ADVERTISEMENT

Who actually coaches the Scout Teams during the practice week? The reason I ask is

PeetzPoolBoy

Sep 24, 2013
that I suspect it's a bunch of Graduate Assistants, seeing as how the primary position coaches would seemingly be busy coaching the 1st & 2nd string rosters.

Does Franklin ever hire "Special Scout Team Consultants" who have thoroughly dissected an upcoming opponent for no other reason than to instruct the Scout Teams as to which plays or blitzes to run to most expose, and thus instruct, our 1st and 2nd teams?

that I suspect it's a bunch of Graduate Assistants, seeing as how the primary position coaches would seemingly be busy coaching the 1st & 2nd string rosters.

Does Franklin ever hire "Special Scout Team Consultants" who have thoroughly dissected an upcoming opponent for no other reason than to instruct the Scout Teams as to which plays or blitzes to run to most expose, and thus instruct, our 1st and 2nd teams?

The defensive staff diagrams the opponent’s plays on to play cards and the GA’s show the play cards to the offensive scout team players. The primary defensive assistants are very involved in making sure the scout team is giving a good look. A similar process takes place with defensive scout team. The offensive coaches script the plays they will run in practice. They also make play cards that show the defensive scout team what they want them to do each play. At least that is how it was when I was in college. It’s all very scripted in order to maximize their time.

Last edited:
The defensive staff diagrams the opponent’s plays on to play cards and the GA’s show the play cards to the offensive scout team players. The primary defensive assistants are very involved in making sure the scout team is giving a good look. A similar process takes place with defensive scout team. The offensive coaches script the plays they will run in practice. They also make play cards that show the defensive scout team what they want them to do each play. At least that is how it was when I was in college. It’s all very scripted in order to maximize their time.
Yup. That's the way it works

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT