ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

ICYMI,

UWW is in State College this week creating some content. So far, just a series of tweets--but it looks like they'll have longer form videos too.

Just one example (check out their feed for more):

Gunsie is adamant that we absolutely must have 8 Olympic medalists, to be able to win, otherwise we are doomed.😉

And break Crop's heart? Can't do that.
Besides, I am really not in favor of men's freestyle gaining 2 spots at the expense of 6 men's Greco spots. That ain't a win.
giphy.gif

And break Crop's heart? Can't do that.
Besides, I am really not in favor of men's freestyle gaining 2 spots at the expense of 6 men's Greco spots. That ain't a win.

Some things supersede our own personal entertainment.

Think of Greco like and endangered species — might not be relevant in your day-to-day life or have tangible utility, but philosophy dictates an ethic where all life forms have a fundamental right to existence.

Same analogy applies to IronBird (and such ilk). And you never know when their utility might ultimately be discovered.

Yeah, we should pretty much expect winners to think like this (or at least train themselves to do so) . . . but there is also something to be said for keeping one’s thoughts private.
Completely disagree. Carter is who he is. I wouldn’t want him to conform to some idea of how others think he should behave. We have room for all different personalities on the team.

Completely disagree. Carter is who he is. I wouldn’t want him to conform to some idea of how others think he should behave. We have room for all different personalities on the team.
Except that Slush didn't really say anything contrary to that. I suspect there are plenty of us who ❤️ Carter's attitude, confidence, and work ethic but enjoy the talking he does on the mat more than some of the stuff he says off it. Ain't nothing wrong with that.

To each his own.
But your conformity statement seems pretty inconsistent with your posting history (especially when you’ve brought politics to this wrestling forum).

I was fine with everything he said until he said Mekhi didn’t want to wrestle. Lewis is a competitor, win or lose.

Reactions: slushhead
To each his own.
But your conformity statement seems pretty inconsistent with your posting history (especially when you’ve brought politics to this wrestling forum).
I’ll disregard your straw man argument and once again strongly disagree with your judgmental take on Carter’s personality.

Independent of the debate, I feel like I have noticed more humility from Carter recently--his post match interview for Flo, his recent tweets, etc. Definitely one of the coolest things about college is how much growing you do in those years. Carter is one of a kind, but also a moving target, as he should be.

Ehh - Hidlay is a competitor too and sometimes he doesn’t want to wrestle. Lewis sometimes doesn’t want to engage.
It seemed like Lewis spent about 5 seconds trying to score from neutral against Carter, and that was on a counter. Not exaggerating. The game plan seemed to be, “ensure no scoring on the feet and then hope something happens.”

Except that Slush didn't really say anything contrary to that. I suspect there are plenty of us who ❤️ Carter's attitude, confidence, and work ethic but enjoy the talking he does on the mat more than some of the stuff he says off it. Ain't nothing wrong with that.
if you can back it up, it ain't braggin :).

Reactions: WexfordWarrior
Except when he said, “there is something to be said to keeping one’s thoughts private”, the implication is fairly clear. It’s not worth rehashing after this, but he essentially said “don’t talk so much”, and I take issue with that sentiment. A simple disagreement, not world-shattering.

Hidlay is wrestling a smart match actually. As long as the refs let him back out over and over, keeping it within one TD at the end, why would he not. Like college top game, you game plan within the gray areas of the rules and if it works for those opponents why would you not for the win. Not that i like it or agree with this, but it is what it is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT