ADVERTISEMENT

Whiteout game vs Minnesota on ABC

doctornick

Sep 4, 2007
No surprise, but the Oct 22 Whiteout game versus Minnesota will be carried on ABC. It was previously announced as a kickoff of 7:30 PM but TV was not finalized.

If PSU and Minnesota win this weekend (neither a given), there is a decent chance that Gameday would come to town for the matchup. However, UCLA/Oregon seems like potentially the most likely destination.

No surprise, but the Oct 22 Whiteout game versus Minnesota will be carried on ABC. It was previously announced as a kickoff of 7:30 PM but TV was not finalized.

If PSU and Minnesota win this weekend (neither a given), there is a decent chance that Gameday would come to town for the matchup. However, UCLA/Oregon seems like potentially the most likely destination.
A PSU football related post on our message board! How refreshing!

Agreed but if we beat Michigan that could change things. There is an interesting substory with Minny's OC formerly working for CJF after he was poached by PSU and then let go after the COVID season (meaning unfairly if you want to spin it that way). While UCLA is kind of interesting, i watched a little of the USC and UCLA games and saw a lot of emply seats. they'll get more viewers if they do PSU, IMHO>

Agreed but if we beat Michigan that could change things. There is an interesting substory with Minny's OC formerly working for CJF after he was poached by PSU and then let go after the COVID season (meaning unfairly if you want to spin it that way). While UCLA is kind of interesting, i watched a little of the USC and UCLA games and saw a lot of emply seats. they'll get more viewers if they do PSU, IMHO>

I've also seen the point that UCLA/Oregon is on FOX so Herbie is not broadcasting that game. He'd like go to Minn/PSU or less likely Alabama for his broadcasting duties that night. Going from Eugene, OR to Happy Valley or Tuscoloosa in 7-7.5 hours would be a daunting undertaking. Don't know if that would impact the decision by ESPN regarding location for Gameday.

Was let go he was let go when he didn't show up to work. So spin that!

well, he showed up (and is showing up) at Minny
Not according to his own statements as well as JFs.... He showed up after a leave of absense.....
During the leave of absense he prepared the back up QBs.... lol
Such BS.

Starting a West Coast 6am GameDay in pitch darkness is a dodgy look on TV.

Just curious, does anyone actually know the dirt with KC's one year here? Id even like to understand what is rumored about his time here. Just as simple as square peg/round hole?

Why isn't the White Out game vs Ohio State?

Seems like you wouldn't need a White Out to beat the Gophers...

Do you mean a White Out is dependent on the time of the game? How could TV rights interfere with the selection of when PSU asks the fans to wear white?
I believe because FOX had first rights to the OSU vs PSU game and they want on their BIG Noon kickoff time. White Outs don’t work so well at Noon in broad daylight.

Just curious, does anyone actually know the dirt with KC's one year here? Id even like to understand what is rumored about his time here. Just as simple as square peg/round hole?

I've seen grumbling of a leave of absence, but no verification. I don't know that it was a peg problem because our under center, multiple TE looks are something you would see in a KC offense. Big thing was the covid year was a torpedo to our season. I'd say there was some head butting over installing the offense when you don't even see the field until September.

I believe because FOX had first rights to the OSU vs PSU game and they want on their BIG Noon kickoff time. White Outs don’t work so well at Noon in broad daylight.

Penn State in White Out games is what, one game over .500?

I thought it was always supposed to be the toughest home game of the year. Might as well make it against Rutgers or on Homecoming.

Penn State in White Out games is what, one game over .500?

I thought it was always supposed to be the toughest home game of the year. Might as well make it against Rutgers or on Homecoming.

I think it has been for all of them save for this year. I believe they asked students and season ticket holders about it and the overwhelming response was that they preferred a night game vs the best opponent.

I think it has been for all of them save for this year. I believe they asked students and season ticket holders about it and the overwhelming response was that they preferred a night game vs the best opponent.
They have a very real chance of losing this one.

ADVERTISEMENT