ADVERTISEMENT

When PSU beats Michigan, we are not home free

Online Persona

Feb 2, 2022
Yes, on paper Michigan has a little higher team talent composite. Yes, they are higher ranked. Yes, they have home field advantage and it has been obvious the last 2 games that the referines will be protecting them.

But PSU is 5-0 and the outhouse is not imposing. We have 2 weeks to get better and with lots of young Uber talented players playing crucial roles, this will help. They were pups but come the 6th game of the year, they have seen a few things. Last 2 games were a comfortable let down week win following a blowout win at Auburn and a monsoon. Those 2 games will not be a good comp for the Michigan game. The team will be up for it like they were up for Auburn.

However, it is a brutal 3 game stretch that I don't think Alabama, Georgia, or Ohio St would survive unscathed. It will take everything these guys have to be up for a good and physical Minnesota team right after Michigan. Perhaps the white out will be the saving grace on this. And being up for and playing your A game 3 straight weeks with 2 physical teams wearing you down and then bringing in the most talented team by far in game 3 of that stretch.

It's just going to be single digit probability of surviving that 3 game stretch undefeated. That's just reality. I don't know how they make our schedules but you never see Michigan and Ohio St with the back to back to back tough game stretches that are a staple of PSU’s schedules.

So when we beat Michigan and it will take being 7 to 10 points better with the referines, the fans need to turn beaver stadium into the loudest place in the country over those next 2 weeks. Because our team will just be getting into the gauntlet.

Michigan has 4 game stretch of @Iowa @Indy psu msu. That is 3 very Physical teams.
Osu this year has @msu bye Iowa @psu.

While it’s not to the level neither stretch is easy.

You’re not out of any woods until you win all your games and make it to the title game win it, go to the playoffs , win two games, hoist the trophy,
Then you start again the next day.

Reactions: bdgan
Right now, Michigan has a better defense, better offense, better special teams (as a whole) and has played better teams overall. Stop with the whining about officiating. It hasn't been the case in a decade. Right now, I have Michigan on top, not just in this game but in the conference.

Reactions: LandoComando
Right now, Michigan has a better defense, better offense, better special teams (as a whole) and has played better teams overall. Stop with the whining about officiating. It hasn't been the case in a decade. Right now, I have Michigan on top, not just in this game but in the conference.
Right now Penn State is ranked slightly ahead in terms of strength of schedule thus far, 33 to 36. So, your statement is inaccurate.

Michigan has 4 game stretch of @Iowa @Indy psu msu. That is 3 very Physical teams.
Osu this year has @msu bye Iowa @psu.

While it’s not to the level neither stretch is easy.
Iowa is down but physical and same with mich st although they are looking like a total push over (Minnesota beat them 34-7). Indiana just lost by 2 TDs to Nebraska and by 3 TDs to Cincinnati who lost a ton of players from their team last year.

Stop with the whining about officiating. It hasn't been the case in a decade.

Laughable. Michigan was gifted 2 turnovers that were not turnovers in a 1 score game against Maryland 2 weeks ago and Iowa just went public criticizing the biased officiating they got last week.

Yes, on paper Michigan has a little higher team talent composite. Yes, they are higher ranked. Yes, they have home field advantage and it has been obvious the last 2 games that the referines will be protecting them.

But PSU is 5-0 and the outhouse is not imposing. We have 2 weeks to get better and with lots of young Uber talented players playing crucial roles, this will help. They were pups but come the 6th game of the year, they have seen a few things. Last 2 games were a comfortable let down week win following a blowout win at Auburn and a monsoon. Those 2 games will not be a good comp for the Michigan game. The team will be up for it like they were up for Auburn.

However, it is a brutal 3 game stretch that I don't think Alabama, Georgia, or Ohio St would survive unscathed. It will take everything these guys have to be up for a good and physical Minnesota team right after Michigan. Perhaps the white out will be the saving grace on this. And being up for and playing your A game 3 straight weeks with 2 physical teams wearing you down and then bringing in the most talented team by far in game 3 of that stretch.

It's just going to be single digit probability of surviving that 3 game stretch undefeated. That's just reality. I don't know how they make our schedules but you never see Michigan and Ohio St with the back to back to back tough game stretches that are a staple of PSU’s schedules.

So when we beat Michigan and it will take being 7 to 10 points better with the referines, the fans need to turn beaver stadium into the loudest place in the country over those next 2 weeks. Because our team will just be getting into the gauntlet.
Part of why OSU and um don’t have stretches like that is they play each other last. We tend to play them both mid year, so we can get them together. The fact that we get one, if not both in October, separated them from their game

Reactions: lazydave841
Huh

Reactions: hlstone
Part of why OSU and um don’t have stretches like that is they play each other last. We tend to play them both mid year, so we can get them together. The fact that we get one, if not both in October, separated them from their game
PSU has play OSU and Um 7 time back to back since joining the BIG 10, I wonder how many times OSU played PSU then UM and UM played PSU then OSU? I bet it is zero times.

Reactions: Online Persona
No one really knows how the West teams are going to do before the season starts. IL looked like a pushover before the season started, but unexpectedly looks like it will be a test for Michigan now. Michigan has IL before OSU.

Right now, Michigan has a better defense, better offense, better special teams (as a whole) and has played better teams overall.
Michigan played 3 very weak teams, Maryland who might be good, and Iowa who can't score. The only basis for saying Michigan has played better teams is Maryland.

All of this--well until the very end. I think Ohio State is better but we'll see

PSU has play OSU and Um 7 time back to back since joining the BIG 10, I wonder how many times OSU played PSU then UM and UM played PSU then OSU? I bet it is zero times.
Even the SEC is smart enough to seperate the top teams from back to back to back situations. Even the best teams have a let down somewhere in a grind like that.

The big 10 knows this as well and simply applies it differently for Ohio St/Michigan verses the top threats to Ohio St/Michigan.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
ADVERTISEMENT