ADVERTISEMENT

When does Hack play?

The game should have started by now and I'm not near a TV. I'd appreciate someone posting updates of how Hackenberg is doing.
They do have an AAF app that I believ u can watch the game on

At half he was like 3/11 for 20 yards and an interception.

They do have an AAF app that I believ u can watch the game on

I just downloaded it. What a weird app. It's like it's a video game but I think it's show what is happening in the actual game, albeit in a very ineffectual way. I can't even get a text description, just weeble-type football players going all over the field.

2nd posession they started with 5 straight runs, Hack threw a catchable ball on a slant but was dropped by the receiver. His next throw was downfield to the goal line and the receiver had a chance to make the catch but dropped it. Missed field goal attempt.

I just downloaded it. What a weird app. It's like it's a video game but I think it's show what is happening in the actual game, albeit in a very ineffectual way. I can't even get a text description, just weeble-type football players going all over the field.

It’s not very user friendly for stats but here’s a text play by play of the game.

https://aaf.com/

2nd posession they started with 5 straight runs, Hack threw a catchable ball on a slant but was dropped by the receiver. His next throw was downfield to the goal line and the receiver had a chance to make the catch but dropped it. Missed field goal attempt.

I just tuned in to see the last couple of drives and not sure who or what the OC for memphis is doing, is it Donovan? Just odd calls.
And yea Hack's WR's have not helped at all on that drive.

Reactions: psu00
I just tuned in to see the last couple of drives and not sure who or what the OC for memphis is doing, is it Donovan? Just odd calls.

Per their website there is no OC listed so not sure who is calling the plays as Singletary doesn’t even look like he knows where he’s at.

OC is Mumme the Dummy (Hal) I thought he was a throw it all over the lot guy

Reactions: BBrown

The same Hal Mumme that was at KU when we beat them in the bowl game many years ago? Wasn't he supposed to be some "river boat gambler"?
If so, wow doesn't look like much of a "gambler". LOL.

I imagine that they are trying to rebuild Hack's confidence and that is why they seem reluctant to throw it much.

I imagine that they are trying to rebuild Hack's confidence and that is why they seem reluctant to throw it much.

That could be but damn if you're trying to build someone's confidence give them some short crossing routes to complete not throw them back there at 3'rd at 14.

Nope, he left the team in November.

“In what has been described as a mutual agreement, Mumme and the Express have now decided to go their separate ways, the team confirmed to The Commercial Appeal Wednesday. One of the pioneers of the "Air Raid" offense, Mumme's most recent coaching stop was as offensive coordinator at Jackson State. Hired in December 2017, the former Kentucky coach resigned in early October.“

https://www.commercialappeal.com/st...-memphis-express-have-parted-ways/2079903002/

The same Hal Mumme that was at KU when we beat them in the bowl game many years ago? Wasn't he supposed to be some "river boat gambler"?
If so, wow doesn't look like much of a "gambler". LOL.

The last time PSU beat KU in a bowl game was at the end of the 1968 season.

You mean the University of Kentucky? (UK?)

Nope, he left the team in November.

“In what has been described as a mutual agreement, Mumme and the Express have now decided to go their separate ways, the team confirmed to The Commercial Appeal Wednesday. One of the pioneers of the "Air Raid" offense, Mumme's most recent coaching stop was as offensive coordinator at Jackson State. Hired in December 2017, the former Kentucky coach resigned in early October.“

https://www.commercialappeal.com/st...-memphis-express-have-parted-ways/2079903002/
Hmm I thought I found it in the Memphis web site. Maybe it was a news article oh well it doesn’t look like his offense

https://aaf.com/jobs

uncle_sam_i_want_you_vintage_poster-r12a473d1a7384eb88799ddedfd0fc5ac_2us3_8byvr_540.jpg

Game should resonate well with us Penn State fans (if pulling for Hackenberg’s team): bouncing ball called a catch ... reviewer saying he can’t get a good angle to see the play that everyone else can see ... a TD called back.

At least San Antonio and Deion Barnes won last night.

I like Hack, and I want him to succeed so bad it hurts. But he hasn't done himself any favors. Granted, the play calling, his teammates on offense, and some home cookin' by the refs haven't helped, but he just hasn't been getting the job done.

I like Hack, and I want him to succeed so bad it hurts. But he hasn't done himself any favors. Granted, the play calling, his teammates on offense, and some home cookin' by the refs haven't helped, but he just hasn't been getting the job done.
Put the back up in, he just threw a pick

Here is video from Hack from a preseason game with the Jets. At 1:33 and 2:55 are the two long passes, which I wanted to look at and compare his throwing motion in the long pass to that in the video above. It's hard to tell for sure because these are both L-to-R whereas the one above is R-to-L, but it does look more compact now.

ETA: Shoot, for some reason it doesn't seem to play so I guess you have to go to Youtube to see them.

Ol Hack still has alot of work to do. 2 very important things in my amateur eyes.

1. He stairs down his receiver (same as he did in PSU).
2. His accuracy leaves alot to be desired.

Just doesn't seem that he's progressed since his PSU days... Still rooting for him to succeed...

Here is video from Hack from a preseason game with the Jets. At 1:33 and 2:55 are the two long passes, which I wanted to look at and compare his throwing motion in the long pass to that in the video above. It's hard to tell for sure because these are both L-to-R whereas the one above is R-to-L, but it does look more compact now.

ETA: Shoot, for some reason it doesn't seem to play so I guess you have to go to Youtube to see them.

Your "game tempo" gets faster as you go from HS to CFB to the NFL. I know this video is from about three years ago, but his release on the throw looks slow for the tempo of the game. He also looks like he is not fully using his arm to deliver the throw, more his wrist snap.

Reactions: step.eng69
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT