list.

Old Yankee Stadium
Baltimore Memorial Stadium
District of Columbia Stadium
Milwaukee County Stadium
Baltimore Civic Center (Bullets)

Probably a few horse racetracks

Does UM Cole Field House count? It's still there but it's been renovated with a name change and no more basketball.

Last edited:
Connie Mack in Philly
The Vet in Philly
Memorial in Baltimore
Pitt’s old stadium
Tho old Yankee Stadium
Cleveland’s old baseball park
(Can’t remember it’s name)

Veteran's Stadium
Three River Stadium (where I witnessed Tim McCarver hit a grand slam on 7/4/76, and get called out for passing the runner (Garry Maddox). I think he was credited with a single and 3 RBI's.)
Old Yankee Stadium
Old Tiger Stadium
Candlestick Park (night game, took a redeye back to MI to watch ND at UM the next day.... painful).

Been to Fenway several times. Watched Jack Morris and Rodger Clemmons pitch. Warned all the Sox fans about a guy named Alan Trammel who lit it up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT