ADVERTISEMENT

What position do you think Cameron Wallace will ultimately play?

19333lion

Jan 30, 2016
His real height and weight are roughly 5'10, 170 lbs, so forget what his high school program/recruiting info say. His track speed is legit. He shows real ability on both sides of the ball, including a willingness to hit. He is as elusive as he is fast with the ball in his hands.

If he plays RB, he will have to put on at least 20 lbs without losing speed or agility. Even then, he would be on the light side at 190 lbs. Still, a scary change of pace contributor.
If he were to shift to WR, he would need to put on 10 lbs.
If he were to play CB or nickel CB, he could get away with a 10 lb weight gain.

Whatever position he plays, he will surely contribute on special teams.
Even though he is one of our afterthought commits, I think he will outperform his current ranking by a lot.

I'm sorry that these highlights are from his junior year. https://247sports.com/Video/2021-Junior-Season-Highlights-11312978/

I think he was definitely brought in as a RB/WR. Ideally, you get him on campus and you see how he plays. He'll certainly gain weight, but I don't believe in putting on 10-20 lbs for the sake of it. If he can be an electric, Percy Harvin type who can take 2-3 handoffs, 2-3 passes, and be a threat to return kicks, let him do it as is and progress how he can.

As a freshman, he would have to be near excellent to break the lineup regardless of his speed. Still, can he be a MRob or DWill type who is perfect for gadget plays? We've had similar players fare less successfully since (Polk, a Smith, Drake).

You hate to grow a kid too quick or too much. DWill was never as explosive later as he was as a freshman. I know he scored some elaborate TDs later, but he lost a step from that '05 version of himself.

• Sad
Reactions: 19333lion
I think he was definitely brought in as a RB/WR. Ideally, you get him on campus and you see how he plays. He'll certainly gain weight, but I don't believe in putting on 10-20 lbs for the sake of it. If he can be an electric, Percy Harvin type who can take 2-3 handoffs, 2-3 passes, and be a threat to return kicks, let him do it as is and progress how he can.

As a freshman, he would have to be near excellent to break the lineup regardless of his speed. Still, can he be a MRob or DWill type who is perfect for gadget plays? We've had similar players fare less successfully since (Polk, a Smith, Drake).

You hate to grow a kid too quick or too much. DWill was never as explosive later as he was as a freshman. I know he scored some elaborate TDs later, but he lost a step from that '05 version of himself.
DWill, what a player. He and Justin King bring back good memories from the recruiting class that saved Joe's career, at least for a while.

You are right about weight gain for the sake of weight gain. Devontay Smith is still pretty thin, two years after becoming a pro. It hasn't hurt him too much.

His real height and weight are roughly 5'10, 170 lbs, so forget what his high school program/recruiting info say. His track speed is legit. He shows real ability on both sides of the ball, including a willingness to hit. He is as elusive as he is fast with the ball in his hands.

If he plays RB, he will have to put on at least 20 lbs without losing speed or agility. Even then, he would be on the light side at 190 lbs. Still, a scary change of pace contributor.

Even though he is one of our afterthought commits, I think he will outperform his current ranking by a lot.

I'm sorry that these highlights are from his junior year. https://247sports.com/Video/2021-Junior-Season-Highlights-11312978/
Staff is bringing him in as a running back.

Very frequently the last commit or 2 offered is a hidden gem. So I never look down on a guy who gets that late offer. They absolutely have earned it. And some don't pan out, just like 5 stars.

Very frequently the last commit or 2 offered is a hidden gem. So I never look down on a guy who gets that late offer. They absolutely have earned it. And some don't pan out, just like 5 stars.
Last year is a case in point. I was just as excited by Vega Ioane's highlights as any other non-skill position player. John Urschel comes to mind as well.

Reactions: Online Persona
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT