ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

Yesterday, I posted a video that was inappropriate and offensive. In the moment, I saw humor in it and made the decision to post it. It was the wrong decision. Several of you have called me out and rightfully so. I apologize for my lack of judgment and ask for your forgiveness. I was told to be better than this. I would like to think I am better than this.

Yesterday, I posted a video that was inappropriate and offensive. In the moment, I saw humor in it and made the decision to post it. It was the wrong decision. Several of you have called me out and rightfully so. I apologize for my lack of judgment and ask for your forgiveness. I was told to be better than this. I would like to think I am better than this.

robert-redford-jeremiah-johnson.gif

Reactions: johnstownsteel
PSU_Lion_Fan - don't take it to hard. We all step over the line now and then. I predict I will do it several more times before the end of this season. Heck, Carter has done it a couple of times within the past week ;-)

How unbelievably lucky have we been to watch this man all these years? Truly one of a kind. Thank you, RBY.

I'm going to be picky and say we have been really blessed to watch RBY in a PSU singlet these last 5 years. He seems like he could be a better person than he is a wrestler, if that's even possible.

Anybody old enough to remember when this happened for Penn State Wrestling?

Anybody old enough to remember when this happened for Penn State Wrestling?

Was wondering why the hell they'd leave out the Pittsburgh Steelers then I remember that they were the exception and their 4 super bowl run in the 70s ended with them building an even bigger fanbase along with "Steeler Nation" :)

Second String Report:

125: Vespa is 0-4 with an epic TD.

125: Shindledecker is 5-6 with four bonus wins.

133: Shunk is 0-2 with two losses by decision (one in SV) to two ranked wrestlers.

141: Evans is 9-2 with four falls. His two losses were both in SV to ranked wrestlers (#6 Bartlett and #18 Cornella).

149: Pierce is 7-2 with four bonus wins. Only losses were to undefeated Shapiro and 14-4 Roberts.

149: Heard is 2-2 with a bonus win.

157: Barraclough is 7-3 with two bonus wins. He has wins against two ranked wrestlers and a 3rd over a 2022 NQ. All three of his losses were by decision to ranked wrestlers.

157: Dunbar is 0-1, losing 4-3 in an extra match after the Oregon State dual.

165: JLee is 5-1 with two falls.

165: MLee is 4-2 with two bonus wins.

165: Borden is 5-4 with two falls.

174: Kraeszig is 3-1 with a fall over a 2022 NQ and a major. Only loss is to #4 Foca.

174: Kelly is 5-5 with three falls and a major.

184: Ball is 12-3. All three losses were by decision to ranked wrestlers.

197: Cochran is 8-2 with four bonus wins.

197: Higgins is 8-3 with two falls.

197: Smith is 0-2.

285: Nevills is 2-0 with a fall and a major.

Second String Report:

125: Vespa is 0-4 with an epic TD.

125: Shindledecker is 5-6 with four bonus wins.

133: Shunk is 0-2 with two losses by decision (one in SV) to two ranked wrestlers.

141: Evans is 9-2 with four falls. His two losses were both in SV to ranked wrestlers (#6 Bartlett and #18 Cornella).

149: Pierce is 7-2 with four bonus wins. Only losses were to undefeated Shapiro and 14-4 Roberts.

149: Heard is 2-2 with a bonus win.

157: Barraclough is 7-3 with two bonus wins. He has wins against two ranked wrestlers and a 3rd over a 2022 NQ. All three of his losses were by decision to ranked wrestlers.

157: Dunbar is 0-1, losing 4-3 in an extra match after the Oregon State dual.

165: JLee is 5-1 with two falls.

165: MLee is 4-2 with two bonus wins.

165: Borden is 5-4 with two falls.

174: Kraeszig is 3-1 with a fall over a 2022 NQ and a major. Only loss is to #4 Foca.

174: Kelly is 5-5 with three falls and a major.

184: Ball is 12-3. All three losses were by decision to ranked wrestlers.

197: Cochran is 8-2 with four bonus wins.

197: Higgins is 8-3 with two falls.

197: Smith is 0-2.

285: Nevills is 2-0 with a fall and a major.
That’s the good stuff. Thank you

We are so blessed with this program. I had the thought, when you build our all-star team with champs at every weight, there is no other program doing the same that will beat us.

The more amazing thought; in another few years, a team built with our second stringers at each weight, might have a run at second place. :)

The more amazing thought; in another few years, a team built with our second stringers at each weight, might have a run at second place. :)
Only if the 9.9 gets doubled. We’ll have the occasional Seth Nevills, and often a Donovan Ball type (who I see as at best a R12 guy, which is incredible) or 2, but it would be hard to get 10 AA caliber guys to ride the pine for the best team unless they are also having their tuition covered, IMO.

Last edited:
Only if the 9.9 gets doubled. We’ll have the occasional Seth Nevills, and often a Donovan Ball type (who I see as at best a R12 guy, which is incredible) or 2, but it would be hard to get 10 aa caliber guys to ride the pine for the best team unless they are also having their tui.
Recruiting is tough. In equavitavtly sports it's even tougher. The recruiter must strike a chord with the kid. Is it one or more of the following;

Cost.
Starting.
Education.
Location.
Coaching.
Team culture.
Participating at the next level.

As an elite student/athlete, that is a lot to figure out.

Reactions: mcpat
Recruiting is tough. In equavitavtly sports it's even tougher. The recruiter must strike a chord with the kid. Is it one or more of the following;

Cost.
Starting.
Education.
Location.
Coaching.
Team culture.

Retention also a challenge. Just look at how many schools Cruiseliner Nick attended -- and he never had to chase a lineup spot.

Retention also a challenge. Just look at how many schools Cruiseliner Nick attended -- and he never had to chase a lineup spot.
You are correct.
I will share how it shakes out for my kid.
The coaches set the expectations of her being the practice goalie for 2 years.
The words were, "We expect you to focus on your studies for the first 2 years. Suit up for practice ,stop every shot from our team. Then be our starting keeper for your next 2 years."
I paraphrased the quote, but that was the jist.

Reactions: mcpat and nerfstate

Cost.
Starting.
Education.
Location.
Coaching.
Team culture.

I don’t disagree at all— and individually, a lot of scenarios can make sense for a lot of kids. But it’d be pretty surprising to me if we wind up landing enough AA caliber guys with no money and no/little chance to start that we could place 2nd at NCAA’s with 10 backups.

Reactions: mcpat and hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT