ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

Incredible thread on HR re: asking Iowa fans if, knowing what they know now, would they swap Desanto for RBY. The standard answer was “Hell No! RBY is a boring staller!”

But there was this gem:

Scruddy

Team MVP​

I'd take the wrestler with multiple titles who never tapped out of a nearside cradle
He shall be banned.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
BTW. that thread is comedy gold. The absolute best: the number of posters who would rather have DeSanto because RBY is dirty.
The crazies have already pissed off Rick Assad and the Warners. How long until Gabe Arnold’s father drifts away once his son morphs into the typical Brands-era Iowa upper weight and the crazies turn against him?

Not sure where to post this, but it’s media related, so…
I am watching the MD -Rutgers match and was looking at the Maryland roster. They have links for each athlete to sponsor, pay to do a shoutout, attend a practice etc. Is there a reason PSU doesn’t have this for their guys?

Reactions: hlstone
Nope, here he woukd have been a room guy behind RBY and Nick Lee.T
Their entire thread is about "switching ADS for RBY". So we'd have ADS and they'd have RBY. Nick Lee doesn't make any sense in this discussion.

Who knows what this is:

40699594-corrugated-empty-metal-drain-pipe-under-log-and-branches-on-ground-covered-in-dead-leaves-.jpg

Reactions: palmettolion
Ohio State is drawn to self-owns like a moth to a flame.

Interesting looking at that list. Some obvious greats lead by Olympic champ Gable. Overall results from the group though are not what you would expect from the top recruit. 3 guys that won a national title and they only won 1 each. The 2 from 20 and 21 seem to really be struggling compared to their ranking coming in. I think Braxton is good and seems to be improving but he would probably be a guy that would benefit greatly from a 220 weight class. Paddy looks like he might have a career similar to Valencia. Good but nothing near the hype of when they were in high school

Ferrari was really the #1 guy that year but barely wrestled his senior year so some places lowered him. I can't remember all the details, but I think most people had him as a better recruit than Amos and he had beaten him in HS as well.

Reactions: hlstone
There are several obvious #1s on there no matter the rating service (Gable & Mark for sure), but it does beg the question, why don't the #1 P4P kids deliver more championships. 4 years x 10 kids = 40 title chances, with each P4P with 4 shots just to get 1.

This makes PSUs record with top 10 kids all that more amazing. Certainly a much higher %

There are several obvious #1s on there no matter the rating service (Gable & Mark for sure), but it does beg the question, why don't the #1 P4P kids deliver more championships. 4 years x 10 kids = 40 title chances, with each P4P with 4 shots just to get 1.

This makes PSUs record with top 10 kids all that more amazing. Certainly a much higher %
Mostly true about champs, though the books aren't closed on Kerk and subsequent. Kerk overlapped with Steveson and now looks like he'll be a champ in time, if not this year. Also Steveson left with a year remaining.

Fix is a 3x finalist and has next year if he chooses to take it. Bo Jordan lost to Hall in the finals, then did well with the hand he was dealt.

With hindsight the wrong Valencia was ranked #1, because Zahid hit a major growth spurt and nobody knew how he'd adjust to the weight.

Mostly true about champs, though the books aren't closed on Kerk and subsequent. Kerk overlapped with Steveson and now looks like he'll be a champ in time, if not this year. Also Steveson left with a year remaining.

Fix is a 3x finalist and has next year if he chooses to take it. Bo Jordan lost to Hall in the finals, then did well with the hand he was dealt.

With hindsight the wrong Valencia was ranked #1, because Zahid hit a major growth spurt and nobody knew how he'd adjust to the weight.
The champs stat increases dramatically if we use Willie's rankings -- which should be done anyway.

WTF Willie? I thought you were our chief recruiter? The record for your pipeline to PSU of your #1 P4P guys is abysmal.

Reactions: Ja1339
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT