ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

The Hidlays seem like really good guys. I remember that interview Hayden gave after NCAAs last year that was very classy.

That said, I’m with the Chicken Man with feeling frustrated on Trent’s matches with AB.
I fault the refs for allowing it more than Hidlay for doing it. You've got to wrestle to your strengths ... and away from your weaknesses. David refused to fight on Goliath's terms too and took his one good shot from space and from the far edge.

Like David, it'll take divine intervention for Hidlay to take down AB.

PS: @Folkstylefan made the same basic point above while I was typing and I agree with him/her.

Hidlay is wrestling a smart match actually. As long as the refs let him back out over and over, keeping it within one TD at the end, why would he not. Like college top game, you game plan within the gray areas of the rules and if it works for those opponents why would you not for the win. Not that i like it or agree with this, but it is what it is.
Because he is from PA and he should know better.

Hidlay is wrestling a smart match actually. As long as the refs let him back out over and over, keeping it within one TD at the end, why would he not. Like college top game, you game plan within the gray areas of the rules and if it works for those opponents why would you not for the win. Not that i like it or agree with this, but it is what it is.
Agree - it’s not dumb. Everytime he immediately goes to edge, AB needs to backpedal quickly back to center and wait - do it 2 or 3 times and make it so obvious that no ref can ignore. Easier said than done.

Agree - it’s not dumb. Everytime he immediately goes to edge, AB needs to backpedal quickly back to center and wait - do it 2 or 3 times and make it so obvious that no ref can ignore. Easier said than done.
Especially because a huge portion of Trent’s actual offense is based on forward pressure with an underhook. AB might inadvertently open things up if he did that.

Princeton now has a hole at 125 - a Glory Hole if you will

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Because he is from PA and he should know better.

And where do you think he learned it from???

They don't call it the PA Shuffle for nothing. PA guys use the line more (and better) than any state in the Union, and the few outside of it that wrestle folk.

Why would he not?? Maybe he should have a plan that actually WORKS?

I imagine he thinks he gets Bo next.

At least he finally showed up for something.
Since we know he isn't going to outwork folks and he looked like he might pass out searching for oxygen molecules before the beating even began I am guessing the next fight will be a 2 rounder.

ADVERTISEMENT