ADVERTISEMENT

Why didn't Spanier name Frazier, Masser, and Peetz as defendants?

PennSt8er

Aug 16, 2001
Seems he has an outright claim against them and they have a few pennies in their piggy banks. I'm also disappointed the Paternos didn't name them directly as well.

I was wondering that myself. Statute of limitations probably ran, though.

Freeh is the big name, and didnt statute run out on suing the others?

Span filed notice that he intended to sue Freeh last year on the last possible day that he could.

Originally posted by Pardlion:
I was wondering that myself. Statute of limitations probably ran, though.
Interesting that it clearly applies in some instances but doesn't in others.

wink.r191677.gif

Interesting issue though.

Penn state enters into nondispargment agreement with Spanier. Penn State breaches the agreement because 3 trustees made disparaging comments. Were those trustees authorized to make those disparaging comments in behalf of psu? Probably not. So, what happens if psu has to pay, say $10 million, due to unauthorized disparaging statements made by these trustees?

that's easy. they simply just up the number of phone calls to the alumni asking for money. after these past few years and seeing how PSU is just throwing around millions of dollars like it nothing, it really starts to explain why tuition is so expensive.

Originally posted by Talpsu:
that's easy. they simply just up the number of phone calls to the alumni asking for money. after these past few years and seeing how PSU is just throwing around millions of dollars like it nothing, it really starts to explain why tuition is so expensive.
Agreed. I am helping one local student of my choice. I won't be donating again until some of these suits see the light of day.

There is a divergence of interests on this issue of the authority of Masser Peetz and Frazier to make disparaging comments about Spanier, and on that basis, I think that they should be recusing themselves from any decision-making having to do with this litigation. They have a disqualifying conflict of interest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT