ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

The thing about Levi being named the starter is that one on one attention the starters get as they build towards March. Whatever the kid is today (really good) he is miles ahead of that by March if he is the 157 pounder.
The more I watch him the more I think he needs to shirt this year. Claw looks like he has improved and can carry us at 157. Next year there will be a whole new beast. But hey I'm not Cael so I'll go with what he thinks

giphy.gif

Next year he prolly wont be 157. Run him now.
Yep. The Claw has made fantastic strides, and I won't lose any sleep over Terrell being Cael's choice this year.

As far as who will be better in March and provide us with the best chance of getting past the blood round? I suspect Levi is capable of a couple of jumps from where he is now until March, especially if he gets a good 10 starts or more under his belt against ranked competition.

Granted, we probably don't need the points from either wrestler this year, what are we really taking about? In reality it is comparing Levi's potential this year to getting that 4th year from him, 5 years from now. I also think the popular speciation that if we shirt him we have a 4xer, is based upon crazy high unrealistic expectations we levy on every top recruit we get these days.

If we did not have this rediculous log jamb of talent at the mid/upper weights, I would say shirt him. Frankly I have concerns on what this looks like on paper.

As it is, I think we lose 'at least' one of these new kids to the portal over the next three years as a result. So it is more of a calculation tied to how do we make all of this work given the pipeline of talent we face, coupled quite frankly with treating Terrell with respect.

I like running with them both (more Claw than Levi) through December, but pulling Levi's shirt for the Big 10 part of the schedule.

I also have a slight concern that one of our '5' horseman of the apocalypse, gets injured and in so doing we lose 20+ points right off the top. Levi is likely a stronger insurance policy come March, granted he might only get us 5 points or so if you want to be pessimistic.

Claw has to win that match against a young for his age true freshman, being that claw is really age wise a senior. This seems to be claws MO wrestle good wrestlers close and lose. Is claw a better wrestle than last year ? Yes, will he get Points at nationals? Not many.

Reactions: Ski
Yep. The Claw has made fantastic strides, and I won't lose any sleep over Terrell being Cael's choice this year.

As far as who will be better in March and provide us with the best chance of getting past the blood round? I suspect Levi is capable of a couple of jumps from where he is now until March, especially if he gets a good 10 starts or more under his belt against ranked competition.

Granted, we probably don't need the points from either wrestler this year, what are we really taking about? In reality it is comparing Levi's potential this year to getting that 4th year from him, 5 years from now. I also think the popular speciation that if we shirt him we have a 4xer, is based upon crazy high unrealistic expectations we levy on every top recruit we get these days.

If we did not have this rediculous log jamb of talent at the mid/upper weights, I would say shirt him. Frankly I have concerns on what this looks like on paper.

As it is, I think we lose 'at least' one of these new kids to the portal over the next three years as a result. So it is more of a calculation tied to how do we make all of this work given the pipeline of talent we face, coupled quite frankly with treating Terrell with respect.

I like running with them both (more Claw than Levi) through December, but pulling Levi's shirt for the Big 10 part of the schedule.

I also have a slight concern that one of our '5' horseman of the apocalypse, gets injured and in so doing we lose 20+ points right off the top. Levi is likely a stronger insurance policy come March, granted he might only get us 5 points or so if you want to be pessimistic.

Perhaps Levi is interested in red shirting? 🤷‍♂️

Based on what we’ve seen so far, it’s difficult to envision either Levi or Barraclough winning more than 1-2 matches at rationals. Now that could change as the season and wrestlers progress, but until / unless it does, I would think it’s preferable to keep Levi’s full four years of eligibility intact.

Based on what we’ve seen so far, it’s difficult to envision either Levi or Barraclough winning more than 1-2 matches at rationals. Now that could change as the season and wrestlers progress, but until / unless it does, I would think it’s preferable to keep Levi’s full four years of eligibility intact.
If Levi suits it against Lehigh, at the end of that match we will have a pretty solid idea of where Levi stands against top tier competition.

Reactions: mcpat
"Rationals" is an interesting typo.

Probably also a term that should be banned from message boards.

Both Barraclough and Haines have my full respect for their effort and energy yesterday. More importantly, both are fully committed to the program. They are "youngsters" and will continue to grow talent-wise. No one knows how this will play out for 2022-2023.

Both Barraclough and Haines have my full respect for their effort and energy yesterday. More importantly, both are fully committed to the program. They are "youngsters" and will continue to grow talent-wise. No one knows how this will play out for 2022-2023.
I bet you removed the magnetic strip doors on your junk refrigerator before you took it too scrapyard didnt you?

The more I watch him the more I think he needs to shirt this year. Claw looks like he has improved and can carry us at 157. Next year there will be a whole new beast. But hey I'm not Cael so I'll go with what he thinks
Well, I don't know. This is actually a hard one to call. Claw HAS improved, but I remember Cyler Sanderson beating David Taylor in November then 2 months later DT was majoring Cyler in the room, but Cael kept DTs shirt on. Then of course other guys, Cael frees them up...Haines won 2-1, so that is another thing but then again I have a feeling this room has a LOT of 2-1 no matter what. Will we need the points? Man this one is a close call.

Let's see about the Scuffle because I have a gut feeling the answer will be obvious after that.

Haines might be able to stay 157 for longer than we think. The diet of a HS kid, even an elite one, is not the diet of a college athlete. He could very easily get stronger, and maintain or even lose weight.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Haines might be able to stay 157 for longer than we think. The diet of a HS kid, even an elite one, is not the diet of a college athlete. He could very easily get stronger, and maintain or even lose weight.
So hard to tell. Ken was a monstrous 197 in college. Chris was closer to Levi's current size.

With how much I’ve read about Beau at 149 (had to eat a ton, couldn’t run in fear of not keeping weight on), it would seem his walk around weight is close to 141. On top of that, seeing him be the smaller of he and Evans, when Evans was at 133 last year, I’m left wondering if Beau could possibly be RBY’s replacement at 133 next year.

Reactions: Cenosillicaphobia
With how much I’ve read about Beau at 149 (had to eat a ton, couldn’t run in fear of not keeping weight on), it would seem his walk around weight is close to 141. On top of that, seeing him be the smaller of he and Evans, when Evans was at 133 last year, I’m left wondering if Beau could possibly be RBY’s replacement at 133 next year.
I seem to remember BoBar saying he was willing to go 33 or 41 when he first arrived.

That is a really interesting question.

OT to wrestling ... but WTF is going on in Columbus?

Rays from the nuclear powered tanning beds weakened the concrete? Has to cure slowly to reach maximum strength. The team and coaches will be pale imitations of themselves. Hope the wrestlers get lead lined jockstraps. They may burn out faster than usual under Tan Tom's guidance.

OT to wrestling ... but WTF is going on in Columbus?

Get rid of the 4 foot thick radiation shielding walls and just put windows in. Ryan says windows are awesome. Then reinforce any weak spots with giant posters of KeShawn Hayes “pinning” Zain.
Must have been regular engineers. All the blackshirt engineers are working on the new hawk Johnstownsteel Arena

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT