ADVERTISEMENT

What's on the menu for Saturday?

ryoder1

Feb 17, 2007
Interested in what everyone is planning to eat to kickoff the Nittany Lions season. Please share unique recipes that you like.

It's WVU, so on Friday I'm going to drive around until I find a dead possum and then cook it on the rotisserie overnight.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Turkey burgers, cajun fries, cole slaw with Sam Adams cherry wheat beer.

It's WVU, so on Friday I'm going to drive around until I find a dead possum and then cook it on the rotisserie overnight.
In honor of the game….road killed venison sautéed in raccoon fat, shrooms, and bathed in leaks. Grits. A side of dandelion and ginseng salad. With a ‘shine chaser.

Acorn pie for desert.

Reactions: bison13
In honor of the game….road killed venison sautéed in raccoon fat, shrooms, and bathed in leaks. Grits. A side of dandelion and ginseng salad. With a ‘shine chaser.

Acorn pie for desert.
don't forget hot dogs with cole slaw on them. Ramps pasta on the side.
Spaghetti-and-Ramps-square-7.jpg

slaw-dogs-1-2-1.jpg

I am on a cleanse. Saturday is my last day of the first seven days (the hard part). So I have to take 10 pills three times a day (cleans, protein and some other stuff) with two protein shakes. I am allowed to have as much veggies as I want and half of that intake with a limited list of fruits. So I'll probably have some cabbage soup, lentil soup and/or quinoa stuffed peppers.

Starting Sunday, I can include 6 oz of chicken or fish.

Five days in, I've lost about 6 pounds. I expect to be down 15 ~ 20 by the end of the cleanse (21 days).

161.jpg

I am on a cleanse. Saturday is my last day of the first seven days (the hard part). So I have to take 10 pills three times a day (cleans, protein and some other stuff) with two protein shakes. I am allowed to have as much veggies as I want and half of that intake with a limited list of fruits. So I'll probably have some cabbage soup, lentil soup and/or quinoa stuffed peppers.

Starting Sunday, I can include 6 oz of chicken or fish.

Five days in, I've lost about 6 pounds. I expect to be down 15 ~ 20 by the end of the cleanse (21 days).

161.jpg
You has all summer to do without ruining the opener lol

Interested in what everyone is planning to eat to kickoff the Nittany Lions season. Please share unique recipes that you like.
eers, hopefully lots of eers ground up and swallowed, and I'm not talking corn.

My question was in jest.

The juice boxes gave it away.....

Under your circumstances, a terrestrial radio along with a DVR could be 2 useful tools to enhance your experience.

Great for skipping political ads/commercials too.
I I know it was. And the game will definitely be recorded so that I can watch it at my own pace.

Reactions: Lion_Backer
Any breakfast menu ideas? Kickoff is 9am for me on the left coast.
Start with a Bloody Mary. If the game is going well, at halftime 3 egg omelet with chopped bacon, sautéed scallops, a little hot sauce (your choice), and the vegetable of your choice. I prefer sautéed spinach and onion. If you are a garlic fan, put it with the spinach and onion when you sauté. No such thing as too much bacon and scallops.

If game is going poorly, skip food. Go straight to your favorite aged scotch. Drink to oblivion if they lose.

Start with a Bloody Mary. If the game is going well, at halftime 3 egg omelet with chopped bacon, sautéed scallops, a little hot sauce (your choice), and the vegetable of your choice. I prefer sautéed spinach and onion. If you are a garlic fan, put it with the spinach and onion when you sauté. No such thing as too much bacon and scallops.

If game is going poorly, skip food. Go straight to your favorite aged scotch. Drink to oblivion if they lose.
This sounds tasty but will challenge my culinary skills a bit. Yeah in my opinion, you can't have enough garlic, bacon and even onions. Love scallops as well. Thank you for the recipe!

This sounds tasty but will challenge my culinary skills a bit. Yeah in my opinion, you can't have enough garlic, bacon and even onions. Love scallops as well. Thank you for the recipe!
No skills needed really and quite good. Hopefully no heavy drinking necessary.

Another choice that sounds awful but is really quite good. Hot Dogs with melted Swiss and strawberry jam or sausage with melted Swiss and apricot jam. Just done go heavy with the jam.

• Wow
homemade pizza from the pizza oven. I make my own dough and sauce. Can cook a pizza in about 90 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT