ADVERTISEMENT

What would an elite coach like Saban do?.....

Parkerdam555

Jul 2, 2022
1. Olu Fashanu. Saban would inform this young man that he is ONLY 19 years old, and the NFL is a man's league full of men 10 years older than him. Saban would encourage Olu to return for another season to gain strength and try for a B1G championship team.

2. Joey Porter Jr. Saban would do WHAT HE ALWAYS DOES when dealing with LATE 1st round picks: Encourage Joey to return to change late 1st/early 2nd round money into top 10 overall money.

3. Parker Washington. Saban would encourage Parker to return and build his draft status from 2nd day to 1st day money, and to claim a B1G championship.

4. Curtis Jacobs. Saban would encourage Curtis to build himself into a 1st day pick and come back for another season.

One of the main reasons Franklin can't get over the hurdle is that while ELITE programs convince the stars to return, his always leave early.

Whats that? Larry Johnson Sr on line 1? Telling Penn State kids to leave while telling his Ohio state kids to stay?

Exactly. Root for your team to win, not go pro just because.

Ask Ellis Brooks or Deion Barnes.

Is Nick your dad or something? You seem to know him really well or at least what he's thinking.
Are you on a coaching staff or just in the front office for a team?

I hate to burst your bubble with actual facts, but 5 of the 7 players last year from Bama had eligibilty left. 4 of the 10 in 2021. 6 of the 9 in 2020.
So I guess if you are asking, either they don't listen to Nicky or he told them to leave.

1. Olu Fashanu. Saban would inform this young man that he is ONLY 19 years old, and the NFL is a man's league full of men 10 years older than him. Saban would encourage Olu to return for another season to gain strength and try for a B1G championship team.

2. Joey Porter Jr. Saban would do WHAT HE ALWAYS DOES when dealing with LATE 1st round picks: Encourage Joey to return to change late 1st/early 2nd round money into top 10 overall money.

3. Parker Washington. Saban would encourage Parker to return and build his draft status from 2nd day to 1st day money, and to claim a B1G championship.

4. Curtis Jacobs. Saban would encourage Curtis to build himself into a 1st day pick and come back for another season.

One of the main reasons Franklin can't get over the hurdle is that while ELITE programs convince the stars to return, his always leave early.

Whats that? Larry Johnson Sr on line 1? Telling Penn State kids to leave while telling his Ohio state kids to stay?

What would you do if you were looking at a million dollar pay day. Get paid or risk your health for the glory of old state. Seems like a easy choice to me.

Well, I do know that at OSU many of the best players are on a 3 year plan. They generally do not return after 3 years if they are tabbed to go in the 1st 2 rounds.

I stopped reading here because this is wrong

I have no doubt that Nick Saban, given his years of experience, years of practice dealing with elite athletes, and credibility as a winning coach, would be very persuasive, but I have to believe that projections from draft analysts, scouts and others have at least as much a part to do with whether a kid comes out early. They ALL harbor dreams of playing on Sundays.

Well, I do know that at OSU many of the best players are on a 3 year plan. They generally do not return after 3 years if they are tabbed to go in the 1st 2 rounds.
Zach Harrison
C.J. Stroud
Parris Johnson

So yeah, u wrong.

Harrison has only really come into his own this year. Had he left after 3 years it is doubtful he would have been a 1st or 2nd round pick. Stroud and Johnson are both juniors. I doubt either is back for a 4th year.
Harrison was a 2nd round pick on every mock I saw, so was Johnson and so was C.J.

Harrison was a 2nd round pick on every mock I saw, so was Johnson and so was C.J.
Johnson and Stroud are in their 3rd year now. They are not yet eligible to go to the NFL yet. Harrison is probably a 2nd rounder now. I don't think that he was before this year.

You causing problems again, Gunsie??

Whatever happened to Delcolion915?? Seems like the coward ran away.

Johnson and Stroud are in their 3rd year now. They are not yet eligible to go to the NFL yet. Harrison is probably a 2nd rounder now. I don't think that he was before this year.
Don't confuse him with facts, it gets in the way of his argument.

Zach Harrison
C.J. Stroud
Parris Johnson

So yeah, u wrong.

Uhhhh.....

CJ is a redshirt sophomore. He's leaving after this year. Paris is a true junior. He's leaving after this year.

I don't understand your point.

We overwhelmingly lose our stud juniors to the NFL draft. Chris Olave is one of the very few exceptions, and for him it was in part about elevating draft status (in which he did).

Blaming James Franklin for losing 1st or 2nd round NFL draft picks to the NFL a year early is crazy. Anybody in their right mind would advise Joey Porter Jr. to go pro after this year, for example. Ditto for Dotson last year.

Reactions: rcy4499 and bytir
Uhhhh.....

CJ is a redshirt sophomore. He's leaving after this year. Paris is a true junior. He's leaving after this year.

I don't understand your point.

We overwhelmingly lose our stud juniors to the NFL draft. Chris Olave is one of the very few exceptions, and for him it was in part about elevating draft status (in which he did).

he does not have one. The larger point is this, don’t argue with the idiot.

• Haha
Reactions: rcy4499

He would tell ‘fans’ like you to F off.

Reactions: Fac

Go for 2 to try to get up by 6 instead of kicking the PAT and then lose in OT instead of winning in regulation.

Reactions: rrdd2021 and Fac
Go for 2 to try to get up by 6 instead of kicking the PAT and then lose in OT instead of winning in regulation.
And don’t forget to have your defense completely lost after a time out on the final play when the other team is going for two to win.

ADVERTISEMENT